• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Two games two penalties conceded. You wont win games of football doing that. Great mentality to come back from two down.

With that in mind, and acknowledging how disappointing that result is, its a point gained and one that keeps us above the chasing pack.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Really glad to see Ceballos put in another promising performance, felt like people were already suggesting he had a one off good game just because Liverpool steamrolled us.
People are just too quick to build up and then sh!t on players tbh. It's extraordinary and I don't understand it. Ceballos is a great example of this. Pepe is apparently in danger of being 'Gervinho II' until he scores--then he's the new Henry. Frustration probably has a lot to do with it, but **** me, it make eyes bleed.

Hexagon9

Whilst the old failings in our own third persist, it’s good to see our team mentality has strengthened. In recent years we could’ve crumbled at 2-0 down, yet we seemed to play with a certain belief that we’d get back in the game. In the end we were unfortunate not to have won.

Looking forward to October!

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Very frustrated with Emery's team selection today. My optimism that has been present all week was zapped completely when I seen our XI.

The lack of a high pressing attacking midfielder was a very bad mistake.. especially in a game where we knew they would be vulnerable - particularly in defensive midfield and the right back position.

It's about time we accept that we are the 3rd best team in England and start selecting teams that replicate that instead of pragmatic midfields like the one he chose. Especially at home to Sp**s.

2 points dropped against a weak Sp**s side today.

Malky

Established Member
Still pissed at Emery for 1 - our midfield, no need to play Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi. In hindsight Xhaka should never of been on the pitch.
2 - Mkhi substitution. We were on the front foot at that point, the game was there to be one and he brings on the least exciting and productive 'attacking' player. He may as well brought on Chambers.

BC10359877

The problem with Emery is... He is trying too hard to replicate Liverpool. You can't play a high line like that with such a sh*t defense and keeper. Liverpool have the best defense in world football right now. and they also have the best keeper in the world right now. That gives their midfield the freedom to do whatever they need to do without worrying of being caught on the break. Klopp's style is a joy to watch but suicidal if you do not have the right players with the right mindset.

Wryer

Very disappointed with yet more individual errors.

Xhaka was absolutely shocking in his defending. I'm tired of this comment.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
People are just too quick to build up and then sh!t on players tbh. It's extraordinary and I don't understand it. Ceballos is a great example of this. Pepe is apparently in danger of being 'Gervinho II' until he scores--then he's the new Henry. Frustration probably has a lot to do with it, but **** me, it make eyes bleed.

You would hear much worse mate if you go to the stadium mate, especially home games :lol:

Mohamed7

I have now watched full second half after missing.

In the first half, the first goal is completely the fault of Sokaratis. He didn't need to go for that at all. He should have waited for the second ball just like Son did. Luiz was also poorly positioned. He should have been a lot closer to Son given Sok's ridiculous air ball challenge but instead he got easily turned over.

Xhaka wasn't as bad as people make of him or may be what the fans and Unai expect from him are totally different. From the looks of it, Unai wants him solely for ball distribution and redistribution, which are mainly to switch the flanks. He is very poor defensively as in he cannot tackle, has poor defensive positioning, and doesn't have the pace to cover opposition's counter attacks. Offensively, he's very average at best.

It's very clear our midfield should be like this:

Guendouzi - Ceballos
--------- Torreira - - - - - - -

Guenzy for Willock for rotations. Ceb for Özil. We need to find Torreira's back up.

I cannot wait our first choice FBs to start and Holding alongside Luiz. It was a huge blow to lose Holding and Bellerin last season so early as well.

There's a very good team in our squad but also rubbish players that disrupt the quality of our game. Mustafi, Elneny, Mikhi, and Xhaka must leave immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom