• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Watford | Sunday July 26 | KO: 16:00 BST | Sky Sports Premier League

Will Tourbillion watch this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
It doesn't really work like that

Think about how Wenger consistently played Ramsey between 2011-2013 even during bad runs of form, that's not happened with these youngsters
What doesn’t really work like that? Young players learning from a difficult season?
Or that they wont get better?

Of course they’ll be better off as a result, look at Saka. Nelson & Nketiah showing promise also.

I was criticising Nelson not too long ago but he’s looked better and better as he got playing time, genuinely excited to see how the Hale end boys get on next season.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
1 missed Auba chance to win it last year???? We were thumped by Chelsea 4 1. Dont know what match you watched.

The year before we played Atletico with 10 men the entire game. And drew. We went to Wanda and created nothing. Not a single thing.

We got beat by Olympiakos this year. To win competitions you have to beat some top teams. We cant say....oh we need luck to avoid any half decent team and then we stand a chance of winning.
Oh right, got confused with Olympiakos this year I think. So lets say that we need luck to win the Europa League. I'd still want that chance because the way Chelsea and Utd are strengthening I dont see any chance of the top four through the league.

Kav

Established Member
I only feel sorry for bournemouth.

Hopefully we can pick off Sarr and Doucoure from Watford. Aarons from Norwich and Ake from Bournemouth.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Oh right, got confused with Olympiakos this year I think. So lets say that we need luck to win the Europa League. I'd still want that chance because the way Chelsea and Utd are strengthening I dont see any chance of the top four through the league.

If your biggest opportunity is needing luck to win something it means your not good enough. Luck in 1 match ok. But to need so much luck in avoiding decent teams etc etc waste of time.

We arent getting CL football until we invest in the areas of weakness and sign some players ready to play now. Not in 3 or 4 years.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Thank f*CK this nightmare season is over. Time to prepare for a disappointing final and transfer summer.

Kav

Established Member
And then get relegated next year.

I don't mind taking a punt on one player from relegation teams but four ffs.
Aarons can be a good back up RB i think he can surpass Bellerin.

Ake for me is better than Mustafi/Socratis/Holding/ Chambers so that isn't difficult.

Sarr has killed us everytime he plays against us. When he was in france he tormented us and this season he did the same at watford. I would definitely buy.

Ducoure- Fine hes not great but we dont have a ball winner in midfield with his stature. That is why i suggested him. If we can get partey sure. But we need a proper old school midfield enforcer who can pass very well. We basically need another Petit/Gilberto/Vieira.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Aarons can be a good back up RB i think he can surpass Bellerin.

Ake for me is better than Mustafi/Socratis/Holding/ Chambers so that isn't difficult.

Sarr has killed us everytime he plays against us. When he was in france he tormented us and this season he did the same at watford. I would definitely buy.

Ducoure- Fine hes not great but we dont have a ball winner in midfield with his stature. That is why i suggested him. If we can get partey sure. But we need a proper old school midfield enforcer who can pass very well. We basically need another Petit/Gilberto/Vieira.

You’re trying to fill the club with relegation fodder.

Kav

Established Member
No i am not just being pragmatic. The club has stressed that we don't have much money, so we need to look at cheap deals. If the club is going to hang Özil out to dry because he hasn't taken a 12% pay cut then they must really be scraping the savings. 0__0

People need to accept the reality we are a midtable club now and we need to be smart in the market. Buy Sarr and Ake. the others maybe not but it would be foolish to pass up on those opportunities.

If newcastle got relegated i would be on here begging the club to sign saint maximin. I don't care who it is, i appreciate good talent and good talent can come from relegation teams. Unless you think only the top half teams have good players.

MikeVinna

Established Member
What doesn’t really work like that? Young players learning from a difficult season?
Or that they wont get better?

Of course they’ll be better off as a result, look at Saka. Nelson & Nketiah showing promise also.

I was criticising Nelson not too long ago but he’s looked better and better as he got playing time, genuinely excited to see how the Hale end boys get on next season.

The only Hale end lad that has ‘that special something’ is Saka. Willock, Nelson, Nketiah are bang average talents and will end up in the low end of the top leagues at the very best. I truly don’t see why some of you rate those kids so highly. Maybe its because our entire squad is so dire that anything good they do makes them seem like they could be world class or something.

If we end up going into next season relying on Willock, Nelson and Nketiah to turn the Arsenal ship around we’re in for another terrible season.

roz

Fake News Merchant
The only Hale end lad that has ‘that special something’ is Saka. Willock, Nelson, Nketiah are bang average talents and will end up in the low end of the top leagues at the very best. I truly don’t see why some of you rate those kids so highly. Maybe its because our entire squad is so dire that anything good they do makes them seem like they could be world class or something.

If we end up going into next season relying on Willock, Nelson and Nketiah to turn the Arsenal ship around we’re in for another terrible season.
Im not sold on Willock by any means hence the fact I didn’t even mention him.
Personally think Nketiah has looked decent since coming back from his loan. Nelson has been rated by many for some time now due to showing so much promise early. He stagnated a bit but is showing he can be productive.

Whilst I agree some here overhype them, they can grow into at worst decent squad options.

never said they were the finished article though, just noting this season despite it being poor for Arsenal they will have gained valuable experience from which they and in turn we will benefit from in the seasons ahead.

Godwin1

Very well-known
No i am not just being pragmatic. The club has stressed that we don't have much money, so we need to look at cheap deals. If the club is going to hang Özil out to dry because he hasn't taken a 12% pay cut then they must really be scraping the savings. 0__0

People need to accept the reality we are a midtable club now and we need to be smart in the market. Buy Sarr and Ake. the others maybe not but it would be foolish to pass up on those opportunities.

If newcastle got relegated i would be on here begging the club to sign saint maximin. I don't care who it is, i appreciate good talent and good talent can come from relegation teams. Unless you think only the top half teams have good players.
From my point of view those players are worthless, real stale meat list of players there. I'm not against buying players from relegated clubs just don't think they are positive signings for us.

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
You’re trying to fill the club with relegation fodder.
Innit, Doucoure is shocking. Pace and power and people think you’re the next Vieira.

Aarons seems to be everyone’s flavour of the month, other than being quick and aggressive I haven’t seem anything to suggest he’s as good as people say.

Wouldn’t mind Saar although hardly our most pressing concerns signing a winger

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Reactions: A_G

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sarr was impressive. He’ll go for less than 20m and is already adapted to this league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom