• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 10/01/04

JazzG

Established Member
Arsène said:
1. Man utd beat them like men against boys

Like last year? 6-2? Men meeting boys.

It was at St James park as well.

I was working that day. I put the radio on and it was 1-0 and Newcastle were leading. I was like wicked Newcastle might actually win. 25mins later I switch the radio and they go the score is 4-1, I was like OMG newcastle are whipping them. Then the commentator goes Man utd have turned it around and scored 4 goals in 23 goals. I was like WTF :shock 30mins later I check again and it is 6-1! I didn't even bother putting the radio back on after that!

Adam

Established Member
That game had a psychological effect on Arsenal. It made us believe they had a greater momentum than us. Really, Newcastle's defending was so poor that they gifted them the game. United prey on poor defending, and are nowadays unlikely to beat a team purely by their own ability and skill (they'll poach and grab rebounds, rely on mistakes as we saw against Madrid when their goals were skanky, while Madrid's were beautiful)

Please Newcastle - defend reasonably. Don't play Bramble, and play Woodgate with O Brien at least. Bernard - give him the chop. Hughes is OK. Play a midfield of Robert, Speed, Jenas, Solano. Stick Dyer with Shearer up front. Work hard!

PolishGooner

Lehmann, Lauren, Cygan, Campbell, Cole, Pires, Vieira, Gilberto, Ljungberg, Aliadiere, Henry

Stack, Keown, Edu, Parlour, Kanu

Schwarzer, Ehogiu, Mills, Quendrue, Southgate, Boateng, Doriva, Downing, Zenden, Job, Nemeth

Jones, Rigott, Paulista, Parnaby, Maccarone

No Ricketts, no Mendieta

PS. Arsène, who is that angel from your avatar?

patrick42uk

Established Member
Goonergurjit said:
I've just heard that Juninho's out for Boro. They haven't got Mendieta either.

juninho is on the bench, the move was tactical. wenger said boro cant play long balls as they would have the tiny juninho up front. well, maclaren reacted by playing a bigger person up front.

indy

Man! Thats 2 chances we have had according to the radio and now Boro are coming back into it, why is being a Gooner so nerving! I Hope we don't get punished COME ON ARSENAL!!

JazzG

Established Member
Henry freekick after a good run by Pires. He got it around the wall and was probably gonna hit the base of the post. Quadreu (sp?) got his leg there and it flew into the net :D

( I will only report major incidents in this post)

patrick42uk

Established Member
what was henry thinking celebrating like that in front of mills? someone should give him a slap! and then a pat on the back for the two goals

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
what was henry thinking celebrating like that in front of mills? someone should give him a slap! and then a pat on the back for the two goals

Mills had been giving him some serious lip as well for no reason!

A

Anonymous

just wondering when the luck is going to run out? Dodgy Pen own goal, Henry lucky not to get his legs broken in the next half by Mills!!!

Top Bottom