• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | 10/2/04

mood

Over-all performance hasn't been to good though, good thing we are able to win games with bad performances. We need to improve a bit to get the results we need against Chelsea, Celta and etc.

Andrew

patrick42uk said:
Allyboy said:
"GILBERTO YOU f****g USELESS CU....oh wait that was Henry.... what an effort son!"

that statement typifies a surprising amount of arsenal fans. what a shame

It is funny but it's sad to see. Gilberto gets so much unwarrented stick. And in case anyone wondered why Edu didn't play, well it largely had to do with the fact that he played a part in every one of the last 3 games so he would have been pretty tired. I for one think Gilberto is vital for when we play against teams like Chelski and Manure. Even though I'm leaning more to Edu, Gilberto will be there to stop the runs of Scholes and Lampard, who are huge scoring threats. I wonder whether Gilberto will still be useless then? Gilberto doesn't do the obvious which is why average joes just think he's a crap player who never does anything. And also, he has scored 4 goals this season and people think that he doesn't score?

Also, I think by us winning it will make sure Manure (and maybe Chelski) will be fully switched on tomorrow to avoid falling further behind. I can see they're both going to thrash whoever they're playing. But could you imagine if we lose the league again, the media and that will again be saying how we let a "5 point lead slip" when it's only really a 2 point lead.

One last thing... One rule with therock (who is the same person as Dan_the_man, Henry_14), is just to ignore his posts. He posts crap and all he wants is for us to get upset with it, and he never responds to our posts so why should we respond to his? Just see through his posts because it's the same thing everytime.

DB10

hahaha therock must be what 12 yrs old????

comeon if reyes doesn't score a hatrick in every game he's deemed to be a failure.

give him time my friend and soon you will smell what reyes is cookin!!!

Gunnsie

I'm not going to be jumping on any bandwagon here, so les just put it down to paranoia.. but im getting feelings that rayes may <--- (notice the word may) be another veron or wiltord... just not able to adapt to the premiership. The boy has talent, that is for sure, but im starting to wonder if maybe it would have been better to sign defoe. Still, i think we need to give him more time, and see what happens, i definitely want him to proove all his doubters wrong!

thegame24

Established Member
Im starting to get the feeling that Reyes will come on against a big club like Chelsea or UTD and do the business over them.

Allyboy

Established Member
Remember Anelka? Looked completely lost from April - November 1997, then he played against Man U and scored a scorcher! He went on to be a great performer for the club.

Hopefully you are right game24 and Reyes will follow suit and it will be the start of a great Arsenal career!

thegame24

Established Member
Yea i remember Anelka and that scorcher. I couldnt believe how piss poor Anelka was and to see what he became was amazing.

Dont count out Reyes yet people.

thegame24

Established Member
2 headers aswell? so i think i heard.

Dont jinx it though man.

All day i havnt heard anyone mention Man U and rightly so.

All that matters is that we win, however, cant say im not happy :twisted:

Andrew

Gunnsie said:
I'm not going to be jumping on any bandwagon here, so les just put it down to paranoia.. but im getting feelings that rayes may <--- (notice the word may) be another veron or wiltord... just not able to adapt to the premiership. The boy has talent, that is for sure, but im starting to wonder if maybe it would have been better to sign defoe. Still, i think we need to give him more time, and see what happens, i definitely want him to proove all his doubters wrong!

But how old were Veron and Wiltord at the time? And Veron in particular made the change from Italy to England which is a huge change in style. The Spanish league is more similar style to England. But the reason why Reyes won't be a failure is because he has been given time to settle in, whereas Veron and Wiltord were expected to perform straight away.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Reyes is 20. Did you hear that? 20. We might have paid a lot of money for him, that doesn't make coming to live and ply your trade in a foreign country any easier. I lived in Spain for a year and despite knowing the language, it took three months to settle in. Think how difficult it is when you can't speak the language and you have to adjust to a new style of doings things, a unique style!
Give the lad time to settle in, get behind him and watch him go.
Cream always rises to the top and so will Jose.

Taozhe

I am still wondering. Did wiltord actually played badly? He was actually an important player in our Arsenal lineup and scoring important goals as well. what is wrong with Wiltord?

As for Veron, he could had done well if his manager was not Fergie and he doesnt play at Manure or chelsea :) When he came to the WRONG club, things happen... just like Rebrov(world class) came to Sp**s.

If you want to improve, you go to a team with good supporting fans, good manager and good teammates. Arsenal FC ;)
Nuff said.... and I dare challenge any manure fan who opposes this fact;D

godfather

Taozhe said:
I am still wondering. Did wiltord actually played badly? He was actually an important player in our Arsenal lineup and scoring important goals as well. what is wrong with Wiltord?

As for Veron, he could had done well if his manager was not Fergie and he doesnt play at Manure or chelsea :) When he came to the WRONG club, things happen... just like Rebrov(world class) came to Sp**s.

If you want to improve, you go to a team with good supporting fans, good manager and good teammates. Arsenal FC ;)
Nuff said.... and I dare challenge any manure fan who opposes this fact;D

:p :p :p

Top Bottom