• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

Multipass

Was saying to @Trilly on FaceTime that this isn’t just about getting a win here, it’s all about a win + top performance. If we go into the NLD with a bad 1-0win or loss/draw it’s absolute curtains for Mikel.

He’ll lose the players after this and we’ll get rolled vs Sp**s imo.

Have to go into the Sp**s game with the mentality that we’re a top team.
And I was saying to my mum on msn messenger that a win is a win, and away from home the result is more important than the performance. Potentially over half of the starting eleven is now new to the team and arteta will not lose their confidence so soon especially if he gets a second win on the trot here.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Top punditry.
And I was saying to my mum on msn messenger that a win is a win, and away from home the result is more important than the performance. Potentially over half of the starting eleven is now new to the team and arteta will not lose their confidence so soon especially if he gets a second win on the trot here.

I think you’ve lied to your mum then. I was writing to @Hunta on a letter that right now we need a top performance. You say they are ‘new team’ but Saka, Auba, Pepe, Ødegaard, Partey, Gabriel and KT are all bedded in etc, more than half the team.

Managers can get top performances out of new teams, that isn’t something crazy. We absolutely need to see it.

Multipass

I think you’ve lied to your mum then. I was writing to @Hunta on a letter that right now we need a top performance. You say they are ‘new team’ but Saka, Auba, Pepe, Ødegaard, Partey, Gabriel and KT are all bedded in etc, more than half the team.

Managers can get top performances out of new teams, that isn’t something crazy. We absolutely need to see it.
I agree we need a top performance. I just don’t think with the new players the group will turn after a poor win.

But I’m with you, it’s time for a real dominant performance against what is a mediocre team. I’d like to be able to respond to my wife with a “yes” when she asks was it worth waking up in the middle of the night to watch arsenal this week. 🙏

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I agree we need a top performance. I just don’t think with the new players the group will turn after a poor win.

But I’m with you, it’s time for a real dominant performance against what is a mediocre team. I’d like to be able to respond to my wife with a “yes” when she asks was it worth waking up in the middle of the night to watch arsenal this week. 🙏

They won’t turn, but I can see the older guys doing it, once a few do it’s a domino effect.

For me today’s huge, we’ll see though. Hopefully your wife gets the right response. Also I’d keep personal stuff like that on AM, I mentioned my girlfriends a few times and some of the replies in my DM’s are scary. Few main culprits on here.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Is it any more risky than continuing with what we've been going with? 3 defeats on the bounce to start the season, a system which saw Burnley do the double over us last season in any case, surely it's actually more risky to go into this game with the same system again where we'll be predictable and Burnley already know what they're dealing with. I don't see it as that risky at all, I think our chances of losing the game decrease with this approach purely because the 4-2-3-1 with two holders makes it incredibly easy for Burnley's two banks of four at least with two high 8's it gives them far more to worry about assuming there isn't some catch and who knows with Arteta I'm sure he could still find a way to restrict them. I'm honestly expecting us to drop points if we go with 4-2-3-1 so, and this is just my thinking, changing it up to be more offensive and creative is the complete opposite of risky.
I like that thinking. We won't know until it's been tried for a few times but at least it would be something different. I think that Lokonga / Partey has the potential to be more progressive from midfield as well, even if that's the way we go.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Got a feeling we’ll click today, confident, succulent performance incoming.

3/4 nil with a Tomiyasu masterclass

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wonder if Arsenal have ever had a goal difference of -8 in the whole history of the club?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
2011-2012, similar start to the season

And we ended up having a pretty decent year that season.

That's why it's important for the players to not give up, as a bad start doesn't always mean a bad end...we won't get Champions League this season though, but Europa is definitely gettable.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

11/12 after three games under Arsène Wenger we had a -8 GD. Thoughts on that, Nigel?
After 3 games you say, ah well our Mikel was -9 after 3 games. And he won’t come 3rd ahead of Sp**s and Chelsea at the end of the season, smart arse. :lol:

That’s what a reliable manager does.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Football 365 speculating about Arsenal using a 4-3-3 for the match today with Ødegaard & ESR as attacking 8's.

What do we think about that? It's risky but would be lovely if the players gel together. Burnley are definitely the team to try it against if we do against anyone. It would basically be ESR for Lokonga in the team.

Arteta is the "boy who cried 4-3-3", at this point.

He's talked about doing it a few times, but he will ever actually use that formation as manager I reckon.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Merely answering your question, Nigel. I’m here to help. 👮‍♂️
:lol: Ah, after predicting a 3/4 win, thought you were in sarcasm mode today, not playing linebacker for our Spanish special one.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
A lot of Arteta propaganda has been flying around the past 24 hours so I’ve started learning some Burnley chants.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Burnley fans must be salivating having Anthony Taylor refereeing...

From the article below: "stats suggest the Manchester official, who had a moment to forget in Tuesday night's Champions League encounter between Dynamo Kyiv and Benfica when he accidentally gave Kyiv midfielder Denys Garmash his marching orders, is not one to hand out cards like confetti and that should lead to a fair, even contest at Turf Moor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom