• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | Saturday, September 19 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 83 93.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • West Ham win

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
In the first half, we played slowly and poorly for long periods, although the first two minutes was high tempo with decent ideas and quality. We gave away the ball very cheaply- Xhaka on 2 minutes, Holding on 12 minutes in our box, Bellerin on 18 minutes, Ceballos on 20 minutes into touch and again on 45 minutes, Willian on 21, 26 and 40 minutes and Laca on 37 minutes. Those who did give the ball away saw more of it but we couldn't really string a set of passes together for way too long. Ceballos and Xhaka made some decent runs and passes forward but their lack of speed and agility meant that Laca was still dropping deep and Gabriel pushed forward into midfield at times. Our midfield despite their best efforts can't carry their weight. We need to stop penny pinching and buy now whist we're in a position to compete and not playing catch up. Absolutely no complaints about the result and a shoutout to Michael Oliver for getting the decisions right last night.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We gave away the ball very cheaply- Xhaka on 2 minutes, Holding on 12 minutes in our box, Bellerin on 18 minutes, Ceballos on 20 minutes into touch and again on 45 minutes, Willian on 21, 26 and 40 minutes and Laca on 37 minutes.

giphy.gif

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Too many players are clustered together. Overlaping one another.

Laca-Willian
Kolasinac-Saka

Are prime examples.

Laca and Willian had to come deep for the ball, so don't find that particularly surprising given how much possession we had of the ball and the way West Ham were defending. Similarly our Kola had to attack and support Saka for a good amount of the time.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This matched showed how important Tierney is for Arteta's 3-4-3 formation to work, and it also showed how this formation will struggle with teams that sit back and try to get us on the counterattack.

We lacked creativity in attack, and I think it was mostly due to having just two central midfielders. We didn't have a player operating between the lines trying to create chances.

The couple of times that Saka moved into midfield and played more like a AM he created chances, but that primarily shows the need to play a 4-3-3 and not the strength of the 3-4-3.

Hopefully, Arteta will test out the 4-3-3 in the Carabao Cup.

Agreed, the two times Saka was given any freedom between the lines he provided a pre-assist, but other than that we didn't do it at all.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

One of Partey or Aouar makes us a completely different proposition. Both of them makes us title contenders. No cap.

Aouar makes a bigger difference imo, I don't see a massive uptick from Partey vs either of the current CMs but Aouar would be a creative player in a team sorely lacking creativity.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Ceballos had an incredible game and was really the difference that got us 3 points.
Xhaka and Saka okay too.
The rest were woeful.

It's interesting that people are blaming our CM's for the poor performance when they were clearly some of the best of a bad bunch. Their team mates weren't giving them the movement they needed.
I think it's just people pushing their agenda for the transfers they want.

Agree that it's odd playing this formation against West Ham at home. We've had good results with it so far so I understand sticking with it. But if we can get a quality #10 then I think we should switch to 433 against lesser sides.
Save 343 for the top sides like City and Liverpool only.

Personally think Saka was our best performer but agree with the sentiment, Ceballos and Xhaka controlled what they could - most of the issues came from losing the ball in attacking areas or simply not providing a threat in attack and the defenders/goalie looking shaky.

Kysus

3-4-3 will never ever be a formation which will give you the oppertunity to dominate in the middle of the park if you play against a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Hopefully we move on from 3-4-3 and give us some more stability in the middle in a 4-2-3-1.

We try to invert our fullbacks whenever the wideforwards go wide which could create space/overloads in the centre.
With a great attacking fullback this can work, with limited Hector? Not so much. Basically everything came down our left(as usual)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We try to invert our fullbacks whenever the wideforwards go wide which could create space/overloads in the centre.
With a great attacking fullback this can work, with limited Hector? Not so much. Basically everything came down our left(as usual)

I think we should move back to our 4-2-3-1 maybe with Willian/Özil at no10.

Manberg

Predator
In the first half, we played slowly and poorly for long periods, although the first two minutes was high tempo with decent ideas and quality. We gave away the ball very cheaply- Xhaka on 2 minutes, Holding on 12 minutes in our box, Bellerin on 18 minutes, Ceballos on 20 minutes into touch and again on 45 minutes, Willian on 21, 26 and 40 minutes and Laca on 37 minutes. Those who did give the ball away saw more of it but we couldn't really string a set of passes together for way too long. Ceballos and Xhaka made some decent runs and passes forward but their lack of speed and agility meant that Laca was still dropping deep and Gabriel pushed forward into midfield at times. Our midfield despite their best efforts can't carry their weight. We need to stop penny pinching and buy now whist we're in a position to compete and not playing catch up. Absolutely no complaints about the result and a shoutout to Michael Oliver for getting the decisions right last night.

Who lost the ball that led to West Ham’s counter attack for their goal?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Who lost the ball that led to West Ham’s counter attack for their goal?
I'm sure you know the answer. Willian crossed the ball into the box, Saka let it run and it was intercepted by a West Ham player. My post is about players gifting the ball to the opposition, often under no pressure, when a simple pass to a team mate was more than doable. I will wait for you to twist what I've written and make your usual vigourous Xhaka defence post. I have no agenda. As I said, he misplaced 1 pass. He wouldn't be mentioned if he hadn't.

Manberg

Predator
I'm sure you know the answer. Willian crossed the ball into the box, Saka let it run and it was intercepted by a West Ham player. My post is about players gifting the ball to the opposition, often under no pressure, when a simple pass to a team mate was more than doable. I will wait for you to twist what I've written and make your usual vigourous Xhaka defence post. I have no agenda. As I said, he misplaced 1 pass. He wouldn't be mentioned if he hadn't.

I didn’t, t’was a genuine question, was curious.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Christ! That was terrible.We were completely clueless and out of ideas. We just gave the ball to Xhaka to hoof it upfront or on the wings. Emery would have been proud ot this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom