• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs West Ham | 05/04/2017| 19:45 BST

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So Alexis is no longer a centre forward....
Elneny will be dropped for Ramsey...
We beat West Ham so we don't need any new additions...

Is it just me or does our method of keep ball by passing the ball repeatedly between two players make other people cringe. Show me you can keep the ball against a team that can actually press and punish you and maybe I'll acknowledge it. However to me it's just an indication of how mentally weak the team is.

Fallout

cant read too much into this one. we always look great when the other team sits off. xhaka especially was incredible, being able to turn and spray long passes. if he has the space he will be very dangerous. if not, then he struggles.

that being said, ive always rated elneny so i hope he gets a chance vs palace. and i hope we get pressed harder so we can actually determine if elneny makes a difference to our ball retention or not.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
cant read too much into this one. we always look great when the other team sits off.

Wrong.

Have you seen some of our displays when teams park the bus? Especially at home. WBA and Boro parked the bus against us and we barely had an answer for it. Against WBA a late Giroud header saved us, ironically from a rather direct attack.

Preacher

Always Crying
According to the Met Police, 12000 people who'd paid a great deal of money for their seats, did not attend the Arsenal v West Ham match.

Significant number.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
cant read too much into this one. we always look great when the other team sits off. xhaka especially was incredible, being able to turn and spray long passes. if he has the space he will be very dangerous. if not, then he struggles.

that being said, ive always rated elneny so i hope he gets a chance vs palace. and i hope we get pressed harder so we can actually determine if elneny makes a difference to our ball retention or not.

Of course he makes a difference. We already know he makes a difference. He should be starting every game.

pikey2000

Agree with most of the posters here, its been clear to me for a while especially with Özil that he performs in games like these, its not his fault either, given time and space he is sublime and can impact on a game, in tight games against top opposition where he doesnt have time he is non existent, it wouldnt be an issue if we were prepared to use him sparingly, however you don't break your transfer record for someone you will only use sparingly.

Xhaka is a little different for me, he could be very effective but he has to be paired with two mobile midfielders who can shield him and give him time to dictate from deep.

Nice to get the W though, top 4 looks a possibility now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom