• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bournemouth vs Arsenal | Thursday 26th December | KO: 15:00 | Amazon Prime

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Bournemouth Win

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Looked good. Thought Özil played very well, Laca looked rusty. Torreria was excellent. What can you say about the number of poor balls in the final third today - you should honestly be expecting to lose a Premiership match if you waste that amount of chances, so I guess that’s a bonus :lol:

Really feels like 3 points lost.

At least we know why they are keeping Pepe out of the action - someone tries to murder him every game.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I hate refs like this.

4 minutes extra time, they played probably 1 minute from this.
3:30 Leno want to make the game fast, ref is calling a foul and gives Wilson a yellow. Took about 30 secs and then the ref is finishing the game straight after that.
Refs truly have the best profession. Earn millions as long as you can jog around for 90 minutes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Played well and came from behind, should have won it bar a Laca disasterclass, but something to build on.

Encouraging signs from Arteta, even just being in charge for a few days.

m-due

You can see the difference already. There is a lot more work that needs to be done. Sunday’s game v. Chelsea will be massive.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I dont think Arteta could have done more here, save scoring the goals himself.

We should have been out of sight after the first half.

Still, there were lots of positives. Our movement was a lot better, hence why we created more chances. I liked what I saw from our work rate without the ball.

But the players look absolutely shot of confidence. It is going to take time this, and in the short term it will probably be rather rough... two tough games coming up. Then vermin in the third game.

rockofcashel

Better than they have been lately.. but that's not really that hard, considering they've been abysmal lately

Looked like they wanted to do things quickly... which was nice to see

Still seriously hamstrung by a poor central defence. Sokratis is utterly useless.. but the option instead of him? Mustafi.. who almost cost the game in the end with a reckless tackle on Fraser that missed by a mile. I imagine the first thing Arteta does is get rid of those two jokers. Shane Duffy from Brighton would be a huge step up from either of them

Özil was impressive. Once he gets quick ball and space between the lines.. he can be lethal

Wouldn't be as hard on Laca as some.. he needs match practice. Problem is.. either him or Auba can play middle.. not both. Auba is a ghost of a player when on the wing

Look.. its a half decent start. And Chelsea lost, so we've managed to get a point closer to a CL spot even without winning.

Two huge games in the next two that could if we won both, give the team serious momentum going into the New Year

Bloodbather

Established Member

People arguing that Lacazette lacks " sharpness " but Pepe had more of an impact in 5 mins and he's not exactly match sharp either. Some just can't admit that Laca aint as good as they think he is.

It's not sharpness, Laca is just too fat right now. Pépé had a knock, but he's fit.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Arteta had us playing better football after three days compared to what Ljungberg did in his three weeks.
This was the Norwich game all over again. The manager post-Emery was never the problem and this proves my point that you can't coach a team a new system instantly. It also makes you look lile a bit of a tw*t for your Freddie bashing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Xhaka MOTM.

90 passes. 11/12 successful long passes.

The Arteta effect. :drool:

His positioning was spot on today, rarely saw him being pressured for the turnover... bar a moment in the second half. Other than that I didnt see much to worry about with him.

Long may that continue, we are going to need all hands on deck for us this season.

roz

Fake News Merchant
2 shots on target from us today. That is unbelievably bad considering how we dominated that game. Laca with a stinker and Auba despite scoring not much better tbh.
still, thought the midfield was excellent and defence did ok.

rockofcashel

I dont think Arteta could have done more here, save scoring the goals himself.

We should have been out of sight after three first half.

Still, there were lots of positives. Our movement was a lot better, hence why we created now chances. I liked what I saw from our work rate without the ball.

But the players look absolutely shot of confidence. It is going to take time this, and in the short term it will probably be rather rough... two tough games coming up. Then vermin in the third game.

Exactly.. 17 attempts.. 2 on target. Just not good enough.

But 17 attempts is a decent starting point

thierrytheking14

Im done with watching this ****ing team until I see major changes in the lineup in January. Season over for me. Cant be arsed with this.
What major changes do you see coming in January? Maybe 1 signing, two if we're really lucky?

If you don't want to support the team, do one & f**k off mate. Sick of fair weather 'supporters' like you. Its Arteta's first game in charge ffs. Unbelievable...

Reactions: roz

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This was the Norwich game all over again. The manager post-Emery was never the problem and this proves my point that you can't coach a team a new system instantly. It also makes you look lile a bit of a tw*t for your Freddie bashing.

No it wasn’t. They played well for about 20 minutes in the Norwich game. We dominated pretty much the whole game today. Look at the shape of the team when we had possession. That was completely different to anything we’ve seen recently and it helped us control possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom