• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Brentford 0 - 3 Arsenal | Sunday 18th, September | KO: 12:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRF2021_BrentfordvArsenal-1038x519.jpg
Should be a straight forward game with all the the usual starters vs United returning to the starting XI.

Ivan Toney is always a tricky customer but we should see them off easily.

Screenshot-20220914-145931.png

Screenshot-20220914-145943.png

Screenshot-20220914-145955.png

Screenshot-20220914-151250.png

Screenshot-20220914-150155.png

Screenshot-20220914-152124.png

Last edited by a moderator:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
No one here is asking the big question...

Will @2Smokeyy inject this forum with that unadulterated match thread opium for the Sp**s game? Or will he just light a cuban in the corner and blow smoke at us?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
On reflection: we played very well, they were certainly not at their best, the sombre atmosphere helped us and it was the perfect game for uncle Partey to return - he is a very calming influence.

Consensus on a Brentford forum I browsed was that we are the best team they have faced in a very long time. Im certainly not deranged enough to think we are anywhere near Man City’s level though.

I'm seeing/reading this a lot - sounds like excuses made for Brentford, not sure how it can help one team and hinder another considering I really don't think most football fans or players are crying for days over the queen's death (no offence).

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
The way we are nullifying physical sides these days is mightily impressive.

This combination of technical superiority mixed with physical dominance we haven't had since the invincibles.
I think that is on William Saliba, the amount of balls he wins before the opposite striker has any sense of ball control is huge. He is really on VVD levels. I prefer him every day over any of our other CBs, even if he doesn't does that many long balls like White does. Saliba have a better understanding with Partey as well, so we play more through the middle than without him.

BIoodBrother

Watch how Xhaka plays the pass to Gabriel, then rushes to the left, which opens the passing lane back to Partey. He then moves forward, demands the ball with his arm waving, plays an accurate but as well fast paced pass (that takes time away for defensive shapes) with his right foot to Tierney, then has a look, he turns his head towards the box and Jesus, as he knows that he's gonna get the ball back in a second and just has to execute the pin point cross to those powerful neck muscles in space. It's elite.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I didn't get to see the game as I was on the road most of Sunday and it wasn't on the radio.

Well chuffed with the win as I feel that Brentford, Palace, Newcastle and maybe Brighton are probably the hardest away fixtures outside of the top 6.

It is amazing how perception can change on one game. Win playing well and the United game just looks like a blip, lose and suddenly we've lost two in a row and the question gets asked if we are really any better than the start of last season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I didn't get to see the game as I was on the road most of Sunday and it wasn't on the radio.

Well chuffed with the win as I feel that Brentford, Palace, Newcastle and maybe Brighton are probably the hardest away fixtures outside of the top 6.

It is amazing how perception can change on one game. Win playing well and the United game just looks like a blip, lose and suddenly we've lost two in a row and the question gets asked if we are really any better than the start of last season.
Exactly, and it was a show of character for these young players, after last season. This is especially great to see as we missed Ødegaard and Zinchenko, two starting players again.

Totally dominant performance against a tough home opponent, that had lost only once at home in 7 months, and three times in the calendar year before this loss.

United game was pretty even though, nothing to worry about.

Tom Mix

What worried me about the United game is that we lost it on mistakes on and off the pitch. We must hope and expect this is not a pattern for games against the bigger teams and the best antidote would be to demolish Sp uds in the next game.

MA08

What worried me about the United game is that we lost it on mistakes on and off the pitch. We must hope and expect this is not a pattern for games against the bigger teams and the best antidote would be to demolish Sp uds in the next game.
The mistakes were because we did not have two of our defensive mids available. Watch how city perform against good teams when Gundogan starts in Rodri's position(arsenal fa cup sf, tottenham cl game) etc.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka

Watch how Xhaka plays the pass to Gabriel, then rushes to the left, which opens the passing lane back to Partey. He then moves forward, demands the ball with his arm waving, plays an accurate but as well fast paced pass (that takes time away for defensive shapes) with his right foot to Tierney, then has a look, he turns his head towards the box and Jesus, as he knows that he's gonna get the ball back in a second and just has to execute the pin point cross to those powerful neck muscles in space. It's elite.
Nice ducking by the referee too.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I do not get this? Does toney mean when he done it for the first time it was side splitting hilarious and then gab does it and it is not funny or did another arsenal player tweet this as well. If you cannot take it then done diss it out.

Lacazette tweeted it last season after we beat them 2-1 at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom