<

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | Saturday, September 19 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Oxeki, Sep 12, 2020.

?

Match prediction

1. Arsenal win

83 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. Draw

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. West Ham win

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daron christie

daron christie Active Member

Absolutely dying to see Willian in attack midfield role

Pyres7, James Bond and MikeVinna like this.
  2. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

4-0! Auba hat-trick & Willian to score please!

I would say keep the same lineup.

3. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

West ham won 3-0 in the carabao

4. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

badly wanna see
    Auba-Laca/Eddie-Pepe
    Willian
    for this game
    but mostly still going to be 5 at the back I guess

Pyres7 likes this.
  5. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Just looked at their starting 11 for this game and it's better than what they played in the league against Newcastle. Moyes is a freak.

oh to be a goon likes this.
  6. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

God damn it feels good to be a gooner again, just knowing before hand we're going to win these types of games. Haven't felt this way since 08/09-09/10.

Jury and Gooner1988TK like this.
  7. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

? 08-09 was a horrendous season. Especially for beating teams like these. At one point we had four 0-0 games in a row.

8. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

I was confident with these games in every season under Arsène really, barring a few periods here and there.

Even during 2017/2018, we were good with these types of home games, we were battering pretty much every team at The Emirates.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  9. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

I’m sure there are matches I don’t remember but I was definitely not as frustrated as I’ve been in the years in between then and now - not even close. The confidence is returning.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  10. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...Bobby's first league goal after a post-lockdown break Van Dijk-esque error from West Ham, helped secure our first away league win of the 2000/20001 season.

Vanfrothan likes this.
  11. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

It's not a question of whether we win or not. It's a question of how many we can score.

It's going to be a long season for west ham, but they'll stay up.

12. Ind0Gunnerz

Ind0Gunnerz Active Member

I feel nervous everytime we are heavily favoured to win a game.

13. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

I don't (now). Somehow this year actually feels different.

oh to be a goon likes this.
  14. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I reckon West Ham will play a team similar to the one in midweek and be a difficult team to play.

15. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Moyes will pack the bus and hope a point. He knows losing this will make him a Deadman walking. I don't think he'll survive their next six fixtures tbh. They have Arsenal, Liverpool, Man city, Leicester, Sp**s, Wolves.

16. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Wouldn’t say we’re all the way out of the woods yet with regards to ****ting the bed against teams we should be beating (nobody really is!), but it beats wondering what new ways we’d discover to hand a team 3 points, or make a struggling bum striker look like prime Vieri,

17. ksarp

ksarp Well-Known Member

After Neny's play in the Community shield, I couldn't help but notice how our "fluidity" in transition improved in that game. Neny doesn't embellish like Ceballos..who for some reason is hell bent on taking an extra touch or two before moving the ball along. I think the hybrid 6 in Tetta Ball is Neny's to lose.

razörist likes this.
  18. ksarp

ksarp Well-Known Member

We need to keep him. AMN is the equivalent of a "Shutdown Corner" to borrow from American football. He's a phenomenal athlete and has neutralized Mane and Troare among others. Yes, his offensive plays leaves you scratching your head sometimes, but he's perfect in that 3-4-3 offense that Tetta runs.

And now Saka...I have a feeling as to why he's not started. Tetta Ball demands that a player plays on "both sides of the ball" ...again borrowing from American football. If Pierre Aubameyang plays on both sides of the ball, then Saka better learn to do the same fast. There are too many instances where he's lost his defensive assignments in games. Maybe it's because he's young? Or does he just not love playing defense? Time will tell.

19. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I am more confident than before but not confident enough yet. I'm not saying its not likely we are beating West Ham at home but some of our issues from last season can still return and 1 game isnt the right sample size yet. Towards the end of last season we beat Liverpool, City, Chelsea but had poor displays vs Villa Watford Brighton etc.

We need to start being able to put sustained pressure on the opposition for me to be confident going into a game. Thats what we had for most of the Wenger era, it felt like every time we didnt win one of these it was either due to poor defending or the ref ****ing us over. Arteta has made us more solid and we have been attacking well but I would like to see us make more chances in games. Hopefully we got more results like the Fulham one.

OnlyOne likes this.
  20. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

**** it

Leno
    Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney
    Ceballos Xhaka
    Pepe Willian Auba
    Eddie

Bring Laca and Saka on later in the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.