• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Excuses 24/7.
I don't care if they're excuses or not, but everyone and their dog saw yesterday that our many of our attacks went haywire because of the pitch and that our players couldn't adjust to it.

That should have been something we're ready to deal with. It shouldn't come as a surprise that Burnley will do something like that.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Was at the Goodwood Revival yesterday; nice goal, looks like I missed nothing else. NLD shaping up to be an interesting one…

Tom Mix

Can Burnley finally go away this season, please?

Feel the only worse team than them is Norwich, so relegation could happen :pray:
If these are the two worst teams where does that leave a team which scrapes 1-0 wins off both of them?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The problem with Arteta's overcoaching is that a lot of attacking instinct is taken away, half the time these players look like they don't expect a quick through ball or creating space because our build up is so slow and ponderous that we need a perfect pass to create a goal scoring chance, a chance created via a deflection,quick counter,through ball and our players look unprepared.
Honestly he has taken out all freedom from the players. he thinks he is so smart and can control the flow of the game and make decisions for everyone. This is all about his arrogance and there is nobody telling him to leave the players alone. Ole is the oppsite and want his players to have all the freedom. Both are wrongs, but Oles is still better because he is giving his players too much freedom.

Legend14

Established Member
If these are the two worst teams where does that leave a team which scrapes 1-0 wins off both of them?
+ 6 points up in the table.

Don’t overthink it. All PL teams can play football. You have to earn it each week.

Hopefully we can play better and better as the season progresses.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I finally watched the game. Not a lot to say except that poor touches are what stick in my mind. The attack is still blunt and despite spending big, I'm not sure we have the personnel or manager to improve it. It was a good physical test that we withstood and hopefully we have confidence gor the cup game in midweek. @Hunta was right. I shouldn't have bothered watching.

Tom Mix

+ 6 points up in the table.

Don’t overthink it. All PL teams can play football. You have to earn it each week.

Hopefully we can play better and better as the season progresses.
5th most expensive squad, W2 D0 L3 with -7 goal difference after five games, two narrow wins against relegation candidates, let's not underthink it either. Let's beat a few better teams before we start getting smug about being 13th in the table.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Had we made better decisions going forward we would have put another 2 goals past Burnley. That's the concerning thing for me with Arteta - he's had ages to coordinate proper attacking moves with our attacking players and we're still effing up counters, making wrong passes etc.

Legend14

Established Member
5th most expensive squad, W2 D0 L3 with -7 goal difference after five games, two narrow wins against relegation candidates, let's not underthink it either. Let's beat a few better teams before we start getting smug about being 13th in the table.
Not sure who is being smug. Just a strange word to apply to an Arsenal fan nowadays.

Its too soon to panic given players have been out in the first three matches.

We’ll know where we stand before the next window.

Tom Mix

Not sure who is being smug. Just a strange word to apply to an Arsenal fan nowadays.

Its too soon to panic given players have been out in the first three matches.

We’ll know where we stand before the next window.
I am meaning we cannot be satisfied because we've won two games against lowly opposition when we have lost three games, including one against a newly-promoted team with meagre resources and a thrashing.

Our squad is big and expensive enough to have been able to beat Brentford comfortably with what we had on the pitch but, on the other hand, would probably have lost the other two games we lost anyway. And neither of our two victories was convincing despite the opposition.

Not sure about panic, but the fact the team is underperforming should be a cause for concern because the reasons aren't clear to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom