• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | August 25th | KO: 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

There we go, first win.

Wasn’t great and defensively shocking at times, especially down the right, but something to build on at least.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why does anyone give a flying **** about AFTV? Football fans chatting ****e, big shock.

Yes but before you could just move to a different table in the pub, further away from the fan chatting sh*te. Now it's pumped into your facehole.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Auba did way better on the wing

He just isnt strong enough to be lone striker

Laca is much better as a faux targetman

Mkith just doesnt have enough of a wow factor for me

He alibi plays on defense

He runs after the ballcarrier like a noob Fifa player that holds x or whatever Button it is

If you see/know you wont even catch up to stress the guy with the ball, change angles and do something else

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I’m not with the negativity. Nervous first half, but we were much better after the break. That second goal really relaxed us and we began to play like we know we can.
Also, goals aside, we look really neat in some of our passages of play. We're pinging it around and linking well. Things look good. Just need more structure and communication when we're on the ropes.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I agree.... Xhaka + Best possible DM we can put on field + Best possible #10 we can put on field should be our midfield.

Up front you need hold up play ....so use Laca ....mkhi/ Iwobi/Ramsey/Welbeck/Auba on wings

Or Ramsey down in the midfield

Xhaka .Torreira and Guendouzi all have good passing range and with 3 in midfield they will have more time

Ramsey and Guendouzi have the ability to either carry the ball forward or atleast Ramsey can make those runs

Özil will have to work from RW or Iwobi

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The win aside, I found the performance to be somewhat disconcerting.

The City/Chelsea results were expected before the respective kickoffs in both games, this is a match we should be winning handsomely & we were made to work for it than should ever be necessary at home.

No match in the Premier League is easy? Fair enough. However, the work is still there to be done with the team. Felipe Anderson was able to split the defense apart with one pass. We looked ponderous tracking back & breaking forward at times.

As I said several weeks before, Emery has his work cut out for him to build the team to his exact specifications & I sincerely hope the board have the patience & foresight to allow him to go about his business to arrive at the desired results.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Unai should’ve played Ramsey in midfield and Auba left wing from the start imo. No need to play so conservative at the Emirates against these kind of teams. That’s something he should’ve learned from analyzing last season.

Elwood

For someone who's our best paid player and considered one of the best in the PL, he is. Think about what contributions he has for us during a game.
Doesn't assist as often as he was 2-3 seasons ago, usually doesn't score more than 5-8 goals per season, doesn't do a good job defensively and doesn't make our offensive game flow.
He is our best playmaker still, don't know what you're on about. Does the things you mentioned better than any of our players at the 10 spot. And we'd certainly have better/more opportunities with him on the pitch today, IMO.

Ramsey did well today, but I can't say I'm happy with his passing, he was never a master at that department. If he improves that area, I'd be delighted with him in the middle.

Ara

For me, Guendouzi is a starter along with Torreira. Let me think who else started most games for a big club at 19. Weigl.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He is our best playmaker still, don't know what you're on about. Does the things you mentioned better than any of our players at the 10 spot. And we'd certainly have better/more opportunities with him on the pitch today, IMO.

Ramsey did well today, but I can't say I'm happy with his passing, he was never a master at that department. If he improves that area, I'd be delighted with him in the middle.

It's quite simple really, isn't it. A good no. 10 should pass well and create chances. That is exactly what Özil does and always has done, he's the best at it and he should be playing no. 10 for us.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
For me, Guendouzi is a starter along with Torreira. Let me think who else started most games for a big club at 19. Weigl.

The same Weigl who's just had a long spell of bad form? That's the point, it is almost unheard of for a young central midfielder to play well on a consistent basis. Apart from Cesc I really can't think of one off the top of my head.

Guendouzi has a role to play, but I wouldn't be starting him right now.

Ara

The same Weigl who's just had a long spell of bad form? That's the point, it is almost unheard of for a young central midfielder to play well on a consistent basis. Apart from Cesc I really can't think of one off the top of my head.

Guendouzi has a role to play, but I wouldn't be starting him right now.
Weigl did great in his first year under Tuchel.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He is our best playmaker still, don't know what you're on about.
Well, if he's our best, then we clearly need to look for better. We can definitely get someone better for the money we're paying him.
Agreed on him not being the greatest passer, but he shows up more than Özil does. Covers more ground, is a better finisher and better at making runs inside the box.
He won't create as much as Özil, but overall I find him more useful in different areas around the pitch than him, which is what's required for a pressing game.

Bottom line is that Özil just doesn't have the skill set for this type of tactical approach and our team is very shoddy defensively. If we had a tight defense and central midfielders who can adequately shield it, Özil could be given a pass for not tracking back and just focusing on forward play, but in today's football you have to do everything no matter what position you're playing due to the physicality and pace of the game.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Yeah for sure, he's vital in the buildup and does the little things so well to keep us ticking..

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Watched the highlights on motd and we looked okay. I'm sure if we drew or worse lost that wouldn't be the case.

They were rightly critical of Bellerin defensively. Although some of it I feel is still down to the system. We don't have natural wide players so the width is coming from full back. We nearly need to goto a back 3 when they push forward

Mustafi Xhaka Sokratis
Douzi
Bellerin Ramsey Iwobi* Monreal
Mkhitaryan* Auba

*Should really be Torreira and Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom