• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Saturday, March 6 | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,603
  • Views 55,706

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Check

Have you noticed Pepe plays much better when he’s playing regularly and he thinks the manager and club have confidence in him? Many have, but our manager hasn’t.
I get that players need confidence and I think he should play more than Willian just because he is better than Willian, but confidence is not an excuse or reason to miss easy chances like he did today. We want to be a top 4 team again, the least you have to do is finishing easy chances like his first chance today. He couldn't even hit the ball ffs. That has nothing to do with confidence imo. Mahrez for example is also in and out the team, I'm sure he would've buried that chance.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only mikel mistake is taking Odergaard off its stopped us going forward and pepe should have came earlier. But honestly this game should be done at HT too many cute finishes being not ruthless.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
How are people blaming Mikel for this? We created so many chances before their goal. And later in 2nd half as well. And the goal is definitely not on him. I know it's ifs and buts still if xhaka didn't have his braindead moment we would have continued to dominate. Can't fault him for picking xhaka too. Ceballos is even worse.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That was one of the worst managerial performances since Arteta took over:

1. Playing a team which had played a difficult game three days ago whilst we were rested, he failed to rotate the squad despite knowing we had three season defining games coming up in a few days.
2. Having taken an early lead he encouraged the team to sit back and play the ball at the back which led to the equaliser
3. Whatever he said at half-time did not work, we were much worse in the second-half.
4. Failed to respond to the changed dynamic.
5. Kept Saka on the pitch (he shouldn't even have started) with a yellow and was lucky he didn't get sent off.
6. Failed to bring on Martinelli who unlike Willian - who Arteta was dying to start as soon as he offered something but mostly reverted to type today - must be in his bad books and must now be thinking of leaving.

Yes we should have had a penalty, but a penalty isn't automatically scored so that's not excuse. Yes, Xhaka and Leno screwed up for the goal but who has instructed them to play that way? Why didnt he think of actually resting Xhaka for once anyway?

Pathetic. In a couple of weeks I may be in the Arteta out camp.
But more importantly our football is ponderous ffs. There’s no speed or snap to it.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Amused at all the Arteta hate when we created many chances with our “dull” style, and their goal was a ricochet off a bad pass. Can Arteta do better? Absolutely, however players need to convert those sitters, simple as. Let’s hope the players step up to the challenge against Olympiacos. Arteta will certainly get better, but the players need better composure too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We drew in large part because the manager's pet who clearly is not good enough made yet another error leading to a goal which he leads the league in since joining the club. Being the manager means being accountable. This team under Arteta is prone to mistakes and red cards. If a manager is not accountable for performance then how do we judge them?
What other choices we have Xhaka Partey is our balanced midfield

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's not about getting the points anymore, the season was over ages ago, it's about seeing why Mikel should be in charge next season and he's proving time and time again why he shouldn't be.

Aside from 3 games it's been absolute dog sh*t football all season and we're still seeing the same.

It seems like people want to throw away another season.

No CL in 2022/2023 imo if we still have Arteta next season - quote me on this.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is this really on Arteta. Tough imo.
Much as I’d love to say yes, there’s not much he could do about the Pepe and Saka misses, the two handballs and the Xhaka brain fart.

What I find frustrating about him though is how long he takes to go for the jugular and his lack of trust in direct players.

Willian should’ve come off for Pepe at half time.

Kav

Established Member
Got an assist. He did his job but was let down by others.

Taylor Swift Hair Flip GIF by MOODMAN
That wasn’t even a proper assist. Auba did all the work. Lol. Talk about clutching at straws.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

One can also hope this is the final nail in that most idiotic of football philosophies : playing out from the back.

It's never served us well & I sincerely doubt it ever will.

Moah

We started to go for it when Pepe came on.

He was literally the best player of the second half. He should have won a penalty, yeah he missed a sitter but nearly converted a wonderful half volley which was cleared of the line.

The only way we could have won the game was through him but it wasn't our day.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We started so well today. Saka should have made it 2-0 of course but we almost seem hesitant to go for the kill when we have a team there for the taking which always costs us. Signs where there last part of the first half when we started backing off them. Do that far too often for it not to be a tactical plan.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Just a bad day of football. I still think Burnley out worked us and thats the difference. You have to make your own luck and we were lazy in all aspects.
Burnley were beaten at 0-1. Another goal and it would have been about managing the size of the defeat for them.

Lack of ambition and individual mistakes let them back into the game.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Look at Chelsea, look at the diffence since Tuchels came in, same players but has them playing some very good, winning football. This blind faith in Arteta is going to hold us back for years to come.
It's not going to hold us back, it's going to drop us to the floor. Look at the slide down the table

Wengysaurus

We are an afterthought for the Kroenkes. Something on their portfolio of investments. Will continue to drift aimlessly with performances like this. Need fresh impetus at the top and will transmit down throughout the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom