• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

Mohamed7

I predict 4 more wins.
6 straight wins
@Rimaal leaving the forum after having a mental breakdown when Arteta gets renewed.
@GDeep™ feeling guilty about it becomes a Muslim and enrolls in Daesh.
@American_Gooner migrates to goonersworld.
@El Duderino changes his citizenship to Uruguayan and miraculously learns Spanish after being bitten by a dog.
@Macho starts her female transitioning.
Stupid post.

Stop putting Islam hate in this forum. Daesh is a mercenary group that gets hired for political assassinations.

Haphazard

Me scrolling through the TL to find 30,242 athletic articles by Gunnerblog and Amy Lawrence about how the brilliant Arteta overcame the mighty Burnley this week:
Season 2 Prime Video GIF by The Boys

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can Burnley finally go away this season, please?

Feel the only worse team than them is Norwich, so relegation could happen :pray:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Also really surprised no Martinelli or laca involved last 2 games i thought they might have today if non of Partey or Tierney got cramps.

Would have been useful because our front 3 were missing easy counters
Unpopular opinion I guess, but Laca is our best all round attacker. Scores from anywhere and creates. All the others around him become more dangerous when he plays.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unpopular opinion I guess, but Laca is our best all round attacker. Scores from anywhere and creates. All the others around him become more dangerous when he plays.
Laca would have helped us hold up play better and get his teammates more involved having him coming from bench is very useful

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

One of counter that really pissed me off weak pass from ESR just behind pepe then saka with some bad first touch all today counters should've resulted us hitting the target and we failed apart from one. Vital this improve because will mean more goals more 3 points not being pressure to defend leads for 45+ minutes

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Laca would have helped us hold up play better and get his teammates more involved having him coming from bench is very useful
He adds the swagger to our attacker. They look stiff and have no imagination without him there. Pepe or ESR can make way for him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can Burnley finally go away this season, please?

Feel the only worse team than them is Norwich, so relegation could happen :pray:
I know football maths doesn't really add up, but we saw how bad Norwich were when we played them and they were smashed by Watford today. I put £15 on Watford because I was sure they had to be some way better than Norwich.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

One of counter that really pissed me off weak pass from ESR just behind pepe then saka with some bad first touch all today counters should've resulted us hitting the target and we failed apart from one. Vital this improve because will mean more goals more 3 points not being pressure to defend leads for 45+ minutes
This is happening far too often now, I understand they are young but we've had a lot of young players in the Wenger era, and passes/touches like these wouldn't be accepted no matter the age. I think Saka didn't really expect the ball but that pass from ESR was dreadful, you expect better at the u18 level ffs

TriniGunner

This is happening far too often now, I understand they are young but we've had a lot of young players in the Wenger era, and passes/touches like these wouldn't be accepted no matter the age. I think Saka didn't really expect the ball but that pass from ESR was dreadful, you expect better at the u18 level ffs

What amazes me is when we're in the final 3rd, we can't get the BASICS right. Passing, movement off the ball and improvisation. These are things that shouldn't be coached as a professional footballer.

TriniGunner

The team looks better with him up front, I've been saying that since we won that away game at West Brom last season.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
A lot of personalities can come through via the way some supporters see a game of football IMO. For example, a lot feel today’s win was a slog, and we were maybe undeserving of a win- maybe these people tend to be more pessimistic.

For me, I saw A LOT of positives. Defensively we were nothing short of excellent. Bar one or two hairy moments we defended astutely and dealt well with everything Burnley had to offer. Gabriel was superb.

I also see a lot of attacking potential in this team. Ødegaard is just a beautiful technician. ESR has exceptional movement off the ball. Saka despite being out of form is just a star. Auba will always be able to find the back of the net. Pepe can be deadly when in the mood.

We should’ve beaten Norwich a lot more comfortably and it was the same for Burnley today. Had we been a touch sharper in the final third we’d have won handily.

Positive signs for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom