• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Bournemouth 0-3 Arsenal | Saturday 20th August 2022 | KO 17:30 BST | SKY SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

1660584032619.png

7B62D0EC-C17F-4B13-A2DF-713FF0C092C7.jpeg

Not sure how serious Ben White’s knock is but if he’s out then just bring in Tomiyasu. Otherwise the first eleven will be unchanged, hopefully Fabio Vieira will be on the bench for this one.

I reckon this will be harder than everyone is expecting it to be. They’re playing at home, live on Sky and looking to bounce back after being bullied by Man City. I’m sure Gary Neville and the Sky gang are patiently waiting for this one but do teams really stand a chance when we’ve got Jesus conquering stadiums???

674CC61F-9D79-440D-925E-BA73E9A1A822.jpeg

And Edu finally paying off the refs:

A97ED6E6-2383-49DF-A4AB-57903D08CDBD.jpeg

Bournemouth 1-3 Arsenal 🔴⚪

Legoooooooo

Halcyon Daze

Another way of seeing this. We can go to top gear, smash 2-3 goals past the opposition, knowing that the inevitable ease off isn't going to cost us points.
What’s the strategy against the big boys though? My concern. The step up, that’s how we’ll be judged.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
I think we’re winning the PL.

7fCm.gif
Let's not get carried away now lol

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
What’s the strategy against the big boys though? My concern. The step up, that’s how we’ll be judged.

We're going to have to play counter attack against City, which we 100% have the pace to do now, but other than them no one in the league scares me at all. I don't think we need to change much.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We're going to have to play counter attack against City, which we 100% have the pace to do now, but other than them no one in the league scares me at all. I don't think we need to change much.

You reckon we can finally score against Liverpool? How many hours have we got without scoring against them?

:lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I am loving the Mezcal with a twist of Orange maybe a little too much
I like it more than Tequila. Similar but difference are the variety of Maguey and that it's made not in Tequila. In the south, mainly Oaxaca, mezcal is more popular than Tequila. So I agree with you that I prefer mezcal than Tequila. Get some sal de gusano and chapulines and enjoy it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I like it more than Tequila. Similar but difference are the variety of Maguey and that it's made not in Tequila. In the south, mainly Oaxaca, mezcal is more popular than Tequila. So I agree with you that I prefer mezcal than Tequila. Get some sal de gusano and chapulines and enjoy it.
On general chat put some pics of me in Tulum and loving it. I swam in Cenote in a cave and the guide said once every 6 months they get a Mayan shaman to bless the Cenote because otherwise people who enter it get bad juju. I love the craft Mezcal and Tequilla, I got to hand it Mexico the food, people, natural beauty, culture, and booze is all top drawer

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
How long does it take for the replays to be made available on Arsenal.com?

Tom Mix

Love ESR, but a bit too much of a moments player at this time. Needs to work on his general involvement in the game imo. Will get plenty of opportunity to start in the cups.

Huge talent, he will get there.
So long as he is only given moments to play he will only be a moments player. There is a reason he was our second top scorer last season, it was no coincidence.

Uncle Good-Advice

All this constant remarks on how we won first three games of a season for a first time in 18 years made me remember those days back in 2004. I was on holiday, went to a bar to witness how we absolutely destroyed Everton in the opening match. I mean they really took a beating, on their own turf. We were fresh of the unbeaten season and we played probably the best football ever. Next match against Middlesbrough was even more entertaining as we came back to win 5-3. Somehow the camera angle from Bournemouth stadium looked quite similar to this from Highbury. I miss those days, it feels like a 100 years ago not 18 :)

Funny fact that Arteta played for Everton back then but I can't remember him playing against us.

Mohamed7

People forgot only City and Liverpool won more league matches than us last season, 7 and 6 respectively, despite losing 9 matches we shouldnt have: 3 in the beginning because of poor pre-season and covid, 2 against United and Everton where we deserved at least draws, one against City at home which we dominated them till the dive by B Silva and the silly red card, and the three L in a row in April due to injuries to Partley and Tierney.

We solved two out of four of those reasons we lost in those 9 matches:

1. Purchased early and had a great preseason.
2. Significantly improved defense with Saliba.

The other two are still remained to be tested: Dont get silly redcards by controlling our emotions. And, a quality bench so there’s no major drop in quality when key players are injured. For this, we still need to sign a quality winger and CM. Specially the later.

Furthermore, with Jesus and Martinelli, our attack is miles better than the dross we had last season: Auba and Laca.

I love the fact we and the rivals are waiting how we fare against top four teams. If we are aiming for top four, results against them will not decide it. It how we do against the other 15 teams that will determine our season target. We really need to add two positions mentioned above to protect us from the inevitable Partley injury and to protect our wide players. If we get them, we really must aim for top three.

Great times ahead, I hope.

Mohamed7

By the way, I was Arteta out before last season, but I am changed by his and Edu’s transformation done to the team. You really have to give them credit.

Arteta will always have question marks and still lacks the experience to deal with difficult moments, for instance the match against Sp**s away where we should have been bit more pragmatic or should have hooked Holding as it was clear he lost his head, and poorly dealing with Partley’s injury by experimenting. There also have been ridiculously poor signings like Tavares who I believe cost us top four. Nevertheless, this is expected from someone with zero managerial experience at any level. He will make mistakes along the way. It is the club that took the risk and we must live with it.

I read some posts on the Arteta talking about spending money the only reason we are winning and doing well. Some even gone as crazy as saying T Pulis and Big Sam would achieve the same! Absolutely insane comments. I don’t know how to even respond to that other than you have an agenda against Arteta. Give the man some credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom