• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Saturday 6th February | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

What will the result be and who should be benched for Villa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don’t see it Yousif. Our form at the moment is absolutely normal for us under Arteta’s tenure.

We’ve never been on a serious run of wins since Emery’s first days (and even Some of those were matches we probably shouldn’t have won). Arteta has us where we are at present - a mid table club which I don’t see us improving under the current management.
Yeah i get what you saying we in route of back to back midtable finish that's normal when you rebuild and make too many changes off field still we'll need to be better and try to not get into winless runs

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Hard to see us getting more than 24 points (and that might be a tad optimistic) from the remaining 15 games which would put us on 55 points. Over the past 5 seasons that would mean finishing between 7th and 9th.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Hard to see us getting more than 24 points (and that might be a tad optimistic) from the remaining 15 games which would put us on 55 points. Over the past 5 seasons that would mean finishing between 7th and 9th.
It'll be similar finish to last season disappointing but expected by amount of points we dropped already

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
A point or two could make all the difference. I think if we don't get higher than 10th, it will be a serious reverse. It might be that whatever funds may be available in the summer are partly held back until we see how the team performs in the early part of next season.

The only thing that would save the season now, other than an unlikely charge to the top six, would be to win the Europa league. But that's still a long shot.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Apart from finishing chances we were good at anything else sadly finishing chances is more important and we were poor i think we deserved a point at
Least

Yeah, I see lots of people saying we played well, but I just didn’t see it. I feel like Aston Villa outplayed us and had better chances, despite 35% possession. They always looked more dangerous on the attack.

Our players aren’t playing quick or creative at all, it’s so boring to watch and predictable. I see so many opportunities to split defenders with an easy through that apparently goes unnoticed by our midfielders. (wish we’d play like we did in the first 15 minutes against wolves all the time)

Legend14

Established Member
Yeah, I see lots of people saying we played well, but I just didn’t see it. I feel like Aston Villa outplayed us and had better chances, despite 35% possession. They always looked more dangerous on the attack.

Our players aren’t playing quick or creative at all, it’s so boring to watch and predictable. I see so many opportunities to split defenders with an easy through that apparently goes unnoticed by our midfielders. (wish we’d play like we did in the first 15 minutes against wolves all the time)
Villa played great defensively. Arsenal played well in those circumstances. Sometime you have to give credit to what the opponent did.

Villa wasn’t going to let us be creative. They closed down lanes and players quickly. Tough battle today to go with the midweek ref debacle where Arsenal played great with 11, 10, and 9 men.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Arteta has to stop saying that we dominated the game after we lose, we did not dominate at all. We had a few chances in the 2nd half & had most of the possession but they got us on the break quite a few times, if it wasn't for Matty Ryan again we would have lost 4/5-0. The chances we made were more like only half chances & the shots were too weak to give them a scare.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

We've become wolves-esque. Put up plucky performances vs the big boys and might squeeze out a win as under dogs. But then when we have to play against a side more our level we **** the bed.

Arteta has to go. This season has been a disaster, don't delude yourselves.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If Emi hadnt been such a fine servant to us I would really hate him. One of those cocky sob’s like Tim Krul for example.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Outplayed i don't think so at 2nd half we were all over them the chances they got are from counters and that expected Grealish didn't have field day like he did at Emirates Barkley was quite. we still not there yet attacking wise too many wasted opportunities also the habit of just making stupid mistakes are not over.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We've become wolves-esque. Put up plucky performances vs the big boys and might squeeze out a win as under dogs. But then when we have to play against a side more our level we **** the bed.

Arteta has to go. This season has been a disaster, don't delude yourselves.
Not sure that true we beaten Southampton got point from on form utd got robbed against Wolves. Yesterday was first bad result since before Chelsea game if the bad streak of results continues then i agree Arteta has to go but nothing will change we are are midtable with 75% of squad are midtable quality.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Not sure that true we beaten Southampton got point from on form utd got robbed against Wolves. Yesterday was first bad result since before Chelsea game if the bad streak of results continues then i agree Arteta has to go but nothing will change we are are midtable with 75% of squad are midtable quality.

But we also got kicked out the FA cup by them a few days before blah blah. I'm just making a convoluted point that we are now no better than a plucky mid table side.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Villa played great defensively. Arsenal played well in those circumstances. Sometime you have to give credit to what the opponent did.

Villa wasn’t going to let us be creative. They closed down lanes and players quickly. Tough battle today to go with the midweek ref debacle where Arsenal played great with 11, 10, and 9 men.

Yes, also we lack a proper CF. We can't rely on Saka or Pepe to score every game. Think the MOTD analysis highlighted how our overall game was decent, just didn't have a presence in the box.

What this team really needs is like a young Cavani, that type of CF. Good in the air, link-up play, excellent movement, the whole package. Auba and Laca have been here for about 3 years, they looked great at first, but now they're starting to look a bit redundant. We certainly can't go into next season with both of them still in the team.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yes, also we lack a proper CF. We can't rely on Saka or Pepe to score every game. Think the MOTD analysis highlighted how our overall game was decent, just didn't have a presence in the box.

What this team really needs is like a young Cavani, that type of CF. Good in the air, link-up play, excellent movement, the whole package. Auba and Laca have been here for about 3 years, they looked great at first, but now they're starting to look a bit redundant. We certainly can't go into next season with both of them still in the team.

What I'd give to have a striker who scores goals. Let's say we had a striker who could score 60 goals over two seasons. Absolute pipe dream tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom