• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Saturday, March 6 | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,603
  • Views 55,580

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mirrorstare

I agree the lack of creating clear cut chances is a concern, which is why these nearly moments in the final third become even more crucial.

Indeed, but this means we shouldn't place so much blame on the finishers if the chances aren't that good, and we shouldn't believe we played superbly because we managed to get a touch near the goal in an awkward position and nothing came out of it (which is why xG is not really that reliable, even if it's the best we have atm)

In other words, we should have learnt the lesson from back then when we were calling Aubameyang Özil 2.0 for failing to score the nothing header he could get per game.

Reactions: A_G

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Can’t really blame Arteta for this one. The reverse fixture we were a different shade of ****e unable to create a single chance and lost deservedly. A brainfart cost us ultimately and we did play some good football with some awful finishing (looking at you Saka). Needs to practise finishing ruthlessly this week.

At least we created chances against a Defensively solid team. Need to now put Olympiakos to the sword. I’d have hated us to have won this game and then put in a lackadaisical performance on Thursday due to losing focus. No chance of complacency now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Leno with another mistake.
Fam literally the whole of this forum were against the signing of Suarez for ethical reasons, my boy @GDeep™ got demoted to the lobby because he was in favour of the move.

That was my peak posting i think, I had the whole forum on their knees crying over nothing, just because I said Suarez is the master of the dark arts etc.

That, and my posting on Wenger which has been maybe the best ever seen on any internet platform.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think it’s scandalous I’m not trusted thinking about it.

Arsène and the (Brazilian) Ronaldo don't have Champions League medals, despite being bigger than the sport itself...think the same applies to you on here.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I’m pretty sure these matches are more ‘scripted’ than most people think. More than ref-inadequacy I think it is instruction by the refs-association and FA to manage certain matches and teams in a certain way. This season with VAR that has become even more obvious than ever. And clearly we are a victim of that.

Apart from that, yes Xhaka can be a ***** and we miss a billion chances before we score. So we could still have won this. But we’ll always remain a bit-part player in this league until corruption is taken out of the game.

C0402DA7-0098-488E-B046-9DC9510F2E2A.jpeg

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the exact goal we'd have scored if Xhaka didn't give it away. Willian would've been the one finishing it too. Fine margins!

Scottish_Gooner.

Woke up still absolutely raging. Another match has gone, more dropped points. Not taking chances and silly individual errors has cost us again. It's becoming a joke now. Sick of repeating the same things but this falls down on the players. So many bang average players in this team. You can't play for Arsenal and make mistakes every week, simply not acceptable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Woke up still absolutely raging. Another match has gone, more dropped points. Not taking chances and silly individual errors has cost us again. It's becoming a joke now. Sick of repeating the same things but this falls down on the players. So many bang average players in this team. You can't play for Arsenal and make mistakes every week, simply not acceptable.
Most of the players are signed, loaned, extended, kept by Arteta and the current regime. Up to 15 I think.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The three points were lost in the period between our goal and the Xhaka error.

They were clearly on the ropes, positionally all over the place but we spent a large amount of the half strolling around with barely more urgency than a pre season friendly.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The three points were lost in the period between our goal and the Xhaka error.

They were clearly on the ropes, positionally all over the place but we spent a large amount of the half strolling around with barely more urgency than a pre season friendly.
If he doesn't make that stupid error, it would be 1-nil

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That assistant fella was at United with LVG. A lot of United fans reckon they played their worst football then. 🧐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom