• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | August 25th | KO: 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Aside from the 3 points I really want Auba to bag a couple goals here. If we don’t get him going we’ll have a serious goalscoring problem this season.

I’m expecting the same team but I’d really like to see Torreira start already. Hope Ramsey warms the bench again and stays there until he signs.

Cech​

Bellerin Mustafi Sokratis Monreal

Guendouzi Torreira

Mkhitaryan Özil Iwobi

Aubameyang

Bench: Leno, Holding, Lichtsteiner, Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey, Lacazette

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I have a feeling we are going to bang in 7 goals against someone soon. You can see we look much more dangerous with a more balanced midfield, but we are lacking bottle to punish mistakes. This is a confidence team, and once Auba/Laca get a couple each, the verdict on Emery's style will shift dramatically.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
depends how West ham set up. if they come at us, we'll create bucket loads like we did against Chelsea.

However I do like our aggression and direct playing style. Let's go hard early, overloads down the flanks. Get a couple of goals and then play possession football.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Suprsingly, we didny get smashed vs 2 big teams...usually we would be wooped. I think the 2nil and 3-2 loses is a respectable scoreline.

Win the next 8 and we are back in business. Need to play the part of flat track bullies and build confidence.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I have a feeling we are going to bang in 7 goals against someone soon. You can see we look much more dangerous with a more balanced midfield, but we are lacking bottle to punish mistakes. This is a confidence team, and once Auba/Laca get a couple each, the verdict on Emery's style will shift dramatically.

I really hope so mate .

m-due

I’m not sure if anyone discussed this but it was a treat watching Neville and Carragher go at it on Sky’s MNF on whether Unai or Arsenal players should adapt to the new reality after two games. The high defensive line, playing from the back with a ball playing GK.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I'd like a 433 with Guendouzi(or Xhaka) - Torreira - Ramsey mid generally but against teams other than top 6 and at home, we should play 4231. Was surprised we went for a 4231 at SB itself. So hoping for the same here. Iwobi played well but we really need to kick on and make our strikers score. So probably have to drop him. Would like to see Lich have a look in. And like many people have said in various threads, would like to see Mkhi at 10. But shouldn't drop Özil. Maybe Özil at RW. Yeah, he won't offer much help to defend but even Mkhi doesn't and Lich should do better than Bellerin (like not going with Willian for the first goal). And Mkhi and Özil will keep rotating as well. When we have the ball, the 4231 should change to a 4222.

Cech
Lich-Mustafi-Sokratis-Nacho
Torreira-Guendouzi(or Ramsey, but hard to drop Guendouzi in this form)
Özil-Mkhi-Auba
Laca

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Seeing some comments about dropping Auba. This is definitely not the match to drop him. We should get him and Laca score and break the duck as soon as possible and this game against an unsettled West Ham side at home is the perfect opportunity.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Hoping we can have a +ve GD by the end of this game. Really need a big win to boost morale.

Wryer

West Ham have had a poor start themselves and they have invested quite heavily.

They will be thinking this is the game to rejuvate themselves. And there is a certain Jack Wilshere who is going to want to prove a point.

Not as optimistic here, I'm anticipating a very hard game with alot of niggly fouls. But we do need a result to get the media off Emery's back.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Must win. Not much so because of some league aspirations but because the hounds in the media are already preparing crisis headlines. It might get ugly for him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree, its not like we are not creating chances, we could have scored against City and Chelsea we should have won. Confidence is important for all players, for strikers its vital. I see us scoring at least 3 this weekend, maybe more if both Laca & Auba start.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I agree, its not like we are not creating chances, we could have scored against City and Chelsea we should have won. Confidence is important for all players, for strikers its vital. I see us scoring at least 3 this weekend, maybe more if both Laca & Auba start.
Very doubtful that we will get that good of a scoreline... West Ham are going to be very hard to break down. Especially since we haven't fully integrated a new system.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Very doubtful that we will get that good of a scoreline... West Ham are going to be very hard to break down. Especially since we haven't fully integrated a new system.

As I said, we could have scored vs City and could have scored more vs Chelsea. If we are creating chances against them then we should create more vs West Ham, its just a case of if we take the chances or not.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This will likely be a ****ing slaughter. We're basically in identical positions (new manager, new system etc.) but we have half the player material, if that.

Maybe it could turn into a back and forth game as we do have the players to hurt you on the counter, but in all honesty this has "Emery Rising" written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom