• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton and Hove Albion vs Arsenal | December 26th | KO: 17:15 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m pretty pissed off because I am as they call an Özil fanboy and I don’t like how Emery is treating him. He can make his Arsenal career but is making it very difficult for himself now.

Two weeks off work which is nice. How are you?
Three weeks off work for me!:D

Yeah he’s starting to make himself appear a bit clueless now, I think it’s clear to everyone that we need Özil and I’ll find it hard to rate a manager if he can’t accomplish one attacking midfielder. Let’s give him one or two more transfer windows I guess.

Results like this make it hard to take a step back and realise that it is a growth process.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Hope Unai continues to ‘rest’ Mesut for the next month just to rustle all the hysterical nonces on this forum.

He’s dropping an overpaid underperforming playmaker with chronic back problems, not Lionel Messi ffs. Mesutozil-mania.com.

I don’t think dropping him is the issue, it’s the fact that he’s being dropped and replaced by players who are just as worse. Özil might pick out a pass regardless of how **** he’s playing, Iwobi wouldn’t.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think dropping him is the issue, it’s the fact that he’s being dropped and replaced by players who are just as worse. Özil might pick out a pass regardless of how **** he’s playing, Iwobi wouldn’t.

If Emery goes out in January and buys a player to replace Özil then fair enough, but he's currently replacing him with a player who is nowhere near his level, even when Özil is playing 'badly'.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I hope we find a buyer in January for Mesut then.
There's no point in keeping him if the coach doesn't trust him.

And I think it's very hard to fit Özil in a modern system especially in the PL.
I really don't know though. I love the player. I love his talent. But I've been mostly disappointed by his Arsenal career except for a few months when he was bossing the PL and almost got 20 assists in half of a season.

That's the kind of Özil I was expecting every week. And we didn't get it unfortunately.

Ultimately he wasn't bad but with his special talent he could have done so much more IMO.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
As bad as we've been all season. A better team than Brighton would have beaten us. Brighton would have beaten us if they hadn't been so craven in the second half.

Yes we have injuries but we had no shape today and some of the players look like the Emery honeymoon is over and aren't exactly giving everything for the colours. We are now playing for 4th and we're not favourites.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As bad as we've been all season. A better team than Brighton would have beaten us. Brighton would have beaten us if they hadn't been so craven in the second half.

Yes we have injuries but we had no shape today and some of the players look like the Emery honeymoon is over and aren't exactly giving everything for the colours. We are now playing for 4th and we're not favourites.
That's explain the players we got are not good enough only playere who performing well are Torreira Sokratis Leno Laca and Auba. The other not doing it game in game out. The positive thing that emery signings are preforming well

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

I've kept hearing the same since the beginning of the season. Liverpool was supposed to destroy our terrible defense. Tottenham was supposed to be all over us...
And we've always showed up in big games.
Let's have some little faith. There's isn't a single team this season that I've felt totally outplayed us like during last season.

I'm not expecting a win at anfield, but we are going to have a decent game and cause them troubles.

Yes we have injuries but we had no shape today

Injuries are responsible for the lack of shape lately.
Bellerin was the only player in the squad who brings offensive threat from the right. He's been vital to Emery's system.

Holding was so important with his solid passing game for transitions and was a perfect fit with Sokratis/Mustafi.

Welbeck was playing an important part too in the squad rotation he was vital in our early success.

Our players are the ones who run the most in the league. Emery has lost key players in his rotation and it's like players like Iwobi can't keep up with such efforts and has been less effective lately.

+ we keep giving away cheap goals that ruin our confidence and flow during the game while giving our opponent more confidence.

We are now playing for 4th and we're not favourites.

We've never been favourites though.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I've kept hearing the same since the beginning of the season. Liverpool was supposed to destroy our terrible defense. Tottenham was supposed to be all over us...
And we've always showed up in big games.
Let's have some little faith. There's isn't a single team this season that I've felt totally outplayed us like during last season.

Injuries are responsible for the lack of shape lately.
Bellerin was the only player in the squad who brings offensive threat from the right. He's been vital to Emery's system.

Holding was so important with his solid passing game for transitions and was a perfect fit with Sokratis/Mustafi.

Welbeck was playing an important part too in the squad rotation he was vital in our early success.

Our players are the ones who run the most in the league. Emery has lost key players in his rotation and it's like players like Iwobi can't keep up with such efforts and has been less effective lately.

We've never been favourites though.
Over the years we have played many teams without any stars who have got a result against us through having a game plan and sticking to it regardless of the personnel.

I don't know what the game plan was today but, more worryingly, I'm not sure the players did. Or, even more worryingly, they knew it and weren't able or couldn't be bothered to put it into practice.

We have winged some games but today we were really there for the taking, the few occasions they ventured out in the second half it was panic stations.

Couple of weeks ago we were strong candidates for top four, we've regressed. All teams get injuries, Brighton were missing their best centre-back today and we really can't pretend they have similar strength in depth to us.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Another poor performance to add to the collection since the Sp**s league game. Not much to feel positive about at the moment.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Couple of weeks ago we were strong candidates for top four, we've regressed. All teams get injuries, Brighton were missing their best centre-back today and we really can't pretend they have similar strength in depth to us.

We still are mate.
I don't know Brighton's squad enough to comment on their injuries but we are having too manies of them at the same time.
And more importantly we don't have decent backup. Especially with the way we play.

As I've said earlier for instance, Bellerin's injury is huge. Not because of Lich's mistake, but because he's the only player in the squad, both offensive or defensive, who can bring constant threat on the right side, and bring width.
Bellerin has been absolutely vital to our offensive game. So many goals/actions come from his runs in behind.
He already has 4 assists in half a season. His best in career is 5.

Losing Holding AND Mustafi at the same time is costing us points too and ruined what Emery was building.
I really liked the idea of playing 3 at the back with kolasinac & bellerin bringing width and bombing forward. It has worked great against the Sp**s. The game against united was there for the taking but we missed Xhaka...

Emery isn't changing his formation just for the sake of it. He's trying to adjust as good as he can to the suspensions and injuries.
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Imagine Liverpool City or Tottenham playing a game with 0 CB that have played this season. They would lose points too imo.

We had a very solid half of a season but unfortunately the Sp**s Liverpool & City all have been incredible so far in their results.
Chelsea is there for the taking but they have the best offensive player in the league with Hazard and one of the best midfielder in the league.

The hard truth is that our squad IMO isn't as good or as balanced as the competition.
We have huge holes in defence midfield and wings but we're still having a solid season so far. But unfortunately the competition has been nothing short of incredible.

I'm not too concerned even though Emery and the team had a bad game today.
I remember having many doubts about Klopp at his debut for Liverpool with very boring games where the team didn't have any shape. But slowly and surely they've improved. They've brought in players that fit his style and spent ridiculous amount on top top class players.
They've finished 8th during his first year.
Then they've brought Salah in, and even though he was nothing short of amazing with 30+ goals in the league they've only finished 4th.
And now with even more investments they're 1st and unbeaten.

There is an obvious lack of quality in our squad even though we also have great players.
It only can be fixed with successive transfer windows.

Let's just chill and be patient. We are going to have bad games we were coming from too far. Last year was a disaster and there were huge concerns around the club.
And tbf it's going better than I've expected.
Sven Emery and Sanllehi have a huge task ahead of them to rebuild this team from scratch. It's gonna take time.

This is a long term job there is no way around it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lichtsteiner has underperformed, Guendouzi is playing to much. Sokratis is alright, we needed a star signing there imo. Torreira has been good for most parts.

We still have a chance of top4 although I don't see how we are gonna get it atm but its hard to find the right players to push on for top4 and also be useful for rest of their 4 years contract. With limited resources I rather wait until the summer and splash the cash on the players we are certain that can be useful in the long run!

Harsh on both Torreira and Sokratis. Both have been resounding successes for the actual outlay.

We need to be buying players every window for me, especially seen as we’re definitely going to need to sign a Ramsey replacement this summer.

Buying 5 players in the summer makes it harder for the team to gel, get some in now like a new winger and a midfielder who won’t need time next year.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Harsh on both Torreira and Sokratis. Both have been resounding successes for the actual outlay.

We need to be buying players every window for me, especially seen as we’re definitely going to need to sign a Ramsey replacement this summer.

Buying 5 players in the summer makes it harder for the team to gel, get some in now like a new winger and a midfielder who won’t need time next year.

This Jan window coming up reminds me of the summer we only bought Cech. We are crying out for a CB and winger, everyone including my mum knows Arsenal need that. Even if it's one or two on loan we need it for CL as I think we'll fall short without incomings.

Manberg

Predator

That's a good point, but realistically, we'd have to get lucky to buy quality players in January. It only tends to happen when the players want to leave their club. I'd rather not buy any lack-lustre players and be stuck with more deadwood.

Last edited:

chessygoal

Emery has to find a way to play Özil, Laca, Auba and one of Ramsey/Iwobi/Mhki together. We desperately lacked a creative spark today and we are asking far too much to our defensive mids.

progman07

Established Member
Are people actually calling for Emery's head? I think he's done very well so far, especially considering he's new to the league and can barely speak English. Top 4 was always going to be very difficult as Liverpool, City and Sp**s all have well established managers and teams, but we remain in the conversation which is important (and perhaps the best we could have hoped for this season). Just ask Man U fans how hard it is to replace a long-term manager - in contrast we've done well so far.
Results wise he has definitely done very well considering what he had to work with, and it's the most important thing. He brought back the fight to the team which so often did not look like they were giving 100%, and for this he deserves lots of respect and credit.

However long-term he must improve our performances (especially defensively), and also keep our most talented players happy otherwise we are going to have a hard time.
Hope Unai continues to ‘rest’ Mesut for the next month just to rustle all the hysterical nonces on this forum.

He’s dropping an overpaid underperforming playmaker with chronic back problems, not Lionel Messi ffs. Mesutozil-mania.com.
We are not Barcelona either, though. We do not have any proper backup, our squad is already paper thin, and it's also a financial disaster if we drop our highest earner (which is not gonna help our chances of making decent money out of him in the summer either).

Ok, Mesut is an overpaid underperformer, but this is what Emery has to get the best out of at the moment. Long-term is a different story of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom