• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | Saturday, September 19 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 83 93.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • West Ham win

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...can see him celebrating his new contract in style today!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Interesting to see who makes the 18 man squad. 31 players in the squad. 6 players injured meaning 7 will stay at home.

Got to have a keeper (Macey)
Got to have one full back on the bench (Kola or Cedric)
We'll have a CB on the bench (Holding or Luiz the other will start)
Two of AMN, Saka, Auba, Laca, Pepe and Willian will be on the bench
Ceballos or Elneny
Nketiah?

This should start to make players who aren't even near the squad think about their futures a lot more. Only going to be more of this as the season progresses.

Elneny absolutely starting then.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Those comments make it sound like we'll see the exact same team vs Fulham, can't imagine you drop Gabriel after a MOTM performance.

Hope those comments are said more as encouragement and nothing else, don't want Arteta to start relying on these guys because they have a limit.

However I do also understand him and it's why I think he's already to me miles better than Ole, he actually seems to develop the guys in his squad rather than leave them out because he doesn't trust them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why Arteta talking about elneny like he is youngster and will be best midfielder soon? Guy is 28 years old and very average.

I'm expecting Ceballos xhaka to start today.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Why Arteta talking about elneny like he is youngster and will be best midfielder soon? Guy is 28 years old and very average.

Let's give Elneny the benefit of doubt, he deserves it, he's doing everything he's asked of atm.

Today the onus will be on us to create the game, so his limitations might show a bit more, but I think he's done enough to play, and if praise and trust like this from the manager doesn't encourage you to do more then football isn't for you, no matter your age.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
we need to stop this 'give a dog a bad name' stuff and judge players on what they can deliver now, rather than dwell on past mistakes

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Let's give Elneny the benefit of doubt, he deserves it, he's doing everything he's asked of atm.

Today the onus will be on us to create the game, so his limitations might show a bit more, but I think he's done enough to play, and if praise and trust like this from the manager doesn't encourage you to do more then football isn't for you, no matter your age.

And he just turned 28, coming into his prime years. :drool:
we need to stop this 'give a dog a bad name' stuff and judge players on what they can deliver now, rather than dwell on past mistakes

Elneny? Mistakes? Almost doesn't fit in the same sentence.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

You want Arteta to say "Well, Elneny is ****, I'm trying to upgrade him"

Elneny has played well. Arteta was just praising him. Notjing wrong with that.

Although most Arsenal fans agree that Elneny is not a starter material. But he's a player that comes in to do a job when called upon. solid 6/10 every game

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You want Arteta to say "Well, Elneny is ****, I'm trying to upgrade him"

Elneny has played well. Arteta was just praising him. Notjing wrong with that.

Although most Arsenal fans agree that Elneny is not a starter material. But he's a player that comes in to do a job when called upon. solid 6/10 every game
I want Arteta to stay quite about those players they are very limited.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So you shouldn't praise a limited player when he plays well? :lol: Only top players should be praised when they play well?
Well, Liverpool's midfielders are limited, but Klopp found a way to get a tune out of them. I'm in no way saying he should be a starter. But he has played well when called upon. Moving forward, I don't think he'll be a starter.

Anyway, you'll get your wish soon. It's just a matter of time before Ceballos takes his spot in the team.

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

:lol:

It's Arteta's choice to praise who he wants. We should trust him enough to know which players he wants to use and how to utilize them. Doing anything else is just imposing your own opinions on the manager.

Criticize the manager's behaviour when it goes wrong. Not when it works.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s not the dog, it’s the owner! Look, if Elneny was a dog, he’d have been a repeat offender up until now and lucky not to have been sent to doggy heaven by the vet! Jokes aside, it’s a bit early to say, but Mikel might have a system in place which makes more use of him. Not ideal, because he’s a very average player, but if the results are positive, he’ll carry on getting minutes.

It wasn’t long ago that Jordan Henderson was very much out of favour with Liverpool fans.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol:

It's Arteta's choice to praise who he wants. We should trust him enough to know which players he wants to use and how to utilize them. Doing anything else is just imposing your own opinions on the manager.

Criticize the manager's behaviour when it goes wrong. Not when it works.
He’s allowed to ‘impose’ his opinions on the manager over the internet though, isn’t he? He doesn’t know where Mikel lives or anything.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Elneny masterclass at the carpet today and then he starts at Anfield the following week?

:drool::drool:

#EgyptianBusquets

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Why persist with Elneny when he's worse than average and we have a sh*t hot Ceballos waiting?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Why persist with Elneny when he's worse than average and we have a sh*t hot Ceballos waiting?

Shop window maybe? Elneny is one of the few non HG players that we could actually sell. I'm sure Arteta knows he's limited but he rarely makes errors. He could fetch us £10m from a mid to lower PL team, and do a good job for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom