• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
A proper left winger, who’s good on the ball, means dropping Auba or Laca, though. So I don’t see that happening anytime soon. But maybe we’ll see more of Nelson/Martinelli now that Miki is gone. So we’ll see how that works with 2 natural wingers.

Lacazette can take a seat tbh, he doesn't offer anything we don't already have.

Gursha

People keep claiming Auba is wasted on the left on the basis that he scored when moved central...
Well I think the problem was we had 3 DM's behind them... and even in spite that he got a lot of balls and put in dangerous crosses.

Until we have Ceballos behind the trios i wont jump to conclusions.
I wanna see Matteo - Xhaka/torreia
Cebbalos
Then youll see the space Ceballos creates and joins the attack can make Auba thrive even from the left
Lacas hold up play is way better than aubas in the center.

put Nelson as a sub instead of Mikhi who wasted a good 4-5 build ups and chances and i honestly think we wouldve won this game...

And he also left the day after... i dont get it why we subbed him.... surely the transfer didnt materialized withing a day. so we knew he'll leave... why not give Nelson a chance to shine? in the NLD, one of our own? it still pisses me off... everyone saw Mikhi was **** since the first game of the season where he started... So yes Nelson didnt have the best of times either but no one would question a decision to put him on the pitch instead of mikhi especially when the next day he leaves...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Even at our peak powers under Wenger or as far back as I can remember the NLD is capable of any result. Right at the end either team could have nicked it TBH, real “jumpers for goalposts” end to end stuff.

As far back as I remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
People keep claiming Auba is wasted on the left on the basis that he scored when moved central...
Well I think the problem was we had 3 DM's behind them... and even in spite that he got a lot of balls and put in dangerous crosses.

Until we have Ceballos behind the trios i wont jump to conclusions.
I wanna see Matteo - Xhaka/torreia
Cebbalos
Then youll see the space Ceballos creates and joins the attack can make Auba thrive even from the left
Lacas hold up play is way better than aubas in the center.

put Nelson as a sub instead of Mikhi who wasted a good 4-5 build ups and chances and i honestly think we wouldve won this game...

And he also left the day after... i dont get it why we subbed him.... surely the transfer didnt materialized withing a day. so we knew he'll leave... why not give Nelson a chance to shine? in the NLD, one of our own? it still pisses me off... everyone saw Mikhi was **** since the first game of the season where he started... So yes Nelson didnt have the best of times either but no one would question a decision to put him on the pitch instead of mikhi especially when the next day he leaves...
I stopped at "Xhaka".

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This is it. It's been years since we've been able to dominate teams and keep possession. One or two passes and our team is completely wide open to counter attacks, it's so amateur.

Shouldn't be happening if we are structured right . This team actually needs a 10 , we have two so .. hopefully we start playing them

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Even at our peak powers under Wenger or as far back as I can remember the NLD is capable of any result. Right at the end either team could have nicked it TBH, real “jumpers for goalposts” end to end stuff.

As far back as I remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Except losing..... we didn't lost to them for 9 years .

Gursha

I stopped at "Xhaka".
While I agree. Xhaka has better distribution and in general a better player than Torreria against lower opposition that sits back... he has better distribution and can make things tick.

His performance drops exponentially when its a good pressing team where he doesnt have time on the ball to establish himself...

And regardless he should never tackle cause he cant do it.

I too prefer Willock to him but lets face it, with Emerys comments he is probably one of the first names on the team sheet when fit...

Ashybashy86

A proper left winger, who’s good on the ball, means dropping Auba or Laca, though. So I don’t see that happening anytime soon. But maybe we’ll see more of Nelson/Martinelli now that Miki is gone. So we’ll see how that works with 2 natural wingers.
I absolutely love Laca, but a true LW and RW (Pepe) flanking Auba, with Ceb or Özil behind would be best imo. Auba will score from anywhere across the front line, but it would be nice to have a team with players in their strongest positions.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I absolutely love Laca, but a true LW and RW (Pepe) flanking Auba, with Ceb or Özil behind would be best imo. Auba will score from anywhere across the front line, but it would be nice to have a team with players in their strongest positions.
Problem is with Auba spearheading it means we need a proper set of players behind and around him who can handle the creating and progressing the ball forwards, otherwise he's just isolated.

Trouble is I don't think Emery is the man for that kind of setup.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I'm guessing you knew I'd eventually see this. Bastard.
I was defending you :lol: Raz had a shocker there, while you've been getting roasted for an innocuous comment about outscoring teams.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
While I agree. Xhaka has better distribution and in general a better player than Torreria against lower opposition that sits back... he has better distribution and can make things tick.

His performance drops exponentially when its a good pressing team where he doesnt have time on the ball to establish himself...

And regardless he should never tackle cause he cant do it.

I too prefer Willock to him but lets face it, with Emerys comments he is probably one of the first names on the team sheet when fit...
When was the last time he helped break down a team that sits back? He's just there passing the ball side to side or back to the defenders.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
serious question - which midfielder would you have dropped for Özil. and does anyone think that would have helped us to win?

Iceman10

Established Member
serious question - which midfielder would you have dropped for Özil. and does anyone think that would have helped us to win?

It didn't have to be Özil in there. It just needed one of Willock, Ceballos, or Özil to link up with the attacking line, not leave Laca isolated having to drop back, and allow Laca to be more of an out and out CF. At least one of Xhaka and Torreira should not have been given the start.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It didn't have to be Özil in there. It just needed one of Willock, Ceballos, or Özil to link up with the attacking line, not leave Laca isolated having to drop back, and allow Laca to be more of an out and out CF. At least one of Xhaka and Torreira should not have been given the start.

I didn't understand why Emery left Willock on bench after 75 minutes when Xhaka was exhausted and very close to a yellow card. But later I read Willock has some minor injury.

Ceballos was surprisingly/quite/very bad against Liverpool, so I understand him coming from the bench. Özil could not start yet for sure, and has no match sharpness at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom