• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 22/08/04

ethanen

theguvnor, I put bergy instead of henry..
and apperently "Dropping Henry is the single most stupid thing ever mentioned on these forums"

Realwood

Isn't it a little "too early" to rest Henry. I see your point for later on in the season, but Boro dosent suck and have a major record at stake.

Henry should and WILL start. Later on in the season, yes, we should rest Henry from time to time.

ethanen

theguvnor said:
Now im normally one for play whoever is playing the best... So if one of these regular 11 arnt playing their best then you bring in someone who is playing better at that point in time. We should play our best 11 at the moment
I totaly agree with that part.
if thats how you feel can you explain why you put bergy on the bench?

A

Anonymous

You can take that theory too far though. Stability in a lineup is important. If you want to see why that theory needs to be practiced in moderation, look up Rainieri. :-/
True, but im not talking about ripping up the whole team, just keeping reyes and cesc in the team whilst they are 2 of our best performers so far.

Aussie

Established Member
Well at least this season we wont have to worry about players playing to many games. We have exellent backup in most positions.

A

Anonymous

theguvnor, I put bergy instead of henry..
and apperently "Dropping Henry is the single most stupid thing ever mentioned on these forums"
Sorry didnt see begy ahead of henry in your team.

I totaly agree with that part.
if thats how you feel can you explain why you put bergy on the bench
Because dropping henry is stupidity :wink: And reyes is playing better than bergy.

Gurgen

Established Member
Dropping either Henry, Bergkamp or Reyes is a crime. It's a dilemma, but a good one for a change.

bobbypires

Established Member
theguvnor said:
lehmann

lauren toure cygan cole

freddie cesc gilberto pires (c)

reyes henry

subs: bergy, almunia, clichy, pennant, edu
I like it, especially pires (c) ;D
If the lineup is this, Robby would deserve the captain armband.

Anders Limpar

There is only one place in the XI that could be changed from the game against Everton and whatever Wenger decides both Pires and Reyes is exceptional...

...I'll go for Reyes because his form is the best ever and Pires could only benefit from another week of build up!

Give Ray a cheer from as well, he's my kind of guy! Loved him at Arsenal and still do...

juz7_pi12es

bobbypires said:
theguvnor said:
lehmann

lauren toure cygan cole

freddie cesc gilberto pires (c)

reyes henry

subs: bergy, almunia, clichy, pennant, edu
I like it, especially pires (c) ;D
If the lineup is this, Robby would deserve the captain armband.
yes please! :D

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i really think we should keep reyes on the bench. bergkamp is well rested and pires is back to full fitness. if we need a goal, bring on reyes at half time and give them something to think about. pires is still our starter on the left. reyes just has the luxury of being a versetile man. we need experience in this game, not youthful over-exuberance. the short pitch at highbury doesnt play very well to Reyes' pace. i hope Arsène gives pires the start and lets dennis play with henry upfront. after 55 minutes, when legs are getting tired, reyes should come on and cause a few problems. thats the way i see it. we are in for a tough game tomorrow. i would like to see experienced players handle it.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It looks like gilberto may not make this game - in that case i reckon there is no way in hell wenger will start with flamini and cesc - the 2 extreemly inexperienced youngsters will struggle to form an understanding - especially when up against players like parlour and zenden who will probarly tackle like crazy throughout the game.

IF gilberto does not make it then pires will probarly start in the centre, reyes on the left - with henry and dennis up front.

My only worry is that a midfield of reyes,pires,cesc and ljungberg might just be too attacking.

johe

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
It looks like gilberto may not make this game - in that case i reckon there is no way in hell wenger will start with flamini and cesc - the 2 extreemly inexperienced youngsters will struggle to form an understanding - especially when up against players like parlour and zenden who will probarly tackle like crazy throughout the game.

IF gilberto does not make it then pires will probarly start in the centre, reyes on the left - with henry and dennis up front.

My only worry is that a midfield of reyes,pires,cesc and ljungberg might just be too attacking.

That is what I think too. Since we're playing at home it could work, and if Gilberto, Edu and Vieira are out, it's the best we can come up with. However, I don't think someone has mentioned Seba Svärd? If Wenger feels he's solid enough defensively, he might give him a go. It is in a way a risk just as big as playing Cesc and Pires in the middle. Anyone who has seen him play? From what I've heard he's less of an attacking midfielder than Cesc and is strong physically. Anyway I think there's a bigger chance Wenger will play Lauren or Pires in the middle.

Top Bottom