• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | Saturday, September 19 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 83 93.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • West Ham win

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Thought Holding done decently, constantly out to prevent West Ham counterattacks, stopped at least 5-6 I'd say. I would love to see that West Ham goal with a Var line, it looked very very close to me, funny how our goal got 2-3 minutes of Var but West Ham's which was much more marginal to me didn't.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's called the Xhaka feedback loop. He starts for them cos he starts for us, and then we see he's being selected all the time so play him.so it goes on and on ad infinitum

There's not just the Xhaka feeback loop, there's the Xhaka paradox: he's simultaneously not good enough and also undroppable.

Iceman10

Established Member
Hopefully we can build in capability to play with flat back four as well as the current go-to formation as the season progresses and new CB’s bed into the PL. Would be a better formation for matches like this at the Emirates. Happy with the result. Can’t ask for more than maximum points from first two matches of the season.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Missed the game live but caught the replay and almost fell asleep watching as we were so boring but we grinded out the win so I don't care. Onto the next!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Glad to have that game out of the way with if I'm honest, especially with a win...West Ham always seem to play well against us, haven't beaten them overly comfortably since the 2016/2017 season imo...beat them 4-1 in Arsène's last year, even then that was a late flurry after they matched us really.

They are one of those **** teams, that do well against teams they can counter attack really, as do have some very good counter attacking players, our lack of athleticism in midfield really adds to this too...hopefully they go down, as I hate playing them really.

balthazar

The questions we should be asking are why were we so poor on the ball and why did the majority of the team keep misplacing simple passes?

Is it the late kick off? Is the team feeling sleepy etc.

Obviously we severely missed the presence of El Neny in midfield, the master the simple passes, pinging balls left and right.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
awful performance from the defence and attack bar 2 moments of quality from Saka we don't get the points.

Only good performances came from Saka, Ceballos, Xhaka and Holding. Not good enough and we fluked the points.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This matched showed how important Tierney is for Arteta's 3-4-3 formation to work, and it also showed how this formation will struggle with teams that sit back and try to get us on the counterattack.

We lacked creativity in attack, and I think it was mostly due to having just two central midfielders. We didn't have a player operating between the lines trying to create chances.

The couple of times that Saka moved into midfield and played more like a AM he created chances, but that primarily shows the need to play a 4-3-3 and not the strength of the 3-4-3.

Hopefully, Arteta will test out the 4-3-3 in the Carabao Cup.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The same weaknesses as last year continue. Didn't win anything in the air and lacked the ability, physically dominated and unable to breakdown the low block. Leno weaknesses in the air were also shown. West Ham brought out the worse of us. We wouldn't have got close to winning against one of the better defensive sides like Burnley today.

At least I think we have plans to address these some of these issues in the transfer market.

Last edited:

pakgunner

There's not just the Xhaka feeback loop, there's the Xhaka paradox: he's simultaneously not good enough and also undroppable.
That clearly identifies our lack in quality in the middle of the park. When or if we sign one or both Partey and Aoure then we can finally make clear judgement calls on Xhaka but at the moment he's the core.

andeoch1

We'll finish 8th again this season. This team is so poor, Arteta doesn't seem to have the ability to change his system during a match. That was total Emery-football today. It works against the top sides but that's it.

Partey and Aouar might improve our squad but still there's so much lack of quality in this squad. We got dominated by David ****ing Moyes' West Ham at home ffs :facepalm:

it wasn’t a great performance but we didn’t get f*****g dominated WTF?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom