• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I said before we can't keep grind out results it won't work every game specially if teams have more ruthless Frontline.

It's only matter of time before it's click again but we doing alot of things wrong. Wrong decisions weak passes and movements are sometimes wrong and not fooling defenders. Maybe our guys just try to not rush everything today was rush and players not get thier head up before making decisions.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
A lot of personalities can come through via the way some supporters see a game of football IMO. For example, a lot feel today’s win was a slog, and we were maybe undeserving of a win- maybe these people tend to be more pessimistic.

For me, I saw A LOT of positives. Defensively we were nothing short of excellent. Bar one or two hairy moments we defended astutely and dealt well with everything Burnley had to offer. Gabriel was superb.

I also see a lot of attacking potential in this team. Ødegaard is just a beautiful technician. ESR has exceptional movement off the ball. Saka despite being out of form is just a star. Auba will always be able to find the back of the net. Pepe can be deadly when in the mood.

We should’ve beaten Norwich a lot more comfortably and it was the same for Burnley today. Had we been a touch sharper in the final third we’d have won handily.

Positive signs for sure.
Big positive today is how our goal keeper and main center back Gabriel are vocal both could be important if they keep that we seriously miss leadership since like Kosh and mertesacker days

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Off to watch the full 90 shortly. The win was nice, but the stats are still worrying. Only three shots on target. I also saw that Burnley put in 40 crosses! That must be a record and I'm glad Ramsdale wasn't breached under that bombardment. We only had one big chance, fewer attacks than Burnley and Ramsdale had to make one more save than their GK. We can't keep grinding out results but at least we have some good momentum for now. Upwards Gunners.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We create chances if our opponents are one or more goals down and need to drop the discipline. When its a draw or we are losing we cant create chances.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Off to watch the full 90 shortly. The win was nice, but the stats are still worrying. Only three shots on target. I also saw that Burnley put in 40 crosses! That must be a record and I'm glad Ramsdale wasn't breached under that bombardment. We only had one big chance, fewer attacks than Burnley and Ramsdale had to make one more save than their GK. We can't keep grinding out results but at least we have some good momentum for now. Upwards Gunners.
Don’t watch it. Waste of time.

Legend14

Established Member
I said before we can't keep grind out results it won't work every game specially if teams have more ruthless Frontline.

It's only matter of time before it's click again but we doing alot of things wrong. Wrong decisions weak passes and movements are sometimes wrong and not fooling defenders. Maybe our guys just try to not rush everything today was rush and players not get thier head up before making decisions.
I don’t disagree here. Many improvements need to be made and a few players need to start playing at the level they are capable.

That said, winning breeds winning and winners. Win games now, while we adjust to each other. I’ll take the last two wins and the fact that we got clean sheets. Momentum.

Also, it looked as if we were trying to attack the middle even though Burnley was focused on taking it away. It wasn’t the Tierney plan only this match. I like the intent.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I don’t disagree here. Many improvements need to be made and a few players need to start playing at the level they are capable.

That said, winning breeds winning and winners. Win games now, while we adjust to each other. I’ll take the last two wins and the fact that we got clean sheets. Momentum.

Also, it looked as if we were trying to attack the middle even though Burnley was focused on taking it away. It wasn’t the Tierney plan only this match. I like the intent.

You dont remember the winning streak under Emery when we looked like **** and people talked about the worrying underlying stats?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The Swedish commentary half way through the first half got frustrated and screamed all excited AND ITS BACK TO KEEPER. After we kept going back lol.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
McNeil a player i really like he always direct and i hope he get a team that he can enjoy express himself he don't deserves to play with team that only like to kick to long to thier forwards.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
This is happening far too often now, I understand they are young but we've had a lot of young players in the Wenger era, and passes/touches like these wouldn't be accepted no matter the age. I think Saka didn't really expect the ball but that pass from ESR was dreadful, you expect better at the u18 level ffs
Its just some basic skills that our attacking players are currently lacking. We are are not even converting these counter overloads to get a shot on goal; it should be pretty basic stuff for PL players. Under Arteta, the only thing our attacking players look comfortable with is playing the slow passes around the horseshoe of death, everything else seems to be difficult currently.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Our expected goals agains the most limited football team in the league was 1.10. Of the 5 teams Burnley played this season we created the least by far and has way lower xg goals against them. There is no two ways about it. our attack is completely dead and there is no indication this will improve anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom