<

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 10/01/04

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by gooner, Jan 8, 2004.

1. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

It was at St James park as well.

I was working that day. I put the radio on and it was 1-0 and Newcastle were leading. I was like wicked Newcastle might actually win. 25mins later I switch the radio and they go the score is 4-1, I was like OMG newcastle are whipping them. Then the commentator goes Man utd have turned it around and scored 4 goals in 23 goals. I was like WTF :shock 30mins later I check again and it is 6-1! I didn't even bother putting the radio back on after that!

2. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

That game had a psychological effect on Arsenal. It made us believe they had a greater momentum than us. Really, Newcastle's defending was so poor that they gifted them the game. United prey on poor defending, and are nowadays unlikely to beat a team purely by their own ability and skill (they'll poach and grab rebounds, rely on mistakes as we saw against Madrid when their goals were skanky, while Madrid's were beautiful)

Please Newcastle - defend reasonably. Don't play Bramble, and play Woodgate with O Brien at least. Bernard - give him the chop. Hughes is OK. Play a midfield of Robert, Speed, Jenas, Solano. Stick Dyer with Shearer up front. Work hard!

3. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

I've just heard that Juninho's out for Boro. They haven't got Mendieta either.

4. jc8gooner

jc8gooner New Member Elite

Or Greening or Ricketts. Doriva is set to start.

5. PolishGooner

PolishGooner New Member Elite

Lehmann, Lauren, Cygan, Campbell, Cole, Pires, Vieira, Gilberto, Ljungberg, Aliadiere, Henry

Stack, Keown, Edu, Parlour, Kanu

Schwarzer, Ehogiu, Mills, Quendrue, Southgate, Boateng, Doriva, Downing, Zenden, Job, Nemeth

Jones, Rigott, Paulista, Parnaby, Maccarone

No Ricketts, no Mendieta

PS. Arsène, who is that angel from your avatar?

6. GoonerGurjit

Middlesboro look so f***ing defensive. I really hope we get an early goal!

7. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

juninho is on the bench, the move was tactical. wenger said boro cant play long balls as they would have the tiny juninho up front. well, maclaren reacted by playing a bigger person up front.

8. indy

indy New Member

Man! Thats 2 chances we have had according to the radio and now Boro are coming back into it, why is being a Gooner so nerving! I Hope we don't get punished COME ON ARSENAL!!

9. patrick42uk

that was not a penalty

10. GoonerGurjit

Who cares as long as we win!?!

11. patrick42uk

inexperience from aliadiere, should have gone for goal. he's been watching henry too much

12. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

yeah he should of gone for it

13. JGooner

JGooner New Member Trusted

2-0! Quedre own goal.

14. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

15. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Henry freekick after a good run by Pires. He got it around the wall and was probably gonna hit the base of the post. Quadreu (sp?) got his leg there and it flew into the net :D

( I will only report major incidents in this post)

16. patrick42uk

what was henry thinking celebrating like that in front of mills? someone should give him a slap! and then a pat on the back for the two goals

17. patrick42uk

it doesnt work adam, cant get in

18. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Mills had been giving him some serious lip as well for no reason!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just wondering when the luck is going to run out? Dodgy Pen own goal, Henry lucky not to get his legs broken in the next half by Mills!!!

20. neebz

neebz New Member

Is it an own goal or Henry's ?