<

PL: Arsenal vs Watford | Sunday July 26 | KO: 16:00 BST | Sky Sports Premier League

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Oxeki, Jul 21, 2020.

?

Will Tourbillion watch this game?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

10.4%
  3. Who?

72.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

What doesn’t really work like that? Young players learning from a difficult season?
    Or that they wont get better?

Of course they’ll be better off as a result, look at Saka. Nelson & Nketiah showing promise also.

I was criticising Nelson not too long ago but he’s looked better and better as he got playing time, genuinely excited to see how the Hale end boys get on next season.

2. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Oh right, got confused with Olympiakos this year I think. So lets say that we need luck to win the Europa League. I'd still want that chance because the way Chelsea and Utd are strengthening I dont see any chance of the top four through the league.

3. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

I only feel sorry for bournemouth.

Hopefully we can pick off Sarr and Doucoure from Watford. Aarons from Norwich and Ake from Bournemouth.

4. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

And then get relegated next year.

I don't mind taking a punt on one player from relegation teams but four ffs.

5. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

If your biggest opportunity is needing luck to win something it means your not good enough. Luck in 1 match ok. But to need so much luck in avoiding decent teams etc etc waste of time.

We arent getting CL football until we invest in the areas of weakness and sign some players ready to play now. Not in 3 or 4 years.

Gooner1988TK and samshere like this.
  6. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Thank f*CK this nightmare season is over. Time to prepare for a disappointing final and transfer summer.

Godwin1 likes this.
  7. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Aarons can be a good back up RB i think he can surpass Bellerin.

Ake for me is better than Mustafi/Socratis/Holding/ Chambers so that isn't difficult.

Sarr has killed us everytime he plays against us. When he was in france he tormented us and this season he did the same at watford. I would definitely buy.

Ducoure- Fine hes not great but we dont have a ball winner in midfield with his stature. That is why i suggested him. If we can get partey sure. But we need a proper old school midfield enforcer who can pass very well. We basically need another Petit/Gilberto/Vieira.

8. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

You’re trying to fill the club with relegation fodder.

Godwin1 likes this.
  9. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

No i am not just being pragmatic. The club has stressed that we don't have much money, so we need to look at cheap deals. If the club is going to hang Özil out to dry because he hasn't taken a 12% pay cut then they must really be scraping the savings. 0__0

People need to accept the reality we are a midtable club now and we need to be smart in the market. Buy Sarr and Ake. the others maybe not but it would be foolish to pass up on those opportunities.

If newcastle got relegated i would be on here begging the club to sign saint maximin. I don't care who it is, i appreciate good talent and good talent can come from relegation teams. Unless you think only the top half teams have good players.

10. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

The only Hale end lad that has ‘that special something’ is Saka. Willock, Nelson, Nketiah are bang average talents and will end up in the low end of the top leagues at the very best. I truly don’t see why some of you rate those kids so highly. Maybe its because our entire squad is so dire that anything good they do makes them seem like they could be world class or something.

If we end up going into next season relying on Willock, Nelson and Nketiah to turn the Arsenal ship around we’re in for another terrible season.

Gooner1988TK and Godwin1 like this.
  11. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Im not sold on Willock by any means hence the fact I didn’t even mention him.
    Personally think Nketiah has looked decent since coming back from his loan. Nelson has been rated by many for some time now due to showing so much promise early. He stagnated a bit but is showing he can be productive.

Whilst I agree some here overhype them, they can grow into at worst decent squad options.

never said they were the finished article though, just noting this season despite it being poor for Arsenal they will have gained valuable experience from which they and in turn we will benefit from in the seasons ahead.

12. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

It pretty much already is tbf :lol:

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  13. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

aww....so till when will be keep getting our arsenal back? or is this back enough?

14. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

From my point of view those players are worthless, real stale meat list of players there. I'm not against buying players from relegated clubs just don't think they are positive signings for us.

roz likes this.
  15. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

fair enough

16. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Innit, Doucoure is shocking. Pace and power and people think you’re the next Vieira.

Aarons seems to be everyone’s flavour of the month, other than being quick and aggressive I haven’t seem anything to suggest he’s as good as people say.

Wouldn’t mind Saar although hardly our most pressing concerns signing a winger

17. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

I will always remember how disgusted Mike Dean looked after VAR awarded us an obvious penalty.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  18. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

They were desperately trying to find something in the build up to overturn it as well :lol:

NieThePiet, Plutarch and Gooner1988TK like this.
  19. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Can't believe I nearly missed this exchange, somebody should have tagged me...

"Who the **** is riou."

:rofl:

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Sarr was impressive. He’ll go for less than 20m and is already adapted to this league

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.