• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 22/08/04

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think that Jose will start the game but Rob will come on as a sub.
I think Henry will score.
I think it will be hard game but score will be 2-1.
I think Pascal will be on the bench.

JazzG

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Lehmann

Lauren Kolo Cygan Cole

Freddie Silva Cesc Pires

Reyes Henry

Subs: Almunia, Senderos/Hoyte, Clichy/Flamini/Pennant, Van Persie, Bergkamp

Would be hard to justify dropping Dennis considering he was probably our best player on Sunday and was brilliant against the Mancs as well.

Agree about the sub thing as well, we need it to be expanded dammit!

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Here's the team i would LIKE to see out there but probarly wont:

Lehmann

Lauren
Senderos
Toure
Cole

Ljungberg
Flamini
Cesc/Gilberto
Pires

Henry
Reyes

Flamini will probarly start on the bench though - same with senderos.

Prediction: 3-1 to the arsenal.

Gurgen

Established Member
It's a bit of a dilemma, because Dennis and Jose are playing their hearts out, and Pires and Henry simply can't be left on the bench when fit.

kanooo

Natnat said:
I think that Jose will start the game but Rob will come on as a sub.
I think Henry will score.
I think it will be hard game but score will be 2-1.
I think Pascal will be on the bench.

I really don't think Pascal will be on the bench. He's been playing well lately.

Denish

Who would replace Pascal at CB if he's on the bench? Senderos? Hoyte? If Cygan is being left on the bench for being slightly tentative, then surely either of those two are going to be even more tentative making their full debut at CB against a strong Middlesbrough attack.

tbbosa

This is a good dilema to have, it means we have got the depth we have been looking for. Wenger is a genius, and far as am concerned what ever team he chooses will do the job, besides Wenger knows!!!

4-2 to Arsenal.

Anders Limpar

As long as Reyes play as well as he does I can't see why Pires should be in the team. The best eleven should play and that might not include Bobby at the moment. Wake up, this is how it should be if we are to become the best team inte world i.e world class players on the pitch aswell as on the bench...that's what we all been waiting for!!

:angel

Sigun

at the moment Bergkamp is playing @ his peak, and Reyes is on fire, so Pires should be on the bench as much as i hate to say.

2-0

kin4ever

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Henry!!!!!!!!!Bergkamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reyes!!!!!!!!!Gilberto!!!!!!!!!!!CEsc!!!!!!!!!!Ljungberg

Cole!!!!!!!!!!!!Cygan!!!!!!!!!!!Toure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LAuren

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lehmann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subs: Pires, Almunia, Pennant, Hoyte, Flamini.

Our squad is strong... Van persie, Clichy, Senderos & Edu...... :wink:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This will be a tough game against a Boro side who in my opinion will be pushing for a top six finish come May. I'm worried about how Cygan will cope with Hasselbaink and Viduka (if he's back from suspension). Cygan does tend to get bullied by the more physical players. Fabregas vs Parlour will be a fascinating dual. Hopefully Fabregas will further enhance his already glowing reputation in his first Premiership game at Highbury. We normally score four or five against Boro but I can't see that happening this time round.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Anders Limpar said:
As long as Reyes play as well as he does I can't see why Pires should be in the team. The best eleven should play and that might not include Bobby at the moment. Wake up, this is how it should be if we are to become the best team inte world i.e world class players on the pitch aswell as on the bench...that's what we all been waiting for!!

:angel

yeah, but based on your argument, that world class player should be henry. he hasnt had a good game since white hart lane. whereas pires reminded us vs ajax that despite being 31, he can still dictate a game from the left. i dont think henry will be dropped though but i think pires has to be there if 100% fit. IMO, he offers us more on the left than reyes does. i'd like to see reyes upfront, but bergie is captain at the moment. i think reyes will make way, depending on pires' fitness.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It can go either way. I really cant see Arsène dropping reyes or henry - so he'll either go with bergy upfront alongside thierry with jose on the left - or drop dennis, have reyes replace him, and have pires start on the left.

Its a really really tough choice for Arsène to make but i reckon he'll drop dennis - even though he was arguably our best player against everton.

KingReyes

Established Member
I can see Pires starting this one, he hasn't got the match fitness that the others have. Bergy and Jose have played during the pre season aswell and could be given a small rest then brought on from the bench. Expect RVP to make an appearance

patrick42uk

Established Member
if bergie is dropped, who will be captain? remember, wenger emphasised experience on the pitch to guide the young players. with no bergkamp, there will be no leaderhsip so i think he will play. except if cygan will be made captain and i dont think that will go down to well.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
if bergie is dropped, who will be captain? remember, wenger emphasised experience on the pitch to guide the young players. with no bergkamp, there will be no leaderhsip so i think he will play. except if cygan will be made captain and i dont think that will go down to well.

Good point - another option would be playing henry and reyes upfront - pires on the left - and bergkamp on the right - dropping freddie. Thats unlikely but i do recall seeing dennis playing on the right for us - i cant remember what game that was though.

Pires does need to be gaining match fitness as KingReyes already said so its very important that he starts - and dropping Reyes when he's in this sort of form is going to be hard - so i still think dennis seems like the most likely player to make way with maybe ashley being captain ?

Who knows - we'r just going to have to wait and see.

KingReyes

Established Member
I think this discussion really shows what a quality squad we have. Last season the first 16 let alone the first 11 was easily predicatable whereas at the moment this season the only players most likely to start would be the back 4 and GK. And we've still got Vieira and Sol to come back!!

AFCG7

Established Member
Parlour will have a point to prove and he'll proably give Cesc a good working over.. lets see how our young maestro comes out of it.

kanuuu

Established Member
I know its a little risky but what about trying Pires on the left with henry and reyes up front, Freddy on the right and Dennis just off the strikers with Gilberto covering midfield, i think it would work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom