• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/03/04

Pat's missing Gerbil

arsenal team last year

Taylor
Keown
Cygan
Lauren
van Bronko
Parlour
Edu
Pires
ljunberg
Bergkamp
Henry

Very weak defensively last year with only one of our present starting defenders. I believe Cygan was at his worst when he was more exposed with Van Bronko playing at left back. He appears much more confident between Sol and Ash. I dont think Cygan is a defensive leader but has a big role to play as a happy substitute /squad player. Gilberto had to come off the bench to play central defence on 18 mins with Keown's injury thus stretching a very ungainly defense for us.

Midfield Paddy was injured. Edu lacked the confidence that has now allowed his game to blossom. Pires had a day when he was not Robert Pires. Gilberto who was on the bench was lost to shore up the defence. Ray tried but there was nothing behind him to help.

Attack wasnt bad on paper but misfired and any attack can be poor if they are defending!

Very different this year.

First team available

Blackburn have injuries and no Duff.

lets hope they play badly and we stuff them
blackburn have been a bit of a bogey team that need wiping away...........

but they have a habit of playing well against us

Kyla

I'm **** scared about this one- heck im always **** scared but Blackburn are a team capable of beating us- they actually play the game. We have made a lot defensive errors against them mind you- 2001/02- luzhny's slip, 2002/03- edu's own goal, cygan and keown etc. It IS a potential bananna skin on Sat. Remember Wenger's 1st double- I was apprehensive playing them then b/c they beat us comprehensively 3-1 at home, but then we overwhelmed them in the opening 20mins at Ewood Park with 4 goals. I just knew then that the team were gonna win the league.

We need a similar performance from the lads on Sat. Forget all this "we are stronger on paper this season"- that don't count for ****. Form once again goes out the window. Why the hell do BB always up the ante against us?

Sammer

Established Member
Our mind set is completely different this year. We have already proved that we can deal with pressure in the first level of the CL (when everybody thought we were out) and in two crucial matches against Chelsea.

We will do it against Blackburn too. No worries here. A draw at least.

Adam

Established Member
This is early. We have a very important and very much in the balance Celta game to focus on first.

beaney

2-1 Arsenal.
they always run us close.

We are much better defensively this year, they dont have duff and they are struggling. we will win.

they always make me nervous though, i wouldnt be surprised if they hold us to a draw

Arsenal316

We're not even done the match with Celta and this is already up? Please, don't get too far ahead of yourselves.

Besides, gooner does the previews for the Arsenal games. He does it better than anybody else. He's been doing it for quite some time. Leave the previews to him.

Pat's missing Gerbil

Arsenal316 said:
We're not even done the match with Celta and this is already up? Please, don't get too far ahead of yourselves.

Besides, gooner does the previews for the Arsenal games. He does it better than anybody else. He's been doing it for quite some time. Leave the previews to him.

fair enough
no offense meant
i had just been looking at last year's stats.

Gooner..........take over please

Mark

Established Member
Blackburn are an annoying team who are sh*t almost all season but then perform really well against us, but we are stronger this year. No excuses. We will win this one. We were weaker last year and they were stronger, they won't be able to handle the football we play. Bergkamp usually plays well against them and I suspect he'll start. The team will be easy to predict...

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Ljungberg Vieira Edu Pires

Bergkamp Henry

It does look like Edu is taking Gilberto's place, perhaps he will do the same in the Brazil squad?

I predict a 2-0 win for the gooners. Bergkamp and Ljungberg. :)

afundell

blackburn away was a terrible day last year as i also got a parking ticket as well as seeing us play terrible and lose!! this is why i am boycotting the trip this year. In truth we are alot stronger than last year as has been previousely said and they are weaker. I cant see stead and gallacher giving sol and kolo too much trouble so i will go for and arsenal win 2-0

algunner

The fact that we got an easy win against Celta Vigo am sure most players had an easy second have no running around other than passing the ball with confident. I must say the second half was kinda a training session for the weekend match. So I assume Wenger will start with the same team other than may be if Bergkamp is injured in that Celta goalkeeper cluttering Reyes might come to replace him. And May be Edu might get the bench as Wenger will be cautious to be more attacking minded and play more Strong Gilberto in midfield.

Lehman
Lauren Kolo Sol Cole

Fredie Viera Gilberto Pires
Bergkamp
Henry
Subs: Stack; Cygan, Edu, Reyes, Kanu

3-1 As usual teams can't score more than 1 goal against Arsenal in 20 matches so I can assume that might be a right score.

Aussie

Established Member
I agree with that formation in every pos. Reyes to come on around the 60th minute mark for Bergie. As long as we win dont care what we win by.

pome

im sure the lads didnt have to work to hard in the celta game so maybe wenger will keep it the same or play gilberto instead of edu as algunner said

skart14

Rest henry and start reyes with bergy...see how it works out..blackburn, not exactly world class defense. Maybe then we sub in henry if we really do need to get a result.

Soler

Established Member
Christ I hate playing Blackburn. Very timid approach to this match and think we'll come away with a draw!

Aussie

Established Member
I am nervous a win here is crucial as that will really put the pressure on manure as we will be 12 points ahead by the time they start the Manchester Derby. They loose and we win the title is as good as ours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom