• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | Saturday, September 19 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 83 93.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • West Ham win

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hard to see what you change from Fulham really. Perhaps well play 433/4231?

If we were to I'd play

Leno
Bellerin
Holding
Gabriel
Tierney
Xhaka
El-Neny
Auba
Willian
Pepe
Lacazette/Nketiah

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Imagine we will go 343 for this one too. Willian and Laca more than deserve to keep their place in the starting 11 for this game.

Leno
Bellerin
Holding
Gabriel
Tierney
AMN
Xhaka
Ceballos
Willian
Laca
Auba

Think this will be the team, unless Pepe sneaks in. We will by a couple of goals.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Early goal and the floodgates will open. 0-0 by half time and it will be dicey.

Moyes will park the bus.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hopefully get another comfortable 3-0 win, keep the good vibes coming!

Dani in for Mo will probably be the only change.

Xanth

This might seem pedantic but we're only really playing a 3-4-3 out of possession, like how we defended in a 4-4-2 under Wenger. In possession, Gabriel and Holding were clearly the ball-playing centre-halves, Tierney was the more defensive of the wingbacks, and AMN had a free role in the left. It was closer to a 4-2-4 with a left-sided bias.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Imagine we will go 343 for this one too. Willian and Laca more than deserve to keep their place in the starting 11 for this game.

Leno
Bellerin
Holding
Gabriel
Tierney
AMN
Xhaka
Ceballos
Willian
Laca
Auba

Think this will be the team, unless Pepe sneaks in. We will by a couple of goals.
I would probably go with this myself.

Only bit I struggle with is Ceballos or Elneny. The latter hasn't put a foot wrong so I would be in two minds about dropping him, but Ceballos probably the better choice.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

West Ham are horrendous. They got outplayed at home by Steve Bruce's Newcastle yesterday.
I'm sure we'd all like to hope we can get them with ease but we can never say it will be too easy no matter the skill levels between the 2 teams.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know we want to keep him but I don’t see how AMN is a better left wing back option than Saka. Unless he’s nullifying an elite opposition winger. We’ve got a few tweaks to make before we see some consistency in our attacking threat I feel.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I know we want to keep him but I don’t see how AMN is a better left wing back option than Saka. Unless he’s nullifying an elite opposition winger. We’ve got a few tweaks to make before we see some consistency in our attacking threat I feel.
Don't think we'll see Saka there again unless injuries. Mikel has been vocal about him being higher up on the pitch. Hasn't said the same about Ainsley.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Team i'd want to us to go with (same tactics as when we played Fulham) -

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney - Saka
Xhaka - Ceballos
Pepe - Auba - Willian​

Team I think Arteta will pick -

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney - AMN
Xhaka - Elneny
Willian - Laca - Auba​

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Team i'd want to us to go with (same tactics as when we played Fulham) -

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney - Saka
Xhaka - Ceballos
Pepe - Auba - Willian​

Team I think Arteta will pick -

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney - AMN
Xhaka - Elneny
Willian - Laca - Auba​
I have to say something:

please stop putting Xhaka on the wrong side of the midfield 2. It’s super annoying.

thanks

Manberg

Predator
Because he’s a much better centre forward than Lacazette and was scoring goals for fun there too?

When did Auba last play in the middle? Arteta wants either a target man holding the ball up or a pressing forward to capitalise on mistakes in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom