• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | 10/2/04

gooner

Against Wolves yesterday, wolves workes very hard in the first half and they gave us a lot of scares in the first half. Our first goal typifies Arsenal at their best. Edu played a beautiful pass to Cole, and Cole squared it to Bergkamp and he finished with a great technique from the outside foot. Not many players in the premiership would be able to score a goal like that. We let in a cheap goal after that when we were really being pressured. In the second half Henry scored a good goal with a well-timed ONSIDE run. Toure scored a goal, which will probably be his most easiest goal ever, after Vieira done very well to keep the ball in play.

On the man utd match I thought man utd were excellent in the first half and they were playing total football at its best. In the second half I don’t know what happened as they surrendered their 3 goal lead, and again they grinded out the result by breaking the hearts of many Everton fans by scoring right at the end to edge past Everton.

Anyway, this Tuesday we take on Southampton who will definitely want revenge as they have not beaten us in the last three games. We beat them 6 – 1 last season when Pennant and Pires both scored hat – tricks even though it was a kind of exhibition match as we had already lost the title and they played their second team. I still remember Robert Pires’s beautiful lob. Then we beat them in the FA Cup Final. We also beat them 1 – 0 this season at their ground.

Southampton are a very impressive team and there teamwork is basically like the attitude of their manager, who has never die spirit. What I like about Southampton is their teamwork. They work very, very hard and their work rate is phenomenal. Against Manchester united last week when they just about lost 3 – 2 they gave everything and with a bit of luck they would have taken all three points from Old Trafford.

Yesterday Southampton were unlucky not to beat Fulham at home and they had some good chances and on another they would have won by a convincing score line. The scariest thing is that Phillips is looking very dangerous like he was a couple of season back. He has a great shot, but the only thing about him is that he is not consistent and he will only play when he is up for it.

Below is a list of who I think are Southampton’s key men:

Phillips + Ormerod – Key Men 1
Niemi – Key Man 2
Beattie + Phillips – Key Men 3
Lundekvan + Svennson – Key Men 4
Fernandes + Prutton – Key Men 5

I know this will be a tough match and we will have to be our best and this is why iw ould play the elven players shown below:

Lehmann

Lauren Campbell Toure Cole

Parlour Vieira Edu Pires

Bergkamp Henry

I would just like to give a special word to Edu because he brings a new attacking style from central midfield when he plays and he calms the game down when he needs to. He has a beautiful left foot and honours the Arsenal badge and never complains. He has playing very well this season and he is one of them players that have not been given enough credit as he deserves.

This match will be very tough and I know they will try and frustrate us for as long as they possibly can but it will be a question of how much Arsenal want all three points and I want to wish the gunners the best of luck.

Gunner4life09

whoah what a long article, but a good read. anyway i think it will be a tight came, could see us winning either 1-0 or 2-1.

zerofeel

a tight game but Southampton lately has looked rather jaded coming into the second half of the season therefore its Arsenal to win by a two goal margin... ;D

Soler

Established Member
I predicted 3-1 in the DVD contest, so I'm going with that again. It's not on here unfortunately.

pamilih

Re: Arsenal V Southampton

gooner said:
On the man utd match I thought man utd were excellent in the first half and they were playing total football at its best. In the second half I don’t know what happened as they surrendered their 3 goal lead, and again they grinded out the result by breaking the hearts of many Everton fans by scoring right at the end to edge past Everton.

Have just witnessed Tim Howard blindspot? The goals were all headers from dead balls!!!

If this is true, then AW needs to focus on players with header skills when playing ManUre.

Ridge

Laxness said:
Arsenal 2-1...loss. We will finally lose. I've got a feeling about this one.
ha, interesting!

we'll still win this.

2-0

henry for his 100 EPL goals

mood

Would be cool if his 100th came against Chelsea :twisted: .. I don't know why but I have a really bad feeling about this game for some reason :( not saying that we're going to lose but probably a draw, which we can't afford :x !! Well I had a veeery bad feeling we would lose the Away game so I hope we win this as comfortably as the 1st one :D.

PIRES to become Southampton's best friend once again!!

The Mini

I have a sneaky feeling that we'll need a better balanced midfield than against Wolves, with Pires going to RM and Reyes at LM, or visa versa

Senght

very very tight.

2-1 win we will score at 80-90 mins :)

Southampton gave Man u a hell of a time and Niemi and Phillips was superb. I didn't see why they won't give us a real fight this time.

Henry for his century.

Mark

Established Member
it's always difficult to beat a goalkeeper like niemi. he's one of the best in the premiership and michael svenson is an underrated defender too. hopefully the pitch will be in a better state and we can play with a bit more ease. i think we'll win 3-1. henry with one and pires with two.

A

Anonymous

Expect Reyes to start with Henry in this one. Dennis went straight down the tunnel when he was subbed so is probably injured.

Parlour will also start, probably in place of Edu with Gilberto moving into the middle.

If we keep it tight at the back, we should create enough to win this game.

Mark

Established Member
yeah i think reyes should start since two games in such a short time is too much for bergkamp. he should be rested for our games against chelski and also for the CL, or perhaps reyes would be a better option in the CL?

AFCG7

Established Member
Phillips will be up for this one..somebody better tell Jens to keep clam because he will be goaded for sure.
They always give us a rough time in the league.
We should win this one though at Highbury

goonerlove

I agree that this is a dangerous contest right now... short rest, playing against a team with some recently found attacking power and a traditionally decent defense (although exploited by ManUre)... its the game before we play Chelski twice in a row...

It has all the signs of a very troubling affair.... If Bergie is out, then we are going to be short of attacking options with Freddy still out as well. I would guess we would have Reyes and Henry up top. Midfield will be tricky without Freddy again... Lauren still makes me crazy as much as I try to like him, I am unsettled when the attack comes down his side...

I am guessing a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 victory, but much will rely on how quickly Reyes can start to find chemistry with his teammates (if Bergie is out). Given that this is at home, I think we will draw some energy from the home supporters and pull this out (maybe even 1-0), but I would not be surprised at all at a 1-1 result, making the Chelski match just that much more important.

Goonerlove

Latest posts+

Top Bottom