• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/03/04

n_henry

About Henry displaying his frustrations...I was surprised. He doesn't do that often - not so conspicuously, anyway. As soon as Gilberto's attempted cross failed, you could see him throw down his arms in frustrations.... :shock:

A bit harsh on Gilberto, I think he was. I mean, I could have choked him for the many times he was caught offside. ;)

Still, together, together, lads. :D

Legend#1

Established Member
Solid performance against a potential bogey team and my prediction was spot on including the scorers 8)

Henry was clearly getting frustrated but he's so passionate it does happen, you can't help it sometimes when your that passionate about the game, i'm sure Gilberto and Titi know this

Reyes played very good in my opinion, he gave the ball away a few times but he also worked very hard, made the runs, linked up as well as he could at this moment of time, made some good runs on the ball, 1 of the better players

Vieira gave the ball away too many times but still bossed the midfield, his work rate was bar none, his passing was a careless though

Titi played well, got frustrated but his persistence payed off, great freekick

Bobby was 1 of the hardest working members of the team along with Lauren and Kolo

A solid performance that got the job done, well done Arsenal, 1 game at a time

Together, Together

Senght

clockend_faithful said:
Reyes was superb but looked really lightweight
reyes was far from superb. he couldnt pass for s**t. he made some good runs and got into it abit towards the end, so hes showing promise. cant see how he was superb though !! paddy gave it away ALOT, edu was the most solid in our midfield and gilberto did nothing again !!!

For a guy in his first season coming into an alien league and playing in a team that requires immense teamwork and understanding, he did well.

AdamT

the only thing reyes did wrong was his passing, there were 2 times in the second half where he could have played henry in and put the ball just behind him, the second time henry would have been clean through and it was an easy pass, oh well.

i think henry was mad at gilberto for not crossing the ball earlier.because just before henry had dropped off his marker and was alone 10 yards out, but gilberto changed his mind and then crossed it a little later and the chance was gone.the cross he did put in, in the end was pretty good i thought.

one person who kicked arse i thought was lauren, i thought he played amazingly well.

jc8gooner

Good win yesterday, if not the greatest performance. We must bear in mind that we cannot play football of amazing quality every game! It is results that count at this time of the season.

I've only seen highlights so it's hard to say who played well and who didn't.

As for the goals though, I thought that both were excellent.

The first was definitely a free kick. Craig Short, came in from behind, didn't get the ball and barged into Henry with his upper body. On top of that he made sufficient contact with his lower body and got himself tangled up with Thierry. I don't think there's too much that Short or Souness can complain about. Brilliant free kick.

The second goal. fine.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom