• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Watford | Sunday July 26 | KO: 16:00 BST | Sky Sports Premier League

Will Tourbillion watch this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

I hope to see Matt Smith start this one. If he's been on the bench, one must assume he's good enough to play. I've heard good things about him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Big Wengz last game against Watford...

...mental that a penalty save against Troy ****ing Deeney, was Cech's personal highlight of his 4 years at the club...he was a literal and figurative helmet at Arsenal :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Plenty of pace and power but no guile with those two
They don't need a ton of guile. The guile is on the wings and Saka could play ahead of them. All they need to do is win the ball back, make the basic passes consistently and use their physical tools to drive at opponents as we transition from defense to attack. Arteta wants our players committing a man to them before passing, no better way to do that than to have big, strong central midfielders who can put players on the back foot and break their defensive shape. You can prepare tactically for a lot of things. There is no tactic that truly nullifies pace and power, especially in midfield. About time we brought it back.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shame Danny won't get a warm reception on Sunday, due to no crowds...always felt sorry how he was kinda pushed to the side when he, Ramsey and Cech were all leaving...he did more for this club than Cech ever did.

arsenal-unveil-new-signing-danny-welbeck-at-london-colney-on-2-2014-picture-id454505946

vXpkEUz.jpg

danny-welbeck-arsenal_3274739.jpg

187080.jpg

welbeck-m.jpg

danny-welbeck-arsenal-fa-cup.jpg

...memories.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I want my proper Arsenal back. That means centrally-focused, technical possession play. First and foremost.
I guess it depends on what you view as proper Arsenal. The midgets we had post 2006 played the way you're describing and won absolutely nothing, routinely getting bullied by top teams and every team that decided to be physical. Now to me, proper Arsenal was the early Wenger years when we were always a title challenger, went Invincible and did so with tall, strong, technically gifted players who defended well and then hit on the counter.

A lot of our play during that period went down the left side of the pitch rather than always playing through the middle. Possession means nothing if you don't take your chances and far too often, when we were keeping the ball for 70% of a match it ended in a draw or loss because we were dilly dallying in midfield and letting teams get 11 behind the ball. Lack of width in the latter years under Wenger was a huge impediment as teams knew they could just pack the middle of the pitch and make our possession empty. You have to have both width and athleticism in the PL. You can't rely on a team full of midgets unless you've got City's budget. A Vieira is always going to get your farther in England than a Fabregas if the other variables are pretty even.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I guess it depends on what you view as proper Arsenal. The midgets we had post 2006 played the way you're describing and won absolutely nothing, routinely getting bullied by top teams and every team that decided to be physical. Now to me, proper Arsenal was the early Wenger years when we were always a title challenger, went Invincible and did so with tall, strong, technically gifted players who defended well and then hit on the counter.

A lot of our play during that period went down the left side of the pitch rather than always playing through the middle. Possession means nothing if you don't take your chances and far too often, when we were keeping the ball for 70% of a match it ended in a draw or loss because we were dilly dallying in midfield and letting teams get 11 behind the ball. Lack of width in the latter years under Wenger was a huge impediment as teams knew they could just pack the middle of the pitch and make our possession empty. You have to have both width and athleticism in the PL. You can't rely on a team full of midgets unless you've got City's budget. A Vieira is always going to get your farther in England than a Fabregas if the other variables are pretty even.
We need a mix.

The power, pace, flair and aggression of our league-winning teams combined with the more possession-dominant teams of 2006-2011.

You need supreme tactical understanding and flexibility to be successful now.

Also, where the **** do we find another PV4, Thierry and Sol these days?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Imagine we had won against Villa would have made tomorrow's game a bit meaningful. Will be watching Leicester v United cheering on a Jamie Vardy party and hoping Sp**s finish 7th for added incentive next week.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We'll probably win this but if we turn up like we did at Villa we might not. Either way, a disgrace. For this club to be ending 10th or 8th is simply not good enough, but we have the owner we have so 10th is about right, for now.

Gunners1616

Curious to see what team Mikel is gonna play for this match. Would be nice to see guys like AMN, Sokratis, Torreira and even Özil (1% chance happening).

Really no point playing Aubameyang and Ceballos. I think those 2 should not be risked for the final. At least on the bench but not starting.

Also i hope we stop playing 5 at the back agains ****ty teams.

I would go with:
Martinez
AMN Sokratis Holding Tierney
Torreira Xhaka
Pépé-------Özil-------Saka
Lacazette​

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Got a date tomorrow so won’t be watching this one. Don’t care for the score either, just rest most the team and focus on the FA cup.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Send that jumped up thug Deeney down to the level where he is best suited & grab Doucoure whilst we're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom