• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Saturday, March 6 | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,603
  • Views 55,702

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes as long as we're 100% in and out of possession there's really no need for Mikel to overthink this one by being too tactical.

Nevertheless its never easy up at Turf Moor regardless of whose in charge. Burnley 0-2 Arsenal.
Nowhere near as bad as when fans are there bro.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
No excuses here. Burnley will be knackered after playing Wednesday, a hard fought Leicester duel, and the 4-0 thrashing on Sunday. 3rd game inside a week ffs.

No defensive stuff here, they’re well below us in the league. Just go out and make a bold statement Mikel. Even Mourinho let his dudes off the leash against these cloggers. 0-3

Just realised it was their third game in a week. Tragic scheduling again by the Premier League and will no doubt have an effect on their small squad. Really no excuses from our point of view

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Shame my boy @Furious isnt around for the Willian Renaissance. I remember it was me, my dog @Jury and @Furious who’ve backed samba at the carpet since day 1.
Furious... Really? I’d never have guessed he was a fellow Willian gimp... I think as long as the teams level stays where it is, we should see him in his best light. Looks like he’s joined the partey though. Nobody could ever say he wasn’t a quality footballer—it was more whether he gives a **** any more. If he’s wearing boot cut jeans, I don’t think there’s any reason to think he’s given up.

BIoodBrother

Pepe and Ødegaard really seemed to have chemistry on Sunday.
Exchanged lots of one twos.

Still think Arteta will want to control posession in this one and will start Willi and Saka.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Im interested to see if Artera will go with same 11 and save Partey Saka Auba against Olympiakos and Sp**s

Iceman10

Established Member
Pepe should be starting this one, with Cedric or Tierney behind him, whichever flank he plays.

If Arteta doesn’t start Pepe it will show Arteta isn’t learning anything about playing “low block” where you need good dribbling and take-ons in the overall attacking mix, not complaining that you couldn’t thread the needle to the CF with playmakers. It requires Pepe on one flank, Saka/Martinelli on the other flank, with one of Ødegaard/ESR for #10.

If Arteta starts both Ødegaard + ESR, struggles to penetrate the Burnley backline, and then moans that we dominated possession and were unlucky it will show lack of evolution as he goes along. Just saying that we will learn a lot based on Arteta’s selection choices for AM, especially with the week off prior and lingering tiredness for individual players not supposed to be an issue for this one.

I’m a bit more forgiving on the whole Bellerin thing (drop him or not because his market value does have to be maintained, and it might be a good idea to save Tierney for the EL tie, so I can see reasonable thought processes either way for this one, but if Bellerin starts then Pepe should maintain his good pairing with Cedric on the left.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Relatively injury free? As of last game majority of players on form? I can’t wait to see what new and unusual way we will mess this up :lol: The boss is spoilt for choice really.

He should throw a curveball and start Martinelli. The kid will be champing at the bit like a mistreated pitbull during a heatwave.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Matchday! Dyche will no doubt be licking his chops at the prospect of being the first Burnely manager to ever do the double against Arsenal ina very long time.

We must disabuse him of the knowledge that this will no longer be an easy thing to consider.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Odds on Willian starting? 1/12 ( that means extremely likely before you @ me because you can't read odds)

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Burnley are absolutely terrible btw.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Odds on Willian starting? 1/12 ( that means extremely likely before you @ me because you can't read odds)

Of course he should be starting, he deserves it.

Willian-Ødegaard-Saka should be our three behind Auba today. Reward good performances!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom