• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
This is a game for Holding and Gabriel for sure. So drop White or play three at the back. Any threat from Burnley is likely to be aerial. Also due to their physical nature might be an idea to start with Lacazette up front.

I'd start ESR and keep Saka on the bench and only bring him on and Auba if he doesn't start in the second half. They will expect to be dominated so keep it at 0-0 till half time and hit them when they tire.

Amateurish way to look at it.

The idea shouldn’t be to switch personnel to cope better with Burnley’s aerial game. The idea should be to take Burnley’s game plan away from them and render them powerless. That is what a quality side would do. They would keep the ball on the deck, control the game and frustrate the hell out of Burnley.

If Arteta was a good manager he’d see that and do something about it, but then that is what he’d do if he were a good manager.

Tom Mix

Amateurish way to look at it.

The idea shouldn’t be to switch personnel to cope better with Burnley’s aerial game. The idea should be to take Burnley’s game plan away from them and render them powerless. That is what a quality side would do. They would keep the ball on the deck, control the game and frustrate the hell out of Burnley.

If Arteta was a good manager he’d see that and do something about it, but then that is what he’d do if he were a good manager.
We are not a quality side. We were unable to take Norwich's game plan away from them and that was at home.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We are not a quality side. We were unable to take Norwich's game plan away from them and that was at home.
Teams like Norwich used to be a GD booster for us and even with a team that wasn't better than the one we have now we used to batter bottom half teams home and away. I guess we're now the bottom half team and we're at the receiving end of the battering.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Teams like Norwich used to be a GD booster for us and even with a team that wasn't better than the one we have now we used to batter bottom half teams home and away. I guess we're now the bottom half team and we're at the receiving end of the battering.
Our win vs. Burnley was a proper 6 pointer 😭

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How many posters on here managed to go to Arsène's last home game v Burnley?

And which ones were the scumbags, that were stealing other people's "Merci Arsène" shirts, to sell on eBay?
Yeah I’ve got mine, wear it as a comfy stay at home shirt these days but I’ll wear it to our first ever A-M meet up.

I also saw @Macho in the crowd I now realise, he was a grown man wearing a WWE belt. Had to slap him up and take his t shirt.

GoonerJay24

This is a game for Holding and Gabriel for sure. So drop White or play three at the back. Any threat from Burnley is likely to be aerial. Also due to their physical nature might be an idea to start with Lacazette up front.

I'd start ESR and keep Saka on the bench and only bring him on and Auba if he doesn't start in the second half. They will expect to be dominated so keep it at 0-0 till half time and hit them when they tire.

Stupid to continually change the two centrebacks. If Mikel has faith in White-Gabriel then it's best to let them grow together.

LG10

Can see us really struggling here? The days of batting away minnows 5-0 are long gone. Not because the league‘s getting harder mind, but because we’ve sunk like a stone.
When did we do this in the last 10 years :lol:. And what team does this routinely in the league?

LG10

We don’t get bullied in these games anymore, we should win providing the ref isn’t bent.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel we need to go 3 at the back here, to take some of the pressure away from White.

Burnley's only real attack, is constant crosses to their 2 lampposts they have as forwards, gotta give ourselves the best chance to counter that.

Maybe even Holding CB and White RB for this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom