• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Burnley 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, 18th September | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley_FC_logo_crest_logotype.png

vs

images.png

We looked slightly okay against the worse team in the league. Every one keep harping on about our "30 shots" but if you watched the game you can't help but feel that we looked poor for most of the game. Up until last season when they beat us at home 1-0 can't really seem to remember the last time Burnley beat us. Hopefully Arteta doesn't break any new record.

Screenshot-20210912-100550.png

Screenshot-20210912-100628.png

Screenshot-20210912-100653.png

Screenshot-20210912-100706.png

Predicted Lineup

1862685_Arsenal.jpg

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
For all the criticism Burnley take about their style of play we don't play all that much differently to them really, albeit they are on a budget in comparison.

We try and play a bit more possession maybe but at the end of the day both teams aim of the game is to get it into the box. Wood or Barnes would probably be Arteta's dream of a striker :lol:
Surprised he didn't offer Burnley 40 million pound for either of them

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsène played Burnley 13 times, won 11, scored 3 or more goals 6 times.

Unai played them twice and won both.

Arteta's played them 3 times and hasn't won once. Perhaps the league is getting harder.
That had been the 'usual' part for Mikel against Burnley. Hope that record will be ended this Saturday.

Also interesting to know Unai's record against Burnley. When Unai came in, he has won Europa league multiple times. His work with Monchi contributing a a very profitable production line of players for selling to Elite clubs. The Sevilla pair is quite a contrast to Mikel (non-negotiable destroyer) and Edu ("all phone call must go thru me" [*I will ask Kia*]) in terms of team sport and business model. I am sure the duo learned their lessons, but watching Edu's interview fumbling on top4, top6, top10 without an end-of-season target is unbearable.

Back to the game, let's hope Mikel continues to play players to their strength, not to bend them to be fit into his system.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

That had been the 'usual' part for Mikel against Burnley. Hope that record will be ended this Saturday.

Also interesting to know Unai's record against Burnley. When Unai came in, he has won Europa league multiple times. His work with Monchi contributing a a very profitable production line of players for selling to Elite clubs. The Sevilla pair is quite a contrast to Mikel (non-negotiable destroyer) and Edu ("all phone call must go thru me" [*I will ask Kia*]) in terms of team sport and business model. I am sure the duo learned their lessons, but watching Edu's interview fumbling on top4, top6, top10 without an end-of-season target is unbearable.

Back to the game, let's hope Mikel continues to play players to their strength, not to bend them to be fit into his system.

Emery coached Arsenal 3 times against Burnley and won every game.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Hear me out:
Put Ben White in midfield and put Tomiyasu in CB instead. Knowing Burnley, they are going to bypass the midfield for most of the game so this game will 100 per cent be won or lost depending on our CBs. I expect them to try and get as many free kicks and corners as possible. Our front four needs to press their defenders as much as possible. We opened up Norwich numerous times with some clever pressing. I would bench Ødegaard for this bring him on later if things don't go our way. I would also put Pepe out on the left to limit his decision making.

Auba
Pepe-ESR-Saka
Partey-White
Tierney-Gabriel-Tomiyasu-AMN
Ramsdale.

In build up:
Gabriel-White-Tomiyasu
Partey--------------------AMN

That is the 3-2 shape. Similar to how Xhaka drops deep but White does it instead with AMN tucking infield. I have actually thought this through. Or I wouldn't mind us going into a back three to deal with their two big lumps up top.

Auba
ESR-----Pepe
Tierney-Lokonga-Partey-AMN
Gabriel-Tomiyasu-White
Ramsdale

(343)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hear me out:
Put Ben White in midfield and put Tomiyasu in CB instead. Knowing Burnley, they are going to bypass the midfield for most of the game so this game will 100 per cent be won or lost depending on our CBs. I expect them to try and get as many free kicks and corners as possible. Our front four needs to press their defenders as much as possible. We opened up Norwich numerous times with some clever pressing. I would bench Ødegaard for this bring him on later if things don't go our way. I would also put Pepe out on the left to limit his decision making.

Auba
Pepe-ESR-Saka
Partey-White
Tierney-Gabriel-Tomiyasu-AMN
Ramsdale.

In build up:
Gabriel-White-Tomiyasu
Partey--------------------AMN

That is the 3-2 shape. Similar to how Xhaka drops deep but White does it instead with AMN tucking infield. I have actually thought this through. Or I wouldn't mind us going into a back three to deal with their two big lumps up top.

Auba
ESR-----Pepe
Tierney-Lokonga-Partey-AMN
Gabriel-Tomiyasu-White
Ramsdale

(343)
The issue with Burnely isn't winning the first header. It doesn't actually matter who wins the first header. They press high so we need White at CB.

The importance is on the second ball. They play like Bolton used to. Win the second ball and get it back into the box. Rinse repeat, crowd gets on your back, set pieces are won, they take their time to take them, crowd gets more on your back, you get a break away and they win it back and do it again. If they are successful that is what happens.

We need Partey and Lokonga to be quick to the second ball in midfield. If we consistently win the second ball, we win the game.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

No holding. So no way 3 atb unless it's mari. So don't want 3 in that case.

And good news is for sure it's gonna be partey - lokonga

bonzka

Feed me that 433. Partey the cleaner-upper with line breaking passes.

Press 'em high and win second balls. We have the speed at the back now to play a high line and squeeze the space.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Is there a possibility we dont start Partey & save him for the NLD?
Some Burnley clogger is sure to go through him & knowing our luck he will be injured for a while :eek:ops:.

Reactions: Xln

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
5th-6th at best, still not good enough.
Wenger is finished people should move on

Not necessarily in terms of league position but in terms of pass-and-move fluid football. Feel lik Tets is holding these guys back but let's see.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Is there a possibility we dont start Partey & save him for the NLD?
Some Burnley clogger is sure to go through him & knowing our luck he will be injured for a while :eek:ops:.
Not really. We need wins and momentum. Partey has already been eased in a bit, and last game was a week ago.

He can be substituted for rest if we lead.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I definetely see Arteta playing 5 at the back to have as many good headers of the ball. I can see Chambers as right wing back and tomiyasu as one of the CB. Basically prepare the whole weak to stop burnley. As far as the neutrals this will be the worst game of the week for sure. Two of the worst footballing sides in the league

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not really. We need wins and momentum. Partey has already been eased in a bit, and last game was a week ago.

He can be substituted for rest if we lead.
I think you are correct but i just worry Burnley are gonna be making lots of iffy challenges & Partey or someone else is gonna get injured.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If I was a neutral, this is the kind of game I'd avoid watching. Two bottom half teams that play dreadful football.

Tomb Bombadil

Burnley will try to make this physical like always and maybe even more than normal. Because thats what everybody is telling Hard (Burnley) against Soft (Arsenal). What we really have to do is complain as much as possible if they are fouling us.

Young Boys fans were booing De Gea for time wasting and players were also complaining. So Ref gave him an early yellow. We have to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom