• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 22/08/04

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Isn't Reyes playing a friendly with Spain if so Arsène will start him on the bench. Viduka if he fires is the type of striker that will give Cygan problems, someone is going to have to help him out. Hope Thierry scores a goal tends to lose confidence and sulk on a barren run

jester

Established Member
reyes is in the spain squad, but may not be playing.
cole will be playing the enitre england game with bridge out. 'could see clichey?

afrodizzy

This would be my ideal team for Arsenal against Boro on Sunday

Lehman

Lauren Toure Cygan Clichy

Ljungberg Fabregas Gilberto Pires

Bergkamp Reyes

I picked Clichy ahead of Cole as he will be tired after the England's friendly. I restored Rires in his normal position as I reckon him to bolster the midfield & offer support to Clichy in Coles's absence (though I do admit that he is not known tracking back to help the left back) hoping Wenger will realise that & tell him. Ljungberg is on fire I think at the moment. Cesc will continue to defy critics as he will be called again to justify Wenger's inclusion in this team. He played well against Manure so Everton off will do the same with Boro (Keep the faith). I also picked Jose ahead of Titi beacuse he was man of the Tournament during the pre-season friendlies also MOTM against Manure . He terrorised Everton's defence some here argue that it was a close call for him & Bergkamp for MOTM against Everton. I predict that even if he plays for Spain during his call-up then he will come to pick up where he left from. Whereas Titi lacks match sharpness will feature for France will come depleted & will need a rest he will be raring to go against Blackburn.

I will rest Pires in the second half with 20 or so mins to go given that he will have played for France, he will not be too tired after coming in as a sub against Everton. I will put in his place Van Persie who should get a nod this time over Flamini. I dont think Flamini will play against Boro as Arsenal all got a temporary licence for him to play against Everton (the issue is headed to the Sport Arbitration Court)

Might feature Pennant depending on how Freddy will be playing & our win margin.

kanooo

Regarding the tackling from Everton, one thing come to my mind.

Reyes should look out for these tackles. He plays with so much energy that I've seen him getting hacked most of the time. I really don't want to see him get injured. I think he should watch out for these tackles as everyone will be trying to stop him from now on (legally or illegally).

As for the line up, I think I agree with the Pires, Cesc, Gilberto and Reyes in midfeld - with Bergkamp and Henry up front.

Although Ljungberg played really well the other day, I really do think that Reyes and Pires should be picked ahead of Ljungberg.

Mark

Established Member
job said:
Wasnt Reyes the most fouled player when he played in la liga ?

Yes, he was. You can see why as well, there's no other way to stop him. Too quick and too tricky.

JazzG

Established Member
We usually do abit crap when our players come back from international duty so hope that isn't the case.

As for the team, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Want to see more of Fabregas as well, can't believe this kid is 17. Such a mature player and great to see a CM who uses his brain and picks out the best pass rather than the simplest one.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
We didn't do so badly last year :wink:

I can see an argument for resting Thierry against Boro, Jose and Dennis HAVE to start- they're on fire!

patrick42uk

Established Member
i want thierry to play. the more games he gets, the quicker he hits top form, the better arsenal do. hope he starts for france tomorrow. theirry is in desprate need of games, way too rusty on sunday despite his 2 assists.

tox

OneteaminLondon said:
I can also see that argument too. So it would all point to Bobby or Freddie being rested?

With Reyes and Bergkamp on such good form and henry being the first name on the teamsheat, its gonna have to be between freddie and pires.... i think.

jacc_7_1

afrodizzy said:
This would be my ideal team for Arsenal against Boro on Sunday

Lehman

Lauren Toure Cygan Cilchy

Ljungberg Fabregas Gilberto Pires

Bergkamp Reyes

believed that wenger will start with the same team that played last saturday...
probably changes will be done int he second half and we will see RVP coming in for henry, pires for reyes ??

juz7_pi12es

i want thierry to play. the more games he gets, the quicker he hits top form, the better arsenal do. hope he starts for france tomorrow. theirry is in desprate need of games, way too rusty on sunday despite his 2 assists.
agree! he's lack of match practice. but no rushing IF his fitness is still not 100%, because reyes and bergkamp are on fire!

Soler

Established Member
Lehmann
Lauren Toure Cygan Cole
Pires Gilberto Fabregas Reyes
Bergkamp Henry

SUBS: Almunia Flamini Ljungberg Clichy van Persie

lewdikris

Established Member
I stone cold guarantee that there's no way Pires will start on the right.

And why would Cole or Reyes be dropped after international duty? Jeez, Thierry, Bobby, Gilberto and Freddie are also away, and Pennant played last night. Do you want to rest them as well??!!

I don't know who'll drop to the bench. It'll probably be Dennis, however well he's playing. Bobby needs a start to get match fit, whilst Dennis is already there.

I'd expect Van Persie and Clichy to figure on the bench - and Van Persie to make his debut. But frankly, we've got so many options now that the bench is very difficult to judge.

Lehmann

Lauren Kolo Cygan Cole

Freddie Silva Cesc Pires

Reyes Henry

Subs: Almunia, Senderos/Hoyte, Clichy/Flamini/Pennant, Van Persie, Bergkamp

Soler

Established Member
lewdikris said:
But frankly, we've got so many options now that the bench is very difficult to judge.

Certainly is a case where a 7-man bench would be quite handy, don't you agree?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom