• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 3 - 1 Tottenham | Sunday 26th September | KO: 16:30 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyres7

We have four strikers plus Martinelli, so no, that won't happen.
In the Villareal first leg last season, he started ESR as a false 9 and left Auba, Eddie and Martinelli on the bench. He also played Willian as a false 9 against City and left Laca on the bench and Auba on the LW.

FinnGooner

Established Member
The question is, how on Earth can we score the 3 goals required for the win? Auba and Pepe need to have their shooting boots on. Would also be a great game for Saka and ESR get some end-product to their game.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The question is, how on Earth can we score the 3 goals required for the win? Auba and Pepe need to have their shooting boots on. Would also be a great game for Saka and ESR get some end-product to their game.
We could also try not conceding twice.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

In the Villareal first leg last season, he started ESR as a false 9 and left Auba, Eddie and Martinelli on the bench. He also played Willian as a false 9 against City and left Laca on the bench and Auba on the LW.
Yeah, but Auba was just coming off an injury, Laca was injured, Eddie was pretty bad. Not sure about Martinelli, he doesn't play him there. Also he has seen that ESR isn't good there now.

So no, it won't happen now when we have everyone fit.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

An excellent read from my favourite journalist.

He touches on all the aspects of transition on the pitch currently. Partey in the holding role, two offensive no 8’s, a more defensive minded RB, the Importance of Ramsdale, White and Gabriel’s blossoming partnership.

I love Xhaka but we need to persist with this system. The potential is huge. It’s also comforting to have the likes of him and Sambi waiting in reserve- both can play CM no problem.

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney
Ødegaard Partey Smith Rowe
Pepe Auba Saka

Kane or Son will probably score so it’s important we take our chances when they come. We’ve played some beautiful stuff against Norwich and Burnley but we’ve lacked the cutting edge. I’m hoping ESR’s goal against AFC Wimbledon has give him a taste, likewise with Ødegaard’s beauty against Burnley. We need these lads to pitch in.

Going for a 3-1 win. Auba, Saka and Gabriel with the goals.

COYG!!!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Untitled.jpg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lloris is a bit rubbed
Dunno about Dyer I'm sure both teams have better than him
Know nothing about Emerson
Hojbjerg can feel hard done by I think, but most would probably go with Partey & Ødegaard I guess.

The Athletic would probably have Saka and Tierney out of our lot and call it a day.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

drippin

Dier, lol. I also have the impression Tomi has been better than Emerson thus far, that position is basically impossible to choose currently.

Hojberg has been good, but in that formation there isn't much space.

I think at least Auba should be dropped for Hojberg, as who even plays that formation with two strikers?

bergholt

Don't know if Arteta is any sort of manager.

But I already feel more comfortable with this back 6 than any time since before Mustafi, before Cech, before Bellerin got established.

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu-White-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey

Probably Szczesny-Monreal-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Gibbs-Flamini is the most recent combo that felt about as comfortable - seven years ago.

And these 6 have only played a couple of games together. Fingers firmly crossed that they can stay fit and build on this form.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Yeah, but Auba was just coming off an injury, Laca was injured, Eddie was pretty bad. Not sure about Martinelli, he doesn't play him there. Also he has seen that ESR isn't good there now.

So no, it won't happen now when we have everyone fit.

Eddie was pretty bad? Lol. And what the **** was ESR in a completely unfamiliar role? You cant defend that terrible decision unless you are very braindamaged. Sick of Artetasexuals.

drippin

Eddie was pretty bad? Lol. And what the **** was ESR in a completely unfamiliar role? You cant defend that terrible decision unless you are very braindamaged. Sick of Artetasexuals.
Can you read? Are you seeing things that aren't there? This forum has some weird people.

If you could read, I was commenting that I don't think he will play a false nine anymore, when we have Auba, Laca, Nketiah and Balogun fit. No chance.

Do you understand now? I have not defended that decision and was against it at the time. I wanted him to play Martinelli back then.

Eddie wasn't good last season, he has been now.

Fabregasm

So after a 1-0 x 2 victory against bottom 2 side and a decent wins against league one/championship teams we are a "transformed" team already?

I'm dreading the routine bump, dominate the start, red card, Kane goal, away loss to send us all back to reality. Sorry but I have serious trust issue with this team :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom