• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Saturday, March 6 | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,603
  • Views 55,711

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The issue is what managers are currently available to replace Arteta?

If we hire another bum manager like Emery or Arteta then the club will stick by him like they’re currently doing.

Vinai and Edu are going to come out at the end of the season and use COVID as an excuse for our dreadful season.

:lol:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
just played a bit fast towards the end .. never carried menace till then.. mid table mentality and slow scared passing

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What other choices we have Xhaka Partey is our balanced midfield
It's not my job to find solutions. I don't get paid to do that. Arteta does. One would think that he could find a better one than continually putting an error prone player in position to make errors. Maybe he'd have more options at his disposal if he didn't alienate so many players. 🤷‍♂️

Kav

Established Member
I get that players need confidence and I think he should play more than Willian just because he is better than Willian, but confidence is not an excuse or reason to miss easy chances like he did today. We want to be a top 4 team again, the least you have to do is finishing easy chances like his first chance today. He couldn't even hit the ball ffs. That has nothing to do with confidence imo. Mahrez for example is also in and out the team, I'm sure he would've buried that chance.
He missed one chance not chances.

Secondly he should have gotten the penalty call against Pieters and Pieters then saved his on target volley.
Stop making it sound like he missed a bunch of chances. He did more in the 20 minute cameo than all the other players on the pitch.

Saka also missed a very clear chance but I don’t hear you on his case. So did Chris wood. Players miss chances. It’s not the end of the world.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No, that is clear, but with us not scoring freely we cannot concede unnecessary goals like this. No defending Xhaka and his constant mistakes every season.

But we should be scoring freely. We're in good form, we have better players than them. They should be able to score 2-3 goals. Sp*rs put 4 past them. Xhaka is a ***** and it's clear that he will never eradicate stupid mistakes from his game, but we dropped 2 points cos of him AND all the other players who strolled around in the 1st half as if we'd won the league already.

Kav

Established Member
Taylor Swift Lol GIF by The Voice

You Willian haters are so funny
I actually like Willian as a player. I am just objective. That wasn’t a proper assist just like the one from the previous game. I unlike some can be honest in my assessment.

Legend14

Established Member
Burnley were beaten at 0-1. Another goal and it would have been about managing the size of the defeat for them.

Lack of ambition and individual mistakes let them back into the game.
They were not beaten at 1-0; Arsenal played as if they were. They do not have a killer instinct.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I get that players need confidence and I think he should play more than Willian just because he is better than Willian, but confidence is not an excuse or reason to miss easy chances like he did today. We want to be a top 4 team again, the least you have to do is finishing easy chances like his first chance today. He couldn't even hit the ball ffs. That has nothing to do with confidence imo. Mahrez for example is also in and out the team, I'm sure he would've buried that chance.
Mahrez is playing for the best team in the land. Pepe can’t even get into a mid table side.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hmm I always preface with the fact that I'm not an "arteta supporter" but we honestly did deserve to win.

We hit the frame of the goal twice, I think we should've had a penalty and we were buzzing before Xhaka gave up a gift. We then looked good again towards the end of the 2nd half.

That said, I honestly just don't get it with Willian. Really, like Pepe offers so much more and on the whole he's starting to make the right decisions in terms of passing and moving instead of just trying to dribble past 5 players yet I always get the feeling that Arteta just prefers Willian.

Edit: And the xG stats back it up: Burnley 1.10 - 2.54 Arsenal

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I really don’t like the interaction between refs and VAR. It seems that the latter won’t overturn anything other than blatantly wrong decisions, even when viewed objectively, as today, the ref clearly has got it wrong.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Still can’t understand how the the first one isn’t ****ing handball..**** me

Apparently 'proximity'. Total nonsense. If you handled it on the goal line to stop a goal from that proximity it'd be given as a red card and penalty. Pepe touches the ball to take it past him and create an opportunity to score, the player stops that happening by using his hand. Textbook definition of a handball basically.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
So according to many on here - When we lose games its the players fault? But when we win games Arteta deserves credit for it? Okay, cool.
**** fans, simple as that. It's the players fault even if Leno makes an amazing one on one save, after the worst attack in the league destroy Mikel's "great" defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom