• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Brentford 0 - 3 Arsenal | Sunday 18th, September | KO: 12:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRF2021_BrentfordvArsenal-1038x519.jpg
Should be a straight forward game with all the the usual starters vs United returning to the starting XI.

Ivan Toney is always a tricky customer but we should see them off easily.

Screenshot-20220914-145931.png

Screenshot-20220914-145943.png

Screenshot-20220914-145955.png

Screenshot-20220914-151250.png

Screenshot-20220914-150155.png

Screenshot-20220914-152124.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Desperately hope you're right because losing that one then losing to Liverpool would be a huge momentum killer

Even if we lose both those games, you’ll see us bounce back again. Something I doubt by the way.

The fundamentals are clear to see now. I said it before the Brentford match, that if we control the ball and move into different phases of play at the needed times, we will have enough to do the job against both Liverpool and Sp**s, at home.

Of course this is football and anything can happen on the day. There are also much finer margins amongst the top six. But technically and cohesively we are one the best in the league right now, along with City, by some distance.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Even if we lose both those games, you’ll see us bounce back again. Something I doubt by the way.

The fundamentals are clear to see now. I said it before the Brentford match, that if we control the ball and move into different phases of play at the needed times, we will have enough to do the job against both Liverpool and Sp**s, at home.

Of course this is football and anything can happen on the day. There are also much finer margins amongst the top six. But technically and cohesively we are one the best in the league right now, along with City, by some distance.
I feel confident we can defeat Liverpool if they don't bottle it. We are playing better than them. Sp**s on the contrary, I just hope Arteta learned from his mistakes against ManU and the presence of Partey change everything.

SA Gunner

I feel confident we can defeat Liverpool if they don't bottle it. We are playing better than them. Sp**s on the contrary, I just hope Arteta learned from his mistakes against ManU and the presence of Partey change everything.

There was some drop off when Lokonga came on against Brentford. You can see he doesn’t have the positional and spatial awareness that TP5 has. Not ideal but we can remain functional to some degree. We would ideally need TP5 now and hopefully Elneny back after the World Cup again.

As for the Sp**s game, I think Arteta will adjust for that one. What we know is that Sp**s cannot fully function if they are denied space. They deliberately concede possession for this and use the counter attack like no other.

I do expect us to push up and squeeze them in parts, but I also see us changing our shape a bit to ensure we have the numbers needed to deal with their threat in behind. For example we remember how we dropped to 5 at the back in defense last season at home to Liverpool, with Martinelli and Saka operating as wingbacks. This completely nullified Liverpool for the game, until the second half produced those two moments of brilliance.

Tactically I respect Conte’s management, he will be well set up to stop us from breaking then down, combined with enough outlets for the turnover ball. But I also think Arteta has the plans to nullify their threat and pull their block out of shape.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
There was some drop off when Lokonga came on against Brentford. You can see he doesn’t have the positional and spatial awareness that TP5 has. Not ideal but we can remain functional to some degree. We would ideally need TP5 now and hopefully Elneny back after the World Cup again.

As for the Sp**s game, I think Arteta will adjust for that one. What we know is that Sp**s cannot fully function if they are denied space. They deliberately concede possession for this and use the counter attack like no other.

I do expect us to push up and squeeze them in parts, but I also see us changing our shape a bit to ensure we have the numbers needed to deal with their threat in behind. For example we remember how we dropped to 5 at the back in defense last season at home to Liverpool, with Martinelli and Saka operating as wingbacks. This completely nullified Liverpool for the game, until the second half produced those two moments of brilliance.

Tactically I respect Conte’s management, he will be well set up to stop us from breaking then down, combined with enough outlets for the turnover ball. But I also think Arteta has the plans to nullify their threat and pull their block out of shape.
Being honest the game is going to be very interested. I am not from England so I don't feel that rivalry people from London feel against Sp**s. They are meh for me. So I don't hate them. I am interested in watching the game in tactical level.

I wouldn't high press against them, but at the same time I wonder if he is going to go the same way as he did against ManU like Pep does and sometimes loses because of it, specially in UCL.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Saliba possesses something that can be easily overlooked but has been crucial in our improvement. He isn’t just calm under pressure, he is able to draw attackers on to him and take 2/3 opposition players out of the game with a pass/interception/carry when pressed on a regular basis.

Is it risky? Yes but his technical base level and ability to control the ball with either foot as well as knowing what’s around him gives him a huge advantage. Scary talent for 21.

SA Gunner

Being honest the game is going to be very interested. I am not from England so I don't feel that rivalry people from London feel against Sp**s. They are meh for me. So I don't hate them. I am interested in watching the game in tactical level.

I wouldn't high press against them, but at the same time I wonder if he is going to go the same way as he did against ManU like Pep does and sometimes loses because of it, specially in UCL.

We definitely have the desire to deal with them, of course our home situation gives us an extra boost as well.

But what matters most is what you say, the tactical plans. The top six battles will all be very fine margins. Don’t let the United result fool you, that was a very tight, tactical game with United being good as well, despite our possession. Same thing will happen against Sp**s, with fine margins and split decisions creating big outcomes.

It’s not as simple as saying… Arteta is inexperienced and can’t handle the top six. No no no, it’s far more detailed than that.

I’ve faith in Arteta to put together a proper plan for them on the day. He’s done it before against Chelsea, United, Sp**s, and for large parts Liverpool and City, all last season. Combined of course with our current players playing and understanding on the pitch.

bergholt

It's worrying that our entire season is on the shoulders of one man - Partey - and he hasn't exactly shown himself to be physically resilient in his time with us.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
On reflection: we played very well, they were certainly not at their best, the sombre atmosphere helped us and it was the perfect game for uncle Partey to return - he is a very calming influence.

Consensus on a Brentford forum I browsed was that we are the best team they have faced in a very long time. Im certainly not deranged enough to think we are anywhere near Man City’s level though.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

On reflection: we played very well, they were certainly not at their best, the sombre atmosphere helped us and it was the perfect game for uncle Partey to return - he is a very calming influence.

Consensus on a Brentford forum I browsed was that we are the best team they have faced in a very long time. Im certainly not deranged enough to think we are anywhere near Man City’s level though.
From an over 8000 messages member in their forum:
"I have never seen us dominated at home like that for 65 minutes since we were promoted to the PL. Was that because Arsenal were so good or Brentford so bad, probably a bit of both. This game will not define our season, they will finish top 4 imo. Having said that Thomas was unable to do anything to change the tide, and we continue to concede goals at an alarming rate. Hopefully out of our system for Muff, but that is one big kick up the arse."
From an over 19000 messages member in their forum:
Or southampton or Brighton away?

Arsenal are good. They were a little hard done by in their one defeat. They look like the nearest title contenders to City at the moment. I don’t think there was any lack of effort on our part just a few errors ruthlessly punished and a worldy of a third which was always going in even if Raya hadn’t taken a step to the right first. We miss Norgaard and it’s not as easy for Janelt to deputise as it was in the Championship, particularly against a top team. Let’s not beat ourselves or each other up over it.

It was disappointing to have posed so little goal threat but that’s in the context of having scored freely all season. There are several teams who are doing that week in week out even against teams well out of the top 6 reckoning.
From an over 23000 messages member in their forum:
We lost to a very good team
No shame in that

On to the next one… 🐝🐝🐝
From an over 1000 messages member in their forum:
Arsenal were more physical than last season. Arteta said he realised that was previously lacking in his team. They were also good at time wasting and sh*thousing and the referee let them get away with it.

That said, they were better organised, keener, more skilful and more creative. We could not get near the ball for large parts of the game. When Arsenal lost possession they quickly regained it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Saliba possesses something that can be easily overlooked but has been crucial in our improvement. He isn’t just calm under pressure, he is able to draw attackers on to him and take 2/3 opposition players out of the game with a pass/interception/carry when pressed on a regular basis.

Is it risky? Yes but his technical base level and ability to control the ball with either foot as well as knowing what’s around him gives him a huge advantage. Scary talent for 21.

You may also have noticed that some teams will press Gabriel and not Saliba for this very reason.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Obviously, I don't want us to lose two in a row but I also think it's not something we can afford to do especially vs clubs with the same objectives. I saw a stat that last season we lost consecutive games on four separate occasions including three in a row twice. The evidence from past seasons is that we can slump hard and i want us to break that cycle this season. We need to get something from both matches as we rather threw it away vs Utd. It's likely to come down to tactics and solving the annoyingly persistent issue of inadequate chance conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom