• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | May 12, 2019 | 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Stop torturing yourselves over missed opportunities. The truth is, Chelsea and especially Sp**s were just as bad down the stretch and each squandered games they should have won. As I said before, I can't recall a season when four teams did so much to try to avoid finishing in the top 4. United had it in their own hands at one point as well, then fell apart.

Arsenal just needs to win the Europa League, get back into the Champions League and do a lot of work in the summer. Hopefully a year from now Arsenal will be comfortably secure in the top 4 and it won't be an issue.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We didn't get top 4 because of the mistakes from our own players we are leading the PL with mistakes that leading to a goal against us. 13.

rockofcashel

We conceded 51 goals this season that another reason for us not finishing top 4

That is the reason.. and unless its sorted we wont get top 4 next year either..

Liverpool a few years ago were scoring for fun too and getting nowhere.. because they were leaking like a sieve.. 50 points pissed away in draws and defeats..how many were down to crazy defending?

Go right back to game 2 v Chelsea.. back to 2 all, then lose the game.. there enough for CL

Getting level at Southampton and blowing it

Letting United equalise twice.. defensive mistake after mistake..

Sort that out or forget challenging for anything

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
As I said before, I can't recall a season when four teams did so much to try to avoid finishing in the top 4.
Yet posters have been saying it’s been the toughest top4 race ever. It actually hasn’t. It’s been one of the easiest in many ways, teams going for 3rd and 4th trying to give it away.

Hardest top 2 ever definitely.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Third highest scorers but absolute trash at the back. Kos' late return,injuries to Hector and Holding and inadequate cover beyond that did for us.
Yes we scored 72 goals in the league that's mean offensively even the lack of width we are in good position. Meanwhile defensively is really awful we have to do something

Mohamed7

Look fair enough, that goal would have changed many other variables that followed, in terms of games, etc.

Not scientific fact but that moment was going to take the point away from Sp**s and give two to us. When you look at the table its hard not to see Auba's penalty miss staring you in the face.
Sp**s would not have settled for the draw today if it meant them missing out on top four.

Why do you look at that match? Why not Brighton & Palace at home? We would have been well clear and in fact in third had we won those...

If, could, would, etc... Don't matter. At the end of the day, we did not and for me I blame 100% the defense tactically and player wise. We let in so many needless goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom