• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield Utd| Sunday 4th October 14:00| Sky Sports Main Event

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Best thing about Gabriel is he doesn't look like a new signing. Not doing anything stupid that needs focused on. Looks like he's been here for years.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We win but this was not convincing at all. Shades of Emery's 22 game unbeaten run with a bit more organisation and the last 15 minutes was atrocious game management. We're the only winning side without a clean sheet today but I'm still happy with the win.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
FIFA literally rewards abusing mechanics... We have complained about the scripting and handicap in FIFA for years...

PES 20 does not reward bad players, there is such a clear skill gap that you would never win against someone who is experienced. I can win in FIFA with a silver team against a team of legends.

The controls aren't convoluted like FIFA. Literally adding nonsense mechanics and call it a new feature. Go on Reddit and read about the new dribbling mechanic which makes it impossible to win the ball.

There is a massive reason why FIFA is considered an arcade game and PES is an esport game and wins multiple awards for it :lol:

This almost convinced me to buy PES... But then I remembered your judgement on Xhaka.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not a classic, but a win that could prove so important at the end of the season, just like the West Ham one.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Before the substitution it was terrible, after the sub it was pretty good, and towards the end it was hairier than it should have been.

Positive and negative lessons to be learnt for Arteta, which is ok, and 3 points is good.

Overall if a neutral asked me to describe the Arsenal team these days I'd say not great, not awful, and not the most exciting team in the league.

Lewdtenant

Giga Tilted
that prick of a ref.. Auba was clear away there to score if he hadn't blown the whistle..

Good win, bit annoyed with conceding, but lets be honest, if someone offered Arteta 9 points from his first 4 games at the start of the season, he'd take them

Yup, absolute prick

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Or people that want to play football sims and not arcade button bashing football games.
I've had games on FIFA that ended with 6+ goals... There is so much emphasis on attack and leaving the AI to defend for you. The moment you attempt to manually defend, you are going to lose.

Watch any pro FIFA player, literally no manual defending, no manual passing, no manual shooting. Just ping pong until the game ends. Players are stat sticks, with no difference in style.

Try ping pong on PES and see how well that goes. You can actually cancel out someones tactics on PES by setting up your team right.

Whether I play 4312, 4231 or whatever formation on FIFA, the game is always the same. PES, you play 4312 and have your opponent defend narrow, you aren't getting a chance to save your life.

Edit: Stopped watching the game to type about FIFA vs PES... that was a weird tangent

Papa Wonga

Established Member
If we can't get aouar or partey, I'm still baffled why we let Marc roca go to Bayern for £13m, Or ibrahima Sangare for £9m, heck boubakary soumare is available. Or even idrissa gueye on loan.

AD1998

Hm, is it just me, or is Willian playing through the center only after Pepe came on?

I think the the 4231 system we have going in attack since Pepe we came on is the way to go against these sides.

Great win! Obviously could use a dynamic creative midfielder to play where Mo played in this one. Xhaka/Ceballos to cover the deep lying play maker role, with a new dynamic midfielder/Nene in the midfield would be quite good. Hope we can get it done. Partey would be absolutely perfect there, real shame we don't have the money to make that happen.

Hoping that the wide open nature of this league, and the fact that top 4 really is attainable, will motivate the Kroenke's! Not gonna bet my life on that one though. Honestly, I'd take a very good midfielder on loan to help us push on for champions league, so we can spend next summer.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This game really highlighted just how much you're missing a proper creator in midfield. Dominating possession but creating very little against a terrible side.

Win is a win though, as long as you're winning while not playing as well as you want to play, it's hard to really complain. It does feel like a bunch of frustrating draws and ****ty 0-1 defeats are on the cards for you lot this season though if no one is brought in.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Ugly day. Ugly victory. Could easily see recent Arsenal vintages snatching a draw or a loss from that game. Gabriel looks good. Ceballos was good. Saka was Saka. El Neny was, err, functional.

Can definitely see more collective defensive responsibility under Arteta. Huuuge amount of work still to do obviously.

OSBK

Established Member
A few things

Really annoying how the pundits are rubbing one out over brewster like he is messi. I swear souness was touching himself when he was blowing smoke.

Pepe needs to play end of. Willian is not the answer, pepe is streets ahead of him.

Eddie aint this level yet. Needs a loan out.

Great win, tough team to play and a good start to this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom