• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United | Saturday 27th November | KO: 12:30 GMT | BT Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockofcashel

How the **** can we be only 6 points behind the machine that is Chelsea? :lol:

Because despite the huge negativity here, Arsenal are having a pretty good season. We got hockeyed by three of the best five teams in Europe, and got caught on the hop in the first game against a fired up Brentford, while also being CV stricken.. but apart from that, we're doing pretty well.

People laugh when I discount the Big 3 games.. but were we ever going to get much out of them? Seriously.

In the other 8 games.. 5 goals against, and 4 clean sheets. The defence seems to be coming together, with finally a regularity to it that we havent seen in years. Apart from the Tavares/Tierney question, the other four pick themselves.

5 games to the half way point, and I'd be pretty happy to get there with 34/35 points.

Lets be honest here.. after the 5-0 against City, if you were offered joint 5th on the same number of points as 4th, eight games later, would you take it?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's cause most shots are coming from distance and the fullbacks are taking them. Our best players are not getting the ball in the right positions. Saka was literally having to dribble past 2-3 players to get into a shooting position until the 1st goal which was a good move.
The first half pissed me off because ESR and auba not moving Tavares and Tomi always have the ball the 2nd half improved massively because ESR and auba start to move and create space. If you remember wenger team our front r always move that's why we score and have many chances

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Just woke up and didn’t watch anything. Was gonna bet on over 2.5 goals on this match when I woke up. But my alarm overslept. Hood win and a clean sheet

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The first half pissed me off because ESR and auba not moving Tavares and Tomi always have the ball the 2nd half improved massively because ESR and auba start to move and create space. If you remember wenger team our front r always move that's why we score and have many chances
But this is every match. We play through our fullbacks. This is Artetas way of playing

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Thank God we won.

I couldn't bare the thought of losing to a team that has Joelinton leading the line for them.

That's a step too far 🤣

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
But this is every match. We play through our fullbacks. This is Artetas way of playing
I agree modern football these days require fullbacks to be good with ball look at city Chelsea and Liverpool for example most thier goals coming from fullback contributing something from it the problem with Arteta is our front 4 not moving or create space that's we look clueless specially when we face teams that defend deep

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Because despite the huge negativity here, Arsenal are having a pretty good season. We got hockeyed by three of the best five teams in Europe, and got caught on the hop in the first game against a fired up Brentford, while also being CV stricken.. but apart from that, we're doing pretty well.

People laugh when I discount the Big 3 games.. but were we ever going to get much out of them? Seriously.

In the other 8 games.. 5 goals against, and 4 clean sheets. The defence seems to be coming together, with finally a regularity to it that we havent seen in years. Apart from the Tavares/Tierney question, the other four pick themselves.

5 games to the half way point, and I'd be pretty happy to get there with 34/35 points.

Lets be honest here.. after the 5-0 against City, if you were offered joint 5th on the same number of points as 4th, eight games later, would you take it?
Nah, that's a weak excuse.

That said you said it yourself best after, our defence is completely different to those first 3 games. We now have a backbone that automatically makes the whole team better

VS Man City we started Kola, Holding, Chambers and Cedric FFS.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You are so desperate for Arteta to get into the top 4 to vindicate all your anger at just being in the top 4. :lol:
I want Arsenal back in the top 4, although not sure why when I think about it because we'd still be very far behind Europes best. I leave the manager bollocks to you lot. Couldn't give a **** who was managing us.

rockofcashel

Nah, that's a weak excuse.

That said you said it yourself best after, our defence is completely different to those first 3 games. We now have a backbone that automatically makes the whole team better

VS Man City we started Kola, Holding, Chambers and Cedric FFS.

True, but todays back 4 got hockeyed v Liverpool.. its a growing team.. we've got to give them a chance

People want stats.. Artetas first 50 PL games, he was better than Klopps..

Klopp turned that boat around, but it took a few years.. and hundreds of millions. Arteta is on that trip now. Do we need an Allison? Maybe Ramsdale is that answer. We need a Salah, but they don't come cheap or easy.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Its functional but I dont think its sustainable if we are looking to push for a top four spot.

We need to get our attack more effective, grinding out wins will not get you through the required wins.
Our attacking play really needs to improve. It would also help if Auba wouldn’t waste gilded chances once or twice a game and not score at all otherwise. If your striker is stone cold sure doesn’t help to open up defenses. But overall play sure needs improvement!

Still, another clean sheet. Always something…

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Thank God we won.

I couldn't bare the thought of losing to a team that has Joelinton leading the line for them.

That's a step too far 🤣
I remember when Nelson was on loan at Hoffenheim and I noted that Joelinton was probably the nearest Brazilian thing to human elevator music I've ever seen. Next thing you know, Newcastle have dropped £40m on him.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I remember when Nelson was on loan at Hoffenheim and I noted that Joelinton was probably the nearest Brazilian thing to human elevator music I've ever seen. Next thing you know, Newcastle have dropped £40m on him.

That's as apt a description for Joelinton as any one might find 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom