• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely hate the international break as it is, never mind going out on a draw. It just seems so long. Plus, I'm not even keen on watching the international football, and being Scottish only makes that worse :facepalm:

I empathize with you, mate.

Being Saudi, we're not exactly covering ourselves in glory. Anytime we show up on the international stage you know a drubbing of some kind is inevitable

Compared to that, non-participation in major tournaments is a welcome reprieve :lol::lol:

Hartson67

Being Saudi, we're not exactly covering ourselves in glory. Anytime we show up on the international stage you know a drubbing of some kind is inevitable

Compared to that, non-participation in major tournaments is a welcome reprieve :lol::lol:

I agree mate. I've heard some people say it's always better to get invited to the party, but we're realistic enough to know there's really not much point being there :D

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I agree mate. I've heard some people say it's always better to get invited to the party, but we're realistic enough to know there's really not much point being there :D
Like the reaction of the Slavia Prague reps to their CL poule with Barcelona, Inter and Dortmund. :cool:

Hartson67

Like the reaction of the Slavia Prague reps to their CL poule with Barcelona, Inter and Dortmund. :cool:

Something like that mate :D. Not even asking to beat big guns like Germany, Spain, France or anything, but not qualifying for a tournament since France 98 is pretty bad. But like I say, maybe it's for the best :lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I thought Liverpool fans were the most delusional, but the Spuds lot are trying to claim that Harry Kane never dived and it " was 100% contact, a clear pen and a red card" :lol::lol::lol:
They really love to defend that mouth breathing gimp.
They got 1/3 of that right, a red for him.

To be honest, if i was a ref, i'd book Kane just because of his face.

OSBK

Established Member
I havent seen it but i heard they interviewed kane after the match and replayed his dive to him live on air.

Manberg

Predator
I havent seen it but i heard they interviewed kane after the match and replayed his dive to him live on air.

They did. He said something along the lines of “that’s usually given a penalty but today unfortunately it wasn’t”. Not an exact quote so take it with a pinch of salt.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm just so happy that Emery knew Mkhi was going so he gave him a final day on the beach. It's not like he had other options and could play one of the players who would still be here.

When I heard that Mkhi was joining Roma this morning the first thing I thought is why did Emery bother bringing him on yesterday or even include him in the squad. :frustrated:

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
When I heard that Mkhi was joining Roma this morning the first thing I thought is why did Emery bother bringing him on yesterday or even include him in the squad. :frustrated:
I got up this morning to hear his transfer was almost done and I just had to be like, this is nonsense. Then I remembered that Unai is at the wheel and it made perfect sense.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Was kind of weird , even from a practical view point ...what if he got injured ? Raul would have strung him up by the balls.

I weren't even thinking about injuries at the time he came on, I was just thinking the bench also had Willock, Nelson and Özil yet he opted for Mkhi, then on top of that he was leaving anyway?

For impact alone I wouldnt have brought him on over those three, then add in he would be leaving the club the very next day it makes it a strange substitution, I'm going to hope Emery's logic wasn't of a heroic or fairytale nature thinking that he would give Mkhi the romantic chance to win a NL derby and give all the fans a warm send off, **** that!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Either Emery didn't know he was going to be shipped off, or Raul got mad after his disasterclass and decided to boot him after the game.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
A lot has understandably been said about our mistakes, however, I don’t think it’s the mistakes that cost us the game. I think our lack of composure and ruthlessness in the final 3rd did.

We had enough dominance (and time) to win the game.

Liverpool and City make mistakes, too, albeit not as much as us. What they’re both really good at is ruthlessly punishing teams.

We still have a problem of dominating possession but not being effective with it.

A proper left winger would add a lot of balance to our attack.

This is it. It's been years since we've been able to dominate teams and keep possession. One or two passes and our team is completely wide open to counter attacks, it's so amateur.

MikeVinna

Established Member
This is it. It's been years since we've been able to dominate teams and keep possession. One or two passes and our team is completely wide open to counter attacks, it's so amateur.

A proper left winger, who’s good on the ball, means dropping Auba or Laca, though. So I don’t see that happening anytime soon. But maybe we’ll see more of Nelson/Martinelli now that Miki is gone. So we’ll see how that works with 2 natural wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom