• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Brighton And Hove Albion 0 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, 2nd October | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yes, Arteta has to go with that. We are playing once a week, we dont need to rotate. Its tough on Pepe but that 11 are there on merit, its up to Pepe to improve.
It's harsh on Pepe because individually he's been one of our best forwards, but he doesn't mesh that well with Auba

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's harsh on Pepe because individually he's been one of our best forwards, but he doesn't mesh that well with Auba

Does he mesh well with anyone? Its also the quick one touch play, Pepe gets the ball and stops, shuffles it foot to foot, then the opposition have got back. Yes he has a great left foot and pace but that's not enough.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leicester with a similar Transfermarkt squad cost as our lost 2-1 to them a while ago. Why was it a contest?
Shame on them. Rodgers is struggling. But he couldn’t even keep Liverpool in the top 4 for more than 1 season and that was when he was lucky enough to have had Suarez. :lol: And the league was so much easier then. 😂😂

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Does he mesh well with anyone? Its also the quick one touch play, Pepe gets the ball and stops, shuffles it foot to foot, then the opposition have got back. Yes he has a great left foot and pace but that's not enough.

Think he's a useful option to have, he's more chaotic and dangerous 1 v 1 than our other forwards and has a goal threat as well. I also think he works a lot harder out of possession now.

If we could make the attacking 4-3-3 work to fit him in, then it would be amazing but I'm not convinced by ESR as a right sided midfielder and I think against Brighton we are probably best off giving Lokonga some time in the middle next to Partey. The interplay between ESR, MO & Saka will be hard for most teams to handle.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Pepe needed for Brighton imo as he usually scores against them. I’d go with Saka deeper or drop him for Pepe.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I will be very disappointed if we don't win this by at least 3 goals. Tired of these small teams trying to size up with us.
I take a draw now. Win by 3 points lool. We are really poor away from home and Brighton is very good footballing team

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Think he's a useful option to have, he's more chaotic and dangerous 1 v 1 than our other forwards and has a goal threat as well. I also think he works a lot harder out of possession now.

If we could make the attacking 4-3-3 work to fit him in, then it would be amazing but I'm not convinced by ESR as a right sided midfielder and I think against Brighton we are probably best off giving Lokonga some time in the middle next to Partey. The interplay between ESR, MO & Saka will be hard for most teams to handle.

Yes I expect Sambi to play, keep ESR, Odegarrd and Saka behind Auba.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

For these types of away games, against a quite tough opponent, it should be clear that we need a double pivot. Which is Sambi-Partey now. They are both able to attack so it's not a big deal.

ESR & Ødegaard would anyway need more games in 4-3-3 for experience, otherwise it can be risky. It should be done against easier opponents, especially at home.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That H2H is depressing to be honest. ****ing Brighton… 🤦🏼‍♂️ Famous for donkeys, drugs and transvestites.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Hope this Xhaka injury doesn’t lead to more Partey/ESR/Ødegaard. ESR needs to stay on the left.

Do you think ESR plays on the left only if he starts on the left?

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I take a draw now. Win by 3 points lool. We are really poor away from home and Brighton is very good footballing team
Fvck that. This team needs to step up and start putting these small teams in their place. Surely the players must have some pride. We should all be tagging Auba altho im sure he's seen the post already.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Do people think on average if Brighton fans want White to fail more than Arsenal fans? Gonna be interesting.

Because surprisingly many of them seem to want him succeed here even if they don't like Arsenal.

(I'm not really talking about Arsenal fans, but AM Arsenal fans.)

This is from their forum.
Originally Posted by Roland

We’ll see what Ben is made of Saturday. I think he folds under the pressure.
Originally Posted by The Fits

What utter drivel.
Every time he has moved up a level, from Newport to England, he has done so not just easily but exceeding expectations. Yes he had a poor debut for Arsenal but they were all awful that night. He was outstanding against Sp**s.
To others- he was dropped by England from the previous squad. He’ll be back in it this season and will clearly play a lot more international games than Dunk and Webster combined. And probably even Lamptey in all honesty.

I’m pretty sure people will be a little more humble in a couple of days time. He’s a huge talent.

Plutarch

I've been beaten down by Arsenal's poor form in recent seasons so I'm not confident here. Even after some good results it will be very tough for us to beat a good, well-organised team like Brighton at their own ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom