• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield Utd| Sunday 4th October 14:00| Sky Sports Main Event

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
You shouldn't, some people are r3tard3d :lol:
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
We were always going to lose away to Liverpool. 9 points out of 12 is a great start to the season. Tricky set of fixtures after the break.

Yeah its basically 3 out of 3 when you consider we have the toughest fixture in the league done already.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don’t know how people expect Willian to suddenly gel with the team when there really wasn’t a preseason. Football is a team game, give him time to get him to feel comfortable and be on the same wavelength as everybody. Granted, his acclimatization period will be shorter because he’s not coming from out of the Prem, but time is still required. New team, new coach, different schemes.

You’re talking too much sense

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There was nothing lucky about this win. We deserved it. Scored two great goals. Sheffield didn't create a single decent chance apart from a long range goal from outside the box
We scored two great goals but we could have easily drawn with the way we fell off in the last 15 minutes. We were maybe a little lucky Luiz wasn't sent off. Forget the possession stats. We had 5 shots on target to SU's 2 and nothing of note in the first 30 minutes. I agree with Evra when he says that our quality won the game but this won't always be possible against better opposition. I'm happy with the win but the lack of legs and quality in midfield won't move us up the table over 38 games-unless we're very,very lucky.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Not lucky but very clinical with chances we got. Today total 6 shots! 5 on target.

Win today is great but don't let fool you that we desperately need creativity in side and Arteta need to tell his team to be more adventurous

Yeah, we definitely need more creativty but shots dont count for everything, we got a decent amount of dangerous balls in to the box that didn't count for anything. I'm thinking of the ball Ceballos nearly got to Auba and the one Nketiah didn't make the run for in the first half especially.

GunnerShy

People swing it that way. I think it says more about Arteta at the moment.

I'd take the off Form Pepe. At least he has a wand of a left foot. Moment of magic from nothing is what we will need to win it.

In actual fact I'd pull Eddie off, put PEA central, Willian Left and Pepe right for the second half.
If Arteta is going to read my posts and base his subs on it the least he could do if give me and A-M a shout out in the press conference

African Flair

Good win. Solid game, loved that Pepe came in and had a fantastic half with Auba and Willian, need more of that from start!
Was last ten was anxious though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not lucky but very clinical with chances we got. Today total 6 shots! 5 on target.

Win today is great but don't let fool you that we desperately need creativity in side and Arteta need to tell his team to be more adventurous

Again nowhere near enough. I said before the game I wanted to see more shots and it hasn't happened. I just fear eventually the results will go downhill if we can't create more.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We scored two great goals but we could have easily drawn with the way we fell off in the last 15 minutes. We were maybe a little lucky Luiz wasn't sent off. Forget the possession stats. We had 5 shots on target to SU's 2 and nothing of note in the first 30 minutes. I agree with Evra when he says that our quality won the game but this won't always be possible against better opposition. I'm happy with the win but the lack of legs and quality in midfield won't move us up the table over 38 games-unless we're very,very lucky.
We kept the ball all the way through till they scored. After that we dropped off. Only thing we should've done was push for a 3rd

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Agreed, to me this doesn’t feel quite so much as a lucky run where we will be eventually found out. Feels like there is slightly more of a defensive emphasis with this side which leads in turn to slightly less excitement in attack.

Certainly could be argued there was a lack of “entertainment” in both this game and away in the milk cup midweek - but personally I don’t mind it one bit.

Nothing lucky about our wins at the moment.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Agreed, to me this doesn’t feel quite so much as a lucky run where we will be eventually found out. Feels like there is slightly more of a defensive emphasis with this side which leads in turn to slightly less excitement in attack.

Certainly could be argued there was a lack of “entertainment” in both this game and away in the milk cup midweek - but personally I don’t mind it one bit.

Nothing lucky about our wins at the moment.

People want everything to happen in an instant. That isn’t how it works. Start from defense and build from there. I like the direction we are going. We’ve made our defense more solid (there is more work to do) and maintained some creative aspect. We are certainly more creative than we were last season.

I do think we need better personnel if we want to play much better.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Again nowhere near enough. I said before the game I wanted to see more shots and it hasn't happened. I just fear eventually the results will go downhill if we can't create more.

They will. I saw a stat that showed we won 9 points more than expected under Artetaand that our 22 percent conversion rate had never been maintained over a season. We are punching above our weight and it's unsustainable over 38 games.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We kept the ball all the way through till they scored. After that we dropped off. Only thing we should've done was push for a 3rd
We dropped off after we scored the second and invited pressure
We played keep ball for 15 minutes after we score instead of pushing for the third. We dropped off too much. After that, we allowed them to gain momentum which made for an unnecessary nervous ending. You may not feel that we were lucky but we were far from convincing.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Partey is no chance

If we can’t sign Auorar then honestly we shouldn’t waste our money on Plan B/Cs etc. We need to just make do with what we have and get who we want next season. Can’t waste what little money we have.

Have you seen either of them play?

Partey is not a plan b for Aouar :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We dropped off after we scored the second and invited pressure

We played keep ball for 15 minutes after we score instead of pushing for the third. We dropped off too much. After that, we allowed them to gain momentum which made for an unnecessary nervous ending. You may not feel that we were lucky but we were far from convincing.
I feel we were far more convincing today than we were against West Ham. That one was really fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom