• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 10/01/04

zerofeel

lol tat pics not me myth...and im just bein cautious from celebratin too much in case manure thump Newcastle with the same margin....grrrrrrrrrr.....ARSENAL is better comin from behind.....

A

Anonymous

good win. Defence is looking good . Worried about the midfield though apart from Pires.

Happy to see Ali start!.

At the start , i was wondering where was the goals were comming from, considering the chances at the start.

We need a midfielder who can take shoot and shoot straight.

JazzG

Established Member
I don't believe it, a postive post from you ;)

Pires and Ljundberg scored today, so I'm guessing they can shoot straight :?

Really disappointed about losing Ali, he played really well and he was showing why we rate him so highly. Then he got injured :( Story of his career so far :(

VCC

Having watched it live...good win, comfortable. We should have scored a couple more in the first half. The defense was solid, except for the late lapse that allowed Boro to take a quick free kick that resulted in the penalty.

Boro might want to rethink their strategy of sticking someone on the line on free kicks. It allowed us to have attacking players onside deep. The first time, Pires was able to get a touch that was nearly a goal and the second time the own goal was the result.

JazzG

Established Member
I heard McLarens based his tactics on the game where we lost 3-0 to Inter, I think he was probably using our tactics :lol:

VCC

Heh yes, Tyler did mention that during the broadcast...I remember a couple years ago Boro's away kits looked a lot like Inter's home strip. Maybe they'd have had better luck if they'd worn them today. :wink:

kajej

I loved the part where Danny Mills was trying to keep the ball away from Henry in the corner when Henry pulled offa trick, put the ball between his legs and sprinted off! :) His celebration after the penalty was also a classic. btw, surprisingly, they did shake hands after the whistle.

jc8gooner

Great result and performance today.

I was very encouraged by the excellent second half performance of Kanu, and even more so, the first half showing of Aliadiere. He may not have scored when chances presented themselves to him, but his movement was top class, he troubled the defence with his pace, and got in some lovely one-two's with Titi.

Thierry played OK today too, but not quite motm performance from him. I think he realised how well we were playing and then started to try all sorts of things, often over-complicating and trying to do something a bit too special. Nevertheless, he was still good and it was nice to see him get a goal.

Gilberto and Vieira ran the midfield today. They were both brillliant in the centre, especially paddy, who although he was fouled constantly, bossed the midfield. Gilberto made some good tackles and worked hard. He even made time to do some showboating at the end, flicking the ball delightfully over an oncoming Boro player.

Pires was pretty good, running confidently with the ball, and even challenging Danny Mills (who recently was awarded thug of the year) physically at times. He reacted well to score another goal (thats 8 in the league now), and score even more points for more fantsay footie team. Ljungberg did ok too, with a workmanlike performance and a deserved goal.

In defence, Cygan had a few dodgy moments but was generally solid. Partially at fault for the goal, seeing he was not aware to the quick free kick. Great bit when he and Ash were in the corner of their own half and passed their way out with 5 or 6 one touch passes. Sol did fine, nothing spectacular, but that wasn't really needed. He seems to have worked out that his forte is not passing the ball long and he now leaves this to Cygan and the midfielders.

Special mention must go to the full backs though, who both performed very well. Lauren was good defensively and offensively, and is so comfortable on the ball that a return to midfield would be easy for him. Ashley showed great energy on the left, getting up to support the attack, but not letting himself down defensively either.

Lehmann did fine, but Boro hardly had a shot on target. Maybe committed himself a bit too much on the penalty, but he still hardly touched Maccarone, who was looking for it.

johe

Never liked Danny Mills, first time I saw him he kicked a player who was down when the ref couldn't see it.

When Henry took his penalty, I heard someone yelling "Here it comes, Schwarzer!" Think that may have been Henry, lol? :lol:

jc8gooner

Danny Mills is the biggest ****. Always causing trouble, looking for a fight, and winding everyone up. He always has something to say to the oppositon and its never nice. Plus, he's just not that good a footballer. He just hoofs it every time he gets it.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
JazzG said:
In the first 10mins it could of been 4-0 to us

I've just heard Ali might have suffered ligament damage :( On monday kanu has to go and we only have 1 fit striker left! Wenger has to bring someone in now. Such a shame for Ali, had a good 1st half and this happens :cry:

WTF? I was wondering why he was taken off so early. He seemed to be quite involved early on. Hopefully its not as serious as ligament damage.

zerofeel

does this mean jugeared jeffers will be recalled back from everton? ;D or perhaps bentley will be asked to warm up the bench more often....

jc8gooner

Oh yeah, Congratulations to Freddie for getting his 50th goal today. It was definitely coming. Heres to 50 more!

Top Bottom