• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiet Ninja

Bitterly disappointing defeat, but let's remember that Brentford are a good team with an established style of play that everyone is comfortable with. We had our usual luck with injuries, which meant that Sambi, Martinelli and Balogun were thrown in the deep end, when they should've been eased in. The loss of Auba and Laca shouldn't be underestimated.

That said, we need at least one more creator. Ødegaard in asap, please, and then hopefully we can find our rhythm a little earlier this season. Last year it took us till after Christmas, I think?

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Another question, where was the "generational" talents Martinelli and Balogun that I keep hearing?
Arsenal fans should stop overhyping these young kids
They both looked awful to be honest. Balogun had that shocking first touch when he took Tierney's low cross on the turn, then panicked, and Martinelli is as pointless as ever. No composure or dribbling and barely ever involved.

To be fair, we shouldn’t be so reliant on young talents to carry us. The problem is that our “experienced” players wouldn’t be out of place in the Championship.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Bitterly disappointing defeat, but let's remember that Brentford are a good team with an established style of play that everyone is comfortable with. We had our usual luck with injuries, which meant that Sambi, Martinelli and Balogun were thrown in the deep end, when they should've been eased in. The loss of Auba and Laca shouldn't be underestimated.

That said, we need at least one more creator. Ødegaard in asap, please, and then hopefully we can find our rhythm a little earlier this season. Last year it took us till after Christmas, I think?

We are Arsenal… reread your first paragraph… it’s terrible to think that’s how far we’ve fallen that we expect a loss or draw to a newly promoted team. We should be showing them the difference between the PL and the Championship.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

With a new baby son and a 2.5 yo daughter, I only have time to watch bits and pieces of games, and honestly - I've been quite happy with that given how awful we are.

How do you guys sit through 90 minutes of this stuff? Watching 10 minutes is almost unbearable.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What about now though? They're not laughing at him cos he's probably quite a scary person up close, they just secretly dislike him and hope he leaves soon.
So far it seems they are playing for him. Time will tell how it will develop...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So far it seems they are playing for him. Time will tell how it will develop...

I don't think that's been the case for a while tbh, just cos they're not openly laughing at it doesn't mean they respect him. The amount of bizarre decisions he's made, if i were in that squad i'd be keeping my head down and hoping he gets sacked soon.

Alexs

shouts for Conte but he seems similar to Mikel in the sense of structure, discipline and falling out with players
He would be perfect if we could possibly attract him. He could refine, if that is the correct word, Arteta's sense of structure and discipline. Arteta's already fallen out with talented players, Conte would be welcome to fall out with Mari, Cedric, Willian.

The biggest plusses though, Conte has positive energy, charisma, is not robotic, has experience and success. In fact, to compare the two in any way at all is absurd. The style of football may not be the best but it actually suits our squad and turgid gets a whole lot better when you actually win games.

Fabregasm

Looking at some of the rival results of opening day, it's kinda safe to assume the highest we can finish is 6th but 8-10th is more realistic and this look to be ongoing for a bit for long term :(

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel

LOL Brentford is a ducking championship team and we lost because someone decided to make the interns manager and DOF for this club.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Looking at some of the rival results of opening day, it's kinda safe to assume the highest we can finish is 6th but 8-10th is more realistic and this look to be ongoing for a bit for long term :(

To make a season prediction based on one game is silly. But… based on Arteta’s year’s past performance, I’d say you’re right. We seem to have the same old problems.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
With a new baby son and a 2.5 yo daughter, I only have time to watch bits and pieces of games, and honestly - I've been quite happy with that given how awful we are.

How do you guys sit through 90 minutes of this stuff? Watching 10 minutes is almost unbearable.
Lots of alcohol

Kav

Established Member
????

This rot started under Wenger when we finished 6th, most of these failures who are average and who have bled our club dry with their wages were signed under Wenger.
Bullshit. Out of the first team only Xhaka and Chambers were signed under Wenger. People need to stop blaming him for the current regime’s ineptitude.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Bullshit. Out of the first team only Xhaka and Chambers were signed under Wenger. People need to stop blaming him for the current regime’s ineptitude.
Aubamayang, Lacazette, Bellerin, elneny, Chambers, Xhaka to name a few.

You're talking through your hoop.

You probably thought using the word ineptitude might make you look knowledgeable.

Hard luck.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Agree can't blame Wenger for current squad but because he basically ran all aspects of the club for so long there was a massiv void when he left and a bunch of children entered the fray. But I don't blame wenger for this but the owners. It's this lack of care with the club which make me hate them so much.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

You probably thought using the word ineptitude might make you look knowledgeable.

Hard luck.
He he has been gone for so long, the children after have had ample opportunity to get rid of them and in most cases they have been resigned.

Kav

Established Member

Hard luck.
Did you see Aubameyang, Lacazette, Bellerin and elneny start against Brentford? Or are you incapable of reading a sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom