• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | Tuesday July 21 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Aston Villa win

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Auba looked dead on his feet by the end, I'd have him on the bench here. Would ring the changes and go:

Martinez; Mustafi, Luiz, Tierney; Cedric, Torreira, Ceballos, Kolasinac; Nelson, Nketiah, Saka

This is where Nketiah's suspension and especially Martinelli's injury will start to cause a problem, could really use guys like that in a game like this.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lineup
Martinez
Holding-Luis-Tierney
Cedric-Torreira-Xhaka-Saka
Pepe-Nketiah-Nelson

I think Xhaka will start because this is a must win and Villa are fighting to stay up. If Xhaka needs a rest before the final, I'd prefer resting him against Watford. If Southampton beat Bournemouth tomorrow then Watford will probably stay up and will have nothing to play for.

Laca and Auba are probably exhausted and need a break, but having Pepe up front should make sure we're still a threat going forward. Also, Nelson on the left with Saka providing width could be a good partnership.

If Mustafi is hurt then Holding should start in defense.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Win both games going into the final, we need that momentum.

If we win both and make the EL its a hell of a lot less pressure as well. Come 8th and we are under huge pressure to win the cup to get European football and ultimately do well in the market.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Villa are coming for this and it's an away game after two amazing results in a weeks time.

I don't think the footballing gods are lets us have this one.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Also, aren't we already qualified to the EL by getting to the FA Cup final? Could've sworn I read something about that.

Either way, is there a combination of results that would makes us safe straight for EL if we win against Villa?

Would love to be able to rotate the squad for the final (Aug 1st right?).

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Also, aren't we already qualified to the EL by getting to the FA Cup final? Could've sworn I read something about that.

Either way, is there a combination of results that would makes us safe straight for EL if we win against Villa?

Would love to be able to rotate the squad for the final (Aug 1st right?).

That might be the case, if the runner up gets EL if the winner is already in it (or the CL), but I've not looked into it.

EDIT: Damn looks like it ain't so:

"a) If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League, their UEL group stage place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League."

Source: https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained

Second edit: So it looks like if Sp**s finish 7th, above Arsenal but Arsenal win the FA Cup, Sp**s don't get Europa League :lol:

"Sp**s will be guaranteed seventh place at least if they win their final two games. But they need Wolves to drop points if they do not want to worry about who wins the FA Cup."

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53385467

Last edited:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Worryingly similar to last season where we had chance to finish 4th (was easier than finishing 7th now) or win europa final for cl but bottled both. But I believe in Mikel.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Think we might be a bit flat in this one after the FA cup. Aston Villa are fighting for survival also and probably need a win to have a chance to survive. Tough game; hopefully the defence doesn't have one of those days.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I would try to make minimal changes. I want to give the lads a chance to dominate with possession and enjoy the offensive side of the game. I think theyve earned that after these last two games.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Big win needed here. If Sp**s draw against Leicester, which is quite possible, we’ll have the same point total with them. They play Palace in their last game so not likely we’ll get ahead of them in points so GD might be decisive.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Hope we don't play 3-4-3 against these lot. I can understand the tactic against the two giants Liverpool and City, but we should be more dominant against the likes of Villa. Can't be playing counter attacking football against relegation teams.

We played well out from under pressure yesterday. Let's see us build up against Villa.

4-3-3 please, AMN starting.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Hope we don't play 3-4-3 against these lot. I can understand the tactic against the two giants Liverpool and City, but we should be more dominant against the likes of Villa. Can't be playing counter attacking football against relegation teams.

We played well out from under pressure yesterday. Let's see us build up against Villa.

I’m not keen on 3-4-3 but we beat Norwich 4-0 with it so it’s not only for containing teams. I don’t think there’s any point changing it until the start of next season. The players are in a rhythm playing in that shape so stick with it until the season finishes.

Manberg

Predator

I think we can play 3-4-3 with a more attacking mentality on the ball. Wingbacks higher up the pitch to give width and Xhaka or Ceballos making runs. Wouldn’t change it. It makes us stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom