• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 22/08/04

A

Anonymous

more chance that lauren would fail i think.. id like to see freddie play in the centre :D as he likes to chase the ball down aswell as get forward, whereas pires only likes to get forward

Gurgen

Established Member
Actually last year Pires made a lot more effort to track back and defend, as well as cover for Ash.

huyha123

i just read the news and only thing to say is sh*****t Brazil!!!! now we have only Flamini and Cesc for midfielders. which definitely not enough for against Ray, Boteng, Mendieta, Zenden.

hope we go for attacking formula to help defence.

sh********t brazil!!!!! :evil:

patrick42uk

Established Member
huyha123 said:
i just read the news and only thing to say is sh*****t Brazil!!!! now we have only Flamini and Cesc for midfielders. which definitely not enough for against Ray, Boteng, Mendieta, Zenden.

we are allowed to play wingers you know. its not only cesc and flamini vs 4 boro midfielders. i'm not worried about cesc and flamini vs boateng and parlour. what i'm more worried about is the fact that flamini isnt allowed to play, so we only have cesc. or has the flamini situation been sorted?

AFCG7

Established Member
I'm very worried about Cesc and Flamini against Ray and Boateng.. you're talking two hard as nails seasoned midfielders against a small 17 year old and another small player new the the premiership.. this will be our biggest test to stay unbeaten.

huyha123

I thought until there will be further notice, he will able to play coz we got FIFA go-ahead which is the highest power in football.

Soler

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
what i'm more worried about is the fact that flamini isnt allowed to play, so we only have cesc. or has the flamini situation been sorted?

As far as I know, Flamini is allowed to play in both the eyes of the 'esteemed' FA and FIFA. It's just Marseille being wankers over the situation.

johe

I think that Cesc and either of Pires/Ljungberg is too weak defensively normally, but since we're playing at home, it could just about work.

I think what the guy that lewdikris mentioned means about us playing 4-3-3, is that Reyes was given much more freedom to be attacking than Freddie, sort of like Pires gets more freedom to attack than Freddie. Reyes went almost up front with Henry, and Bergkamp dropping deeper alongside Cesc to orchestrate the attack, and Gilberto way back. Freddie also moved around alot more than he was allowed to last season. Then he didn't make as many runs, but instead used his workrate to balance the midfield.

Code:
Against Everton

Defense:

Jens
Lauren  Kolo      Cygan  Cole

Gilberto
Freddie            Fabregas Reyes

Bergkamp
                          Henry

Attack:

Jens

Kolo       Cygan

Gilberto
Lauren                           Cole
     |                      Cesc     |
     |     Bergkamp                  |

Freddie                  
        \                            Reyes
         \              Henry      /

That's how I picture it anyway. Perhaps put Bergkamp a tad further ahead.

Hope it made sense.

Arnie

AFCG7 said:
I'm very worried about Cesc and Flamini against Ray and Boateng.. you're talking two hard as nails seasoned midfielders against a small 17 year old and another small player new the the premiership.. this will be our biggest test to stay unbeaten.

Give cesc some credit. He came against roy keane two weeks ago and matched him :!: :!:
Don't for get he also comes against vieira in training every week.
And last season he would have come against ray parlour every week.

Sodon't worry about him not going against players that are tough as nails because 2 weeks ago he matched the toughest midfielder in the premiership and a captain of a team that was once great!!

Arnie

Same team as last week, if gilberto is available.

Why spoil a winning formula. Pires can be our supersub.

I never thought i would say that two years ago when he got footballer of the year!!

That's a testament to reyes!!

A

Anonymous

Flamini and Cesc in the centre fills me with no confidence what so ever. This is bad news if Gilberto cant play - is anything certain about this?

Reyes to start on the bench btw.

A

Anonymous

if it is flamini and csec on, we'll really see how well flamini is that day heh

Latest posts+

Top Bottom