• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Just saw the replay of the match and I must say that we were clearly the better side. Our main issue is still the defense making stupid mistakes, but that should improve drastically once Kieran Tierney, Rob Holding and Hector Bellerin are back in full fitness. We are 2 players away (a quality CB like Dayot Upamecano and a CM to replace Granit Xhaka) from having a title challenging squad. Nicolas Pepe still needs time to adapt to the EPl. We must get rid of Mustafi, Mkhi and Xhaka. They add nothing to the team. We need to get Özil back in full fitness and give him playing time.

All in all I think that 3rd place will be ours.

We also need a better and more innovative manager than Emery.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Radio silence from my boy @arsenefc after Douzi’s assist

I still dont rate doozi. We didnt win the game in spite of having 3 super forwards. The midfield didnt work. We never controlled midfield. No one ever knew where Torreira or Doozi will be at any point.

Playing with Pepe - Auba - Laca in front of him against a Sp**s team totally out of shape with a makeshift defence, he got an assist. Great. Well deserved. Thank god he got it so at least we drew the game. Good skill. Nice bit of work, but he doesnt deserve a spot in the midfield. We always cede the midfield when he plays.

teamsoutheast

Not sure why the Sky pundits think Aubameyang can't play wide. He is Intelligent enough to play right across the front line. He will score goals left right or centre because he moves and plays intelligently. Also allows him more space if he gets too isolated.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Honestly, a 5% fit Özil is better than a fully fit and firing Mkhi. The guy is absolutely useless bar a purple patch here and there. He’s been a terrible signing.

We should’ve brought on two of Özil, Willock and Nelson. Mkhi had no right showing his face in this fixture. His opening day performance against Newcastle said it all. Has all the composure of a virgin in a brothel.

Mikhi joined in Jan 2018. Both he and Özil have been extremely disappointing from that point up to now. I wouldn’t say one has been any better on average than the other TBH.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I still dont rate doozi. We didnt win the game in spite of having 3 super forwards. The midfield didnt work. We never controlled midfield. No one ever knew where Torreira or Doozi will be at any point.

Playing with Pepe - Auba - Laca in front of him against a Sp**s team totally out of shape with a makeshift defence, he got an assist. Great. Well deserved. Thank god he got it so at least we drew the game. Good skill. Nice bit of work, but he doesnt deserve a spot in the midfield. We always cede the midfield when he plays.
We cede the midfield because of an immobile Xhaka. Certainly not Guendouzi

OSBK

Established Member
Leno- poor with the first goal, really expected more from him. Some important saves though.
Amn- dreadful first half and better second, still too casual.
Sok- some aspects of his defending are just what we need. The other aspects are mustafi like.
Luiz- as above
Kola- usual, suspect defending and going forward his end product is garbage. The amount of times he gets in he has to do better.
Xhaka- horror show first half, 2nd half up until 80mins he was much better as we pressed forward.
Doozi- thought first half he was way too deep, second half further up the field he was brilliant.
Torrira- looked slow and off the pace, looked sideways and back in forward positions.
Pepe- he saw alot of the ball and danny rose couldnt handle him. Once adapted he will be murdering fullbacks.
Auba- did ok first half and better second, he had sanchez on pace but we hardly saw it. Took his goal well but without laca he hasnt got the physicality to fight good cb's.
Laca- fight, passion, effort was unreal. The guy is a warrior and fought and tracked back to the point of injury. The Sp**s cb's could not handle him, scored a brilliant goal. MOTM easily and lets hope we get him back fit urgent.

Subs-
Mhky- he can go do one. Didnt fancy it.
DC- so so good on the ball but he is slow, late Sp**s counters and he was treading water.

Emery- cant blame him for player stupidity. 2nd half he had the players fired up and we steam rolled Sp**s and were unlucky. He is getting alot of flack about players but he cannot sell them all at once, he backed mustafi last season and now read him his rights and looks like the same for xhaka.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The Liverpool comparisons are false. Laca can't play the Firmino role. Also, Auba is better centrally which means we still need a left sided solution. The Liverpool players are at ease in their positions whereas Auba is less comfortable out wide.Jose says play with two sitting CM's and a number 10 so that Laca doesn't have to drop deep. Great analysis from Jose tbf who says we have a lot of options. Hopefully Emery will be wise to them and use the squad better.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Emery doesnt trust or like Lucas as a dm soMaybe Lucas to an Italian team in Jan and we go for real enforcer

Which is ****ing bullshit. Lucas is at his best as a DM and we have Xhaka ****ing up in every single match. Any manager in the world would either take Xhaka out of the side or switch their positions. At least try it for a couple of matches. Torreira is an all-action DM. Just ****ing play him there.

Torreira, Ceballos, Guendouzi is the best overall midfield we have with Willock/Özil slotting in where/when needed.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Didn't realise it was that many, poor stuff.

Think I'm signing off for two weeks. Can't be assed arguing with furious during the break and don't even have it in me to go back and forth with my boy yeahbee.

Same lol. This draw is legit pissing me off. I can take losing to Liverpool at Anfield, even if it was 6-0 hammering, I can accept that. But we needed to really bounce back with a good performance at home to a Sp**s side not in great form, especially when they play away from home. Really tired of Xhaka, Mhki and Kola. Plus David Luiz has already started to really bug me with his errors. He is Xhaka in defense, long passes are not enough to cover his flaws. Even Sokratis is really annoying, but we have no choice to be stuck with one of them. Hopefully holding comes back in decent form.

Gooner_girl14

Really should have won this as we were all over them in the 2nd half, but considering we came from behind, a draw is a fair result.

Main thoughts from the game:
Our defensive frailties and individual mistakes continue to cost us (nothing new there), thank God we have 2 world class forwards.
Ceballos coming on seemed to change the game in midfield but Mhiki coming on for Laca killed us upfront.
Mhiki is absolutely woeful - had a couple of instances where he was in space only to miscontrol the ball or make a wayward pass.
Pepe was very wasteful and really should have had at least a goal. At times hung onto the ball too much. Love the way he can get out of tight spaces but he needs to start producing more end product.

Overall, thoroughly enjoyed that. We took too long to get going and at 2-nil down I thought it was going to be one of those days but we did well to get ourselves back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom