• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | August 25th | KO: 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I know it's very early to make this thread, but I think as fans we really need to not dwell on the last two games and look ahead to what should be a very good run of fixtures that are winnable.

This should be a routine victory, West Ham look pretty dire this season and gave up a 1-0 lead to Bournemouth.

Lacazette​
Aubameyang Özil Iwobi
Guendouzi Torreira​
Monreal Sokratis Mustafi Lichenstiener
Cech​

I'd like to see us line up like that, still strong defensively with Lucas in and Guendouzi looks decent in defending too. Both Auba and Iwobi will help our full backs. We should have plenty of possession so I'd start Özil too, Lacazette and Auba give the defenders more than one thing to think about.

I do think thats a strong team but I don't think Emery will play it.

Anyway, our season starts here on what hopefully will be a good run. COYG.

pikey2000

I know it's very early to make this thread, but I think as fans we really need to not dwell on the last two games and look ahead to what should be a very good run of fixtures that are winnable.

This should be a routine victory, West Ham look pretty dire this season and gave up a 1-0 lead to Bournemouth.

Lacazette​
Aubameyang Özil Iwobi
Guendouzi Torreira​
Cech​

I'd like to see us line up like that, still strong defensively with Lucas in and Guendouzi looks decent in defending too. Both Auba and Iwobi will help our full backs. We should have plenty of possession so I'd start Özil too, Lacazette and Auba give the defenders more than one thing to think about.

Good shout, having read through people's thoughts on Mhki i'd probably drop Özil for a game and give Mhki the No10 to see how he gets on, though as we may well have more possesion and space in this game there is chance its tailored made for Özil

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I want this line up
Cech
Lich Sokratis Mustafi Monreal
Torreira
Xhaka Ramsey
Özil Laca Auba

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
My lineup:

Laca
Iwobi - Özil - Mikhi
Torreira (Douzy) - Xhaka
Monreal - Sokratis - Mustafi - Lichsteiner
Cech​

Looking forward to Wilshere scoring and celebrating with his "suck a thumb" run.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi has been our best player in the first two games, you don’t drop him. I’d have dropped Mkhitaryan but he redeemed himself a bit so I’d play him at 10 and drop Özil instead. Auba and Iwobi on the wings with Lacazette up front. Torreira replaces Xhaka.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think this is the line-up we will see.

Cech has done nothing against Chelsea to lose his spot, so he probably won’t. Bellerin wasn’t the best but Emery will have seen enough to work with, certainly in attack, so he stays in. Guendouzi played 90 minutes again and is an asset to the team. Ramsey might play instead of Torreira, not because I want him to, but because its a home game and we need to win convincingly. Özil, Laca and Auba all have something to make up to us, and the ability too, so I expect Emery to play all of them.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Lacazette
Aubameyang Özil Mkhi
Guendouzi Torreira
Cech​

Need our best players to start playing together.
Prediction: 5-1, Laca x2, mesut, Auba, sokratis and Arnautovic

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Emery needs to find his XI and stick with it, need some stability and lots of changes every game is not good..

I agree. It’s alright changing a player here and there in the front 3 but I feel like midfield is one area of the pitch where you need a settled pairing, just like at CB. My worst fear at the moment is he keeps swapping in and out the four of them (Torreira/Ramsey/Guendouzi/Xhaka) every week.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There’s no way Guendouzi gets dropped, sort of crap that Wenger use to do to Chamberlain. Iwobi should also retain his spot over Mikhi.

Torreira didn’t look ready either so Xhaka will likeky retain his spot.

Would also like to see Lacazette finally start.

m-due

I want Wilshere to do well with the Hammers but the game came too soon and we want nothing but the demolition of West Ham. If Emery continues with his instincts judging from the last two games, we will do well. I hope he doesn’t panic and overhaul everything going into our third game. He is calm enough to suggest otherwise. It’s time for Torreira to get aclimmated to the PL from the beginning. We are with you Emery. Don’t listen to AFTV and Troopz TV lol.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Lacazette​
Aubameyang Özil Iwobi
Guendouzi Torreira​
Cech​

Would like it more than once, if I could. 100% my line-up

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

West Ham are low and not showing very much so I think this is a fair game to judge where we are.

Our season starts now.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
West ham looks pretty ****, should be a comfortable win.. Aurnatovic might cause our defence a few issues.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We have this and then away at Cardiff and Newcastle. 7 points minimum if we are to have a semi-decent season.

Anything below 4 and we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom