• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

jato

Our expected goals agains the most limited football team in the league was 1.10. Of the 5 teams Burnley played this season we created the least by far and has way lower xg goals against them. There is no two ways about it. our attack is completely dead and there is no indication this will improve anytime soon

It would have been higher if our attacking players weren't so poor. Saka had two really good chances to get in on goal but had two heavy first touches, our counter attacks absolutely suck whether it's the players making the runs or poor decision making. Saka also used to take on players which would open up the space but he hasn't done much of that lately too.

Our attack is completely dead cos Arteta's tactics suck but the players also make it worse e.g. it's made worse by the way Auba plays as he isn't as much of a hold up player that helps bring the midfield into play as much or players not taking on other players or sharp passes in between the lines.

You also have the slow build up play from the back which means it's easier for Burnley to get into formation and park the bus - it's why you see White even if he wants to progress it....everyone in front of him is static or marked and he has no where else to pass it to but backwards or sideways.

With teams like Burnley that play with two banks of 4, you need have Laca up front imo. Whereas other teams you can switch back to Auba leading the line. Problem is Arteta is wedded to Laca leaving so won't play him because he isn't in his future plans.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Our expected goals agains the most limited football team in the league was 1.10. Of the 5 teams Burnley played this season we created the least by far and has way lower xg goals against them. There is no two ways about it. our attack is completely dead and there is no indication this will improve anytime soon
We can't create chances if the manager decides to park the bus for the majority of the game. I was so excited with the lineup but Pepe and Saka ended up defending 90% of the game, and that is on the manager no matter what technical mistakes they did

Haphazard

The problem with Arteta's overcoaching is that a lot of attacking instinct is taken away, half the time these players look like they don't expect a quick through ball or creating space because our build up is so slow and ponderous that we need a perfect pass to create a goal scoring chance, a chance created via a deflection,quick counter,through ball and our players look unprepared.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I said before we can't keep grind out results it won't work every game specially if teams have more ruthless Frontline.

It's only matter of time before it's click again but we doing alot of things wrong. Wrong decisions weak passes and movements are sometimes wrong and not fooling defenders. Maybe our guys just try to not rush everything today was rush and players not get thier head up before making decisions.

Its Arteta's coaching, its far too stiff for a free flowing attack.

He will either be forced to adjust his coaching style, or bad results will get him sacked.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its Arteta's coaching, its far too stiff for a free flowing attack.

He will either be forced to adjust his coaching style, or bad results will get him sacked.
I can think of that too but it's not his fault that pepe need 3 touches to sort himself or saka first touch is dire or ESR shot so weak or not passing properly. Arteta coaching is strict but plsyers must do better in these situations because it's up to them.

SA Gunner

I can think of that too but it's not his fault that pepe need 3 touches to sort himself or saka first touch is dire or ESR shot so weak or not passing properly. Arteta coaching is strict but plsyers must do better in these situations because it's up to them.

No, its up to the coach to get the best out of them, and to put them into positions where they can deliver more.

We dont sack players, we sack a coach. Furthermore ask yourself why we see the very same players perform completely differently under a different manager. A recent example is Chelsea.

I think you will understand this nonsense on display once you see a proper manager and setup at the club again, and these very same players playing properly.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
No, its up to the coach to get the best out of them, and to put them into positions where they can deliver more.

We dont sack players, we sack a coach. Furthermore ask yourself why we see the very same players perform completely differently under a different manager. A recent example is Chelsea.

I think you will understand this nonsense on display once you see a proper manager and setup at the club again, and these very same players playing properly.
Who's going to make the right call in hiring such a manager?

SA Gunner

Who's going to make the right call in hiring such a manager?

The million dollar question.

I think we are being held hostage by an absent owner in Stan and a likely "present" owner in Josh who is tied up in the Arteta/Edu project.

I can bet you that when we finally get our act together, and bring in actual quality football directorship and first team management, these current "Arteta ins" will still defend this nonsense on display at the moment and speak of it as a missed opportunity or something.

Simply put.... there is no other manager in the world that would get so much money and going on 2 years with nearly zero improvement on the field of play.

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Chelsea really is the perfect example. How many Arsenal fans would've been happy with signing the likes of Alonso or Jorginho a year ago? It's near enough certain they wouldn't be performing the way they are right now if they where in our side.

SA Gunner

Chelsea really is the perfect example. How many Arsenal fans would've been happy with signing the likes of Alonso or Jorginho a year ago? It's near enough certain they wouldn't be performing the way they are right now if they where in our side.

Yes, and Arteta is basically a carbon copy of Lampard.

Its understandable to me how some on here even wish for poor results to get this rookie out, because its unbelievable how a club like ours would invest so heavily in a student.

Imagine putting to @yousif_arsenal for example that John Terry is available to coach us, because he worked with Dean Smith at Villa who really had the Villians playing some good football last season. I'm sure you would hear his laughter all the way from Italy in response.

We all got duped by this appointment. Sure things werent exactly as they are now... but this was a mistake IMO.

BIoodBrother

I cant believe that no one is writing about Lokonga, the undisputed man of the match and signing of the transfer window!
He came on when everyone around him was doing this thing, where we're starting to play hobbling passes around our box under almost no pressure and when Partey (he does that) loses the plot and brought calm and presence like a 30yr old Maestro.
Always available, so confident and silky that he has this rare thing that the opponent rather stands off because he knows how technically gifted you are, that its better to keep position and block passing options in order not to be bypassed by a touch or quick pass.
His chest up, he completely bossed the last half hour, made Partey look like his understudy, won even the headers and orchestrated an otherwise nervous wreck of a team in the build up.
Smooth silky polished diamond of a player.

When you consider that Tavares is only one year younger which seems the excuse to be a red hot headed player that can crazily run around and shoot like an ego driven child would. The 21yr old Lokonga is my captain at this club. No wonder he was the Captain at Anderlecht.

Ødegaard deserves special praise too for standing up in team that lacks order and hirarchy.
Smith Rowe for his dynamism (a quality Arteta negates) and bursting runs on and off the ball.
Gabriel and the defense from minute 15 onward for composure at most times.
Ramsdale for bravery and distribution.

The front three can go to hell tho (for the third time in a row).
No clue if Sakas and Aubas fear of injury or first touch are worse.
Pepe lets Taylor run on a simple 1-2 in the 92nd minute like brainfart, but was still the best from the three attackers, as he won multiple ground duels and headers.
Those two clean thru chances in the second half when Pepe underhit an easy pass to Auba and Auba later overhit one for Pepe is symptomatic of what happens when you play coward football and get no feeling and flow during the match.

Tomiyasus last game was better as he gifted the ball to Cornet in the box close to the end and he played many passes too short but still is on my positive side for tonight, for positioning and discipline.

Artetas handbreak football is not enough with these technical gifted players.
His idea of offensive discipline is the complication of translating thoughts into play.
If one player isnt in the perfect position, the one on the ball seems to become insecure and tends to play too save, too slow. We cant have that against the two worst teams in the league and were lucky to get away with 6pts.

I cant believe that no one is writing about Lokonga, the undisputed man of the match and signing of the transfer window!
He came on when everyone around him was doing this thing, where we're starting to play hobbling passes around our box under almost no pressure and when Partey (he does that) loses the plot and brought calm and presence like a 30yr old Maestro.
Always available, so confident and silky that he has this rare thing that the opponent rather stands off because he knows how technically gifted you are, that its better to keep position and block passing options in order not to be bypassed by a touch or quick pass.
His chest up, he completely bossed the last half hour, made Partey look like his understudy, won even the headers and orchestrated an otherwise nervous wreck of a team in the build up.

When you consider that Tavares is only one year younger which seems the excuse to be a red hot headed player that can crazily run around and shoot like an ego driven child would. The 21yr old Lokonga is my captain at this club. No wonder he was the Captain at Anderlecht.

Ødegaard deserves special praise too for standing up in team that lacks order and hirarchy.
Smith Rowe for his dynamism (a quality Arteta negates) and bursting runs on and off the ball.

Pepe lets Taylor run on a simple 1-2 in the 92nd minute like brainfart, but was still the best from the three attackers, as he won multiple ground duels and headers.
Those two clean thru chances in the second half when Pepe underhit an easy pass to Auba and Auba later overhit one for Pepe is symptomatic of what happens when you play coward football and get no feeling and flow during the match.

Tomiyasus last game was better as he gifted the ball to Cornet in the box close to the end and he played many passes too short but still is on my positive side for tonight, for positioning and discipline.

His idea of offensive discipline is the complication of translating thoughts into play.
If one player isnt in the perfect position, the one on the ball seems to become insecure and tends to play too save, too slow. We cant have that against the two worst teams in the league and were lucky to get away with 6pts.
I did a video to highlight my Lokonga MOTM claim :)

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yes, and Arteta is basically a carbon copy of Lampard.

Its understandable to me how some on here even wish for poor results to get this rookie out, because its unbelievable how a club like ours would invest so heavily in a student.

Imagine putting to @yousif_arsenal for example that John Terry is available to coach us, because he worked with Dean Smith at Villa who really had the Villians playing some good football last season. I'm sure you would hear his laughter all the way from Italy in response.

The thing with Lampard is a great comparison as well. Had already coached at Derby, wasn't brilliant there but did ok. Did a great job in his first season at Chelsea, using primarily younger players with the transfer ban, getting top 4.

Poor run in his 2nd season and no ****ing about, he's out the door. That was a bonafide club legend as well. This management game is cut throat these days though. I think people get too misty eyed expecting every coach to be here for years, "they need time" etc. Barring the Wenger/Fergie's of the world, football has never been like that.

Standing by Arteta during that horrific run last season has set us back by at least 2 seasons already.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I still regret not being able to score another goal or 2 over Burnley, we could have easily won 2/3-0 if our players could touch & finish properly.

On a positive on the other hand though, look at our defence with this new backline compared to our previous 3, Ramsdale in goals with Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel & Tierney. Compared to our 1st 3 of Leno, Chambers/Cedric, Holding, Mari & Tierney. Look how much more confident & safe these guys seem together right now. We've got to keep these blokes together as much as possible.

BIoodBrother

I made a video of every Sambi touch to underline my motm claim

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we had these blokes against Brentford it may well have been a 0-0 draw, that 2nd goal from the long throw in we may not have been conceded. We probably wouldn't have lost that heavily too City either.

If we had Leno & Mari last night, the keeper may not have even bothered to check the VAR as those 2 may not have had the guts to come up as a unit & convince him too look again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure new managers imo will make the current Frontline better the youngsters will only improve guys like Saka ESR and even Martinelli it only matter of time for them to get back to thier form but laca pepe and auba this is thier maximum ability next summer it's obvious we'll have to refresh that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It was the pitch/grass which made us miss all those important passes, making them not travel as long distance.

But how come Arsenal players aren't ready for such trickery?

Arteta:

on Kieran Tierney's substitution...
"He had a problem and he was cramping. The pitch was pretty difficult today. It was long and it was pretty warm to be playing here and some players suffered in the last 10 or 15 minutes."

White:

"It was a tough one...my heart skipped for a second, it was really really dry out there today, the pass back didn’t get there at all and luckily Aaron was there to save me."

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

It was the pitch/grass which made us miss all those important passes, making them not travel as long distance.

But how come Arsenal players aren't ready for such trickery?

Arteta:

on Kieran Tierney's substitution...
"He had a problem and he was cramping. The pitch was pretty difficult today. It was long and it was pretty warm to be playing here and some players suffered in the last 10 or 15 minutes."

White:

"It was a tough one...my heart skipped for a second, it was really really dry out there today, the pass back didn’t get there at all and luckily Aaron was there to save me."

Excuses 24/7.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

You are wasting your time. Yousif will defend Arteta until he has been sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom